gators52

Central Florida

Re: approved

wow. that was totally right on brother.

2012/2/9 11:22Profile
Sree

Re:

Quote:

If I were to envy any man that ever lived, it would be the thief on the cross. That man just believed.

I understand that you are saying with the context of being stuffed with Doctrines.

But in general one should never envy the thief on the cross. We have higher calling than him. Actually the thief on the cross has to envy us.

If somehow getting to heaven is the only motive of one being a Christian then he should always envy Thief on the cross. But God has called us with something better than just getting into Heaven, he has called us to be like Jesus. The thief on the cross did not get the opportunity to live like Jesus on this earth. He never experienced Holy Spirit and a guiltless living or clear conscience towards God on this earth. By all means we have a higher calling than him, if you understand this you will thank God turly for each and every day you have on this earth to live like Jesus.

2012/2/9 11:36Profile

Re:

"But God has called us with something better than just getting into Heaven."

When I was in living in sin without Jesus, the only thing that was on my mind when I cried out to Him was to be saved from going to hell. That is the greatest thing in the world is to save sinners. If I in this life become more and more like Jesus, then that is just a perk, a bonus for the jounney. But if I spend the rest of my life thanking Jesus for saving me from my sins then the work of the cross has found a resting place.

If being like Jesus is the greatest thing, then being like Jesus is the greatest thing for you. I know within myself I will never be like Jesus. BUT, oh I love that word BUT don't you? But, the SEED that has been planted in me, THAT will be the outshining, the glory that is going to be revealed in us, Christ in you the hope of Glory. I will never be like Jesus, but the Jesus in me will be Himself in me. Just as the Father was in Christ Jesus speaking the words of eternal life and doing the works through Him, He will be the one that speaks through us and does the work through us.

Praise God brother for your words.

2012/2/9 12:11
pilgrim777

Re:

This is one of the most beautiful stories of non-works based acknowledgement of faith which that I know of. The only thing that pleases God if faith, for without faith it is impossible to please Him.

The greatest thing in this life is to come to Christ and the thief did just that. Even more beautiful, Christ came to him and received him. "This day, thou shalt be with me in paradise".

I believe all condemnation melted away from the thief and he died with a clear conscience. How could he not? The Holy Spirit ministered to him while he was on the cross. Indeed, that is where God does His greatest work in our lives, when we are on the cross.

Do we know how everything took place from a technical perspective? No. But from a relational perspective we know that when the thief "came to Christ", he was not rejected.

Pilgrim

2012/2/9 12:50Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Great post Pilgrim.

2012/2/9 12:52Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: So EXACTLY What Does It Take

Quote:
Sree wrote:
He actually says if you are not born again you will not enter the kingdom of God at all. It is not same as what you are saying...

I hope you will take this correction with Love.

Brother,

If it was an actual correction, I would! I promise.

Let’s go to John 3.5-6 and please continue on to John 3.7, Jesus said, “Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again;’” He condenses what he said in verses 5 and 6 to “you must be born again.” How is that not the same? It is!

It seems to me that you just like to argue, condemn and/or correct people over semantics and I hope you take that lovingly, my brother!! :)

God bless you,
Lisa

2012/2/9 13:17Profile
Sree

Re:

Quote:

When I was in living in sin without Jesus, the only thing that was on my mind when I cried out to Him was to be saved from going to hell. That is the greatest thing in the world is to save sinners. If I in this life become more and more like Jesus, then that is just a perk, a bonus for the journey. But if I spend the rest of my life thanking Jesus for saving me from my sins then the work of the cross has found a resting place.

I want to tell a story, there was a man who was infected by Cancer. Each and everyday the Cancer was spreading in him, making him weak. He knew that if he continues like this he will die.
One day he met a fake doctor who told him that he has a medicine that will prevent him from dying of Cancer. This man accepted the medicine and had it every day. The cancer kept spreading in him making him weak. But he kept believing that he will not die because he is taking the medicine given by this fake doctor. This man thought that this how his life is supposed to be and kept accepting the cancer infected life and thought he will never be relieved.

Now in this story the Cancer is the sin of man, medicine Gospel and the fake doctor was an evangelist who did not know the complete Gospel and death is Going to Hell.

One day he met another doctor who saw his medicines and said that this is not the complete treatment he has received and he has been deceived so long and the truth is Medicine has a cure to Cancer that will totally remove it from him. When the patient heard this news he was so happy and he immediately accepted the treatment and lived happily without Cancer. How stupid will the patient be if he did not believe the Real doctor and keep trusting on the fake doctor who made the patient believe (for so many years) that he can never be cured?

It is not wrong to believe in an incomplete Gospel that says getting Saved means we will go from Hell to Heaven. It is because one can only believe what he has been told by evangelists and Churches. But when one is shown the complete Gospel which is stated in the very first promise of New Covenant -
Matthew 1-21:-She will bear a Son; and you shall call His name Jesus, for [w]He will save His people from their sins.

This is Salvation to be freed from Sin. And it is possible, all we need is to believe and seek.

I am not writing this post to prove anyone wrong. Just shared a story that Holy Spirit reminded me. Please forgive me if I have hurt anyone.

2012/2/9 14:35Profile
ArtB

New York

Re: We are saved by our acceptance of the blood atonement of Jesus Christ

[quote Solomon 101]What do you believe are the actual requirements for a person to be a child of God, have eternal life, and spend eternity with The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit?

Jn 3:14-21 Jesus speaking to Nicodemus
14 "As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up; so that whoever believes will in Him have eternal life.

God was displeased with the sinfulness with His people of the exodus that Moses led out from Egypt, they were very rebellious, their hearts were hardened, they had no faith in God. So God sent out deadly poisonous snakes to bite them that they may die.

Our God is a merciful God, and God extended His mercy to all the people that they may not die from the snakes bites. He told Moses to hold up his Serpent staff, and all the peoples were informed that God said that every person dying from the snake bites will not die, but live, if they look upon the Serpent Staff that Moses was holding up for all to see. All who by faith in God looked upon the Serpent Staff Moses was holding up, God delivered them from death, they were saved from impending death, they lived. By their faith they were saved and received this gift of life from God.

All those who did not believe God and did not look upon the Serpent Staff, lacking faith in God, forfeited God's gift of life, they died.

We all sinned, me and all you reading this, and all other humans, except Jesus, we are sinners, and are worthy of death.

Jesus tells us: Jn 3:14-15
As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up; so that whoever believes will in Him have eternal life." NASU

Jesus kept the entire Mosaic Law. Being sinless, Jesus became our unblemished Lamb, whose blood shed on the cross, takes away our sins for all time, so that we, by faith, believe Jesus and accept Jesus shed blood as covering for all our sins, past - present - and future, then we have met God's requirement, for by believing God, by this faith in receiving God's GIFT of eternal life, we HAVE inherited eternal life, being sealed by THE HOLY SPIRIT (HE WHO IS US IS STRONGER THAN he who is in the world), TILL THE DAY OF REDEMPTION, we await the bridegroom who is preparing a room for us in His KINGDOM. Once sealed by the Holy Spirit, we are saved. He who is in us, The Holy Spirit, is greater than he who is the world. No one can take away our salvation.

THIS IS HOW AMAZINGLY EASY GOD MADE IT FOR US TO BE SAVED.

16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. 17 "For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. 18 " He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19 "This is the judgment, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the Light, for their deeds were evil. 20 " For everyone who does evil hates the Light, and does not come to the Light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21 "But he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God." NASU

You and I, we have already come to the Light, and we have been sealed by the Holy Spirit who dwells in each of us, God in us, working God's will in us. The Holy Spirit is our Helper. He even prays for us when we do not know what we should pray for.

2012/2/9 19:37Profile

Re:

Thank you for the story about Cancer.

I understand completely what you have tried to convey.

Just to be clear though. The very first time I came to Jesus I was young boy. A Sunday School teacher told me about Him, I loved that woman. Christ had been planted in my heart. The work of the Spirit had already began though I understood nothing at this point in fact I didn't even know who Jesus was until I was 15 while reading the bible for the first time. There drowning in tears I fell in love with Jesus Christ. I needed to know Him for the years that followed as I was about to drown in my own sin. The cancer that was in me was eating me up but the SEED was also at work eating up the cancer. I lacked knowledge on what Christ did on the cross therefore I lived a defeated life. Through my life of sin God never abandoned me, not once. I was very much a believer that stumbled many many times and couldn't understand why I was being driven in all sorts of directions. In all instances of crying out to Him He saved me from every situation, even when I thought that the best thing for me to do was to go all hog into the world of sin He always sent someone to minister grace unto me and I always turned back toward Him, even though the cancer of sin was strong, His grace that compelled me was stronger, and besides, I wanted Him and He knows that.

Thanks for explaining that Brother in story form, I like reading of stories of that nature. :-)

2012/2/9 23:43

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy