SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Rock that is Higher than I

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

The Rock that is Higher than I

Its very dangerous to elevate men. It happens time and again in Christianity where men are revered, relied apon for doctrine and answers to every question. It is not only dangerous I believe, but sinful and harmful. Every single Christian must be grounded first and foremost on the solid Rock of Jeus Christ and led by the Holy Spirit alone. Once this is established, then other mens opinions and teachings can be considered in the light of your own revelation and illuminations from God and from His word.

In this personality cult age, the danger is even greater. The one name that you should find yourself talking about and discussing is Jesus. I guarantee you, that if you decide to pursue the deeper life, if you truly decide to follow after the Lord with your whole heart, then you will be brought to a point where this absolute co-dependence on Him will be established. All men will fail you, all agenda's will fall, every pre-conceived notion will be tested in the fire, every formula will evaporate until you stand naked, stripped of all comforts and desperate.

You will be like the deer that panteths for the waterbrooks, you will seek God with your whole heart because if you do not you will die. In that desert, you will learn to depend solely on God to minister to you. Your husband or your wife will not do, your favorite preacher will not do, your most spiritual friend will not do, only the Rock that if higher than all "I," will do.

GOD ABOVE MAN

Even though a man may die
I will lead him to the Rock
That is higher than I

Men will say " I will pray"
"I will take authority, I will bless"
Man thinks too much of himself
and his own holiness

That is higher than I

Men will say " you can depend upon me"
" I am a man of God, cant you see?"
"I am holy and wise, why I am a spiritual giant
to all the powers of hell, I'll be defiant"

That is higher than I

And when you find that there's no way ahead
Turn away from men and turn to God instead
And you will find peace in the midst of your sorrows
Even if there shall be no tomorrow's

That is higher than I

When my heart is overwhelmed
and darkness fills the sky
when I have reached the ends of the earth
I will run to the Rock that is higher than I

2012/2/8 12:49

Re: The Rock that is Higher than I

To the chief Musician upon Neginah, A Psalm of David. Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer. From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy. I will abide in thy tabernacle for ever: I will trust in the covert of thy wings. Selah. For thou, O God, hast heard my vows: thou hast given me the heritage of those that fear thy name. Thou wilt prolong the king's life: and his years as many generations. He shall abide before God for ever: O prepare mercy and truth, which may preserve him. So will I sing praise unto thy name for ever, that I may daily perform my vows.
(Psa 61:1-8)

2012/2/8 16:41
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Amen brother, Amen. Men are ordained of God to teach, preach, minister, etc., but we cannot revere the man. Respect, honor when appropriate, learn from, but never revere.

2012/2/8 19:08Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

Another thought. The process of becoming totally dependent on God can only come about through situations where you must be totally dependent upon God. It is a painful and difficult process for our stubborn, human flesh to endure, but oh the fruit that is harvested coming out the other side. This year has been one of those years and I am still learning the lessons. Pray that I be able to surrender more totally than ever before.

2012/2/8 19:10Profile

Re:

"It is a painful and difficult process for our stubborn, human flesh to endure, but oh the fruit that is harvested coming out the other side. This year has been one of those years and I am still learning the lessons. Pray that I be able to surrender more totally than ever before."

Tremendous fruit come out of these trials and places brother, as you are finding out. The narrow path is not for the faint-hearted, but praise God, the deepest revelations of the Lord I have had has come in the deepest valleys. I will be praying for you brother Travis.....bro Frank

2012/2/8 20:15
Elibeth

Thank you for this reading Appolus,

How very true it is,...we Must learn from the Greatest Teacher first....
Or how else are we to compare?
And Oh for the Rock,.I need this Great and Mighty Rock ....I say this with tears,..the water is trying to Overflow me ,..please pray for me.

2012/2/8 20:47Profile

Re:

This great need that you have expressed sister will lead you to the Rock.Never give up sister, pursue the living God, He shall be found by those who seek Him. This desire that you have to go deeper is the greatest desire in the world and certainly comes with a price. The greatest men and woman of the Bible have cried out to God sister, and He is no respector of persons. Stay the narrow path sis, God bless you as you walk this out. Todays sufferings will be tomorrows blessing. Oh Father in heaven above, we come before your throne tonight, my sister and I and the praying saints and we mangnify your name, we lift up the name of Jesus as we cry to you in this place of mercy. Hear the cries of your servants as they humble themselves before you oh Father. The desire of my sisters heart is for you and you alone, may she have the desire of her heart Lord, in the mighty name of the Lord Jesus.....amen.

2012/2/8 22:42
arkp

apollos, you are so right!

...and so it was, when those bearing the ark of the Lord had gone six paces, that he sacrificed oxen and fatted sheep.

That he, sacrificed
That we, sacrificed
That they, sacrificed

apollos, what does this mean to you?

2012/2/8 23:22Profile

Re:

Hi arkp,

What a glorious thing for the opportunity to be reconciled to our God when we have quenched His Spirit by our sin. He ushers us back into HIs presence only this time we take nothing for granted because we have been humbled. Every six paces David sacrifices the sacrifice of atonement, atonement for the way they had previously moved the ark and had angered the Lord our God. Yet glory be to God, while there is great pains in coming before the Lord seeking mercy, seeking forgiveness, great fear that we have dishonered our Lord, great dissapointment that we have fallen, there is tremendous joy that comes in the restoration, the joy of our salvation has retuned and our spirit is renewed within us and we should rightly dance and leap for the mercy and grace that we have found........bro Frank

2012/2/9 0:32
Elibeth

Re:

Appolus,

Thank you for your..and everyone's prayers...I am very thankful for the faithfulness and the compassionate there.
I need prayer, !.....to trust God more,...in overwhelming cercomstances.

To God be praised,
Elizabeth

2012/2/9 10:27Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy