SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : forgiveness & reconciliation

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
soulrehab

Traverse City, Michigan

forgiveness & reconciliation

A few years ago I had an awful accident on my motorcyle, caused by a young girl running a stop-sign. God has done many miracles as He restored my body.I don't want to tell my story. Often as my church family and I prayed for my recovery, we also prayed for the soul of the gal involved in the accident with me. After 2 1/2 years of silence, I learned that God was working. I wrote this article called a new miracle about this experience. Tell me what you think.

A New Miracle

2 Corinthians 5:18,19, “All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation.”

“For the sake of each of us he laid down his life—worth no less than the universe. He demands of us in return our lives for the sake of each other. “ St. Clement of Alexandria

Often as I walk about on my missions in life, an old friend will stop me and say, “Wow, Tim you are walking great!” I will give a big cheesy smile and say, “Yep, I’m a walking miracle!” I feel like I am a moving and proving example that God answers prayers. Thousands of people can say that they prayed for me and each one can know that God answered their prayer. I am thankful that my broken arms, shoulder, leg, pelvis and injured lungs and bladder have all healed. Each day that I get up is a miracle! Life is a gift to me!

Well, I came across a greater miracle then my healing!

Do you remember the story of the friends that took their paralytic buddy to Jesus? These were bold fearless friends? When they hit a roadblock (like a huge unmoving crowd) they came up with a better idea. They went onto the roof and smashed a hole in it. Then they successfully lowered their dear friend into the presence of Jesus. Mark 2:5 says, “When Jesus saw their faith.” Jesus saw the fearless, bold faith of this companions and he say, “Son your sins are forgiven.” Later Jesus healed the paralytic and he rose and walked.

Jesus was very clear in his actions. The soul is more important then the body. So every time I’m at the hospital, I pray for the needed healing of the soul and then I pray for the healing of the body. God did greater miracles in my soul then he did in my body. But this miracle is not about me.

The most asked question in my recovery is, “Will you ever ride again?” Which, I always give a wide range of answers. Some answers bring out my evil side. Most of these answers reflect my dry sense of humor. Another popular question is have you ever met the girl that caused the accident. For two and a half years I would answer “No, but I want to.” I have always felt that it was an accident and that I could never give any time to bitterness, whining or an unforgiving spirit, because they would have a negative effect on my physical healing.
My friends and I did pray for both the soul of the young lady and that the she would not live with the guilt and burden from this accident.

Well a miracle was happening in another church. Renee began attending church and then a small group Bible study. Her fiancé and her found the forgiveness of sins and an eternal relationship with Christ. The leader of this small group happens to be working on an Emmaus Walk with me. So we have been spending Saturday mornings planning and praying over this walk. As well he has relatives that attend New Hope Community Church. So he asked for prayer at the small group for a relative that attends New Hope. After the meeting Renee asked my friend, Mike if he knew Pastor Tim Manzer. He said, “Yes”.
After a surprise lunch meeting with Mike and his wonderful wife LaVerna, a date after thanksgiving was arranged for a meeting. I felt like Philemon being told in letter by the apostle Paul that his run away slave Onesimus was now a believer. He needed to accept him back as brother in the Lord. Well, I had a sister in Christ that I needed to shower with lots of love. The first meeting was a little uncomfortable. No one has ever explained to me how a meeting of two people involved in a near fatal accident ought to go. She had some questions about legal matters. Later, it hit me, she has a lot to fear concerning me. We live in a sue others society. I never wanted to waste time suing anyone because I viewed that avenue as unchristian and destructive to my healing.
Well since then I have felt the urge to maintain contact with Renee and her fiancé, James. They blessed me on December 26th by coming to my church and hearing me preach. No one in that service could have guessed about the special nature of the drama going on in the second service. Sitting next to my wife, Kim was Renee as I preached on Romans 5:6-8, a text that I had selected before I knew about my new sister in Christ. It says, “You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
After the service we all went out to eat together. I learned of the many painful challenges that she has faced in her young life. She was raised in foster care due to an abusive stepfather. Suddenly a few broken bones did not seem like such a big deal. I developed a deep sense of compassion for this gal.
Since that Sunday we have talked from time to time. I was at the hospital as James faced surgery. I was able to comfort him because of my vast knowledge on the subject of surgeries from real life experience. This week we will be getting together to plan a wedding. I will be honored to be the pastor at James and Renee’s wedding. God is amazing!
As I said to Renee’s loving Foster-mom, at the hospital as I prayed over James. “GOD CAN HEAL ANYTHING!”

GOD CAN HEAL ANYTHING!

“If our greatest need had been information, God would have sent us an educator.
If our greatest need had been technology, God would have sent us a scientist.
If our greatest need had been money, God would have sent us an economist.
If our greatest need had been pleasure, God would have sent us an entertainer.
But our greatest need was forgiveness, so God sent us a Savior.”
Unfinished Business, Charles Sell, Multnomah, 1989, pp. 121ff

2005/1/24 13:38Profile

Re: forgiveness & reconciliation

thank you brother for sharing that. I do believe that the word "reconciliation" has to be one of the sweetest in the english language.

May the Lord bless you is my prayer.

2005/1/24 13:54

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy