SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : What's Wrong With Most Soul Winning Courses?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
UntoBabes

Oregon

What's Wrong With Most Soul Winning Courses?

Quote"
The following is from a Carl Hatch soul-winning seminar at Texas Baptist University.

Carl Hatch says:

I don’t ask anybody if they want to be saved. If you want a positive answer you must ask a positive question. If you want a no answer ask a no question. If you want a yes answer ask a yes question. Soul winning is positive. And in soul winning you use a lot of reverse psychology and psychology.

For instance, if you are lost and I say, “Mr. Smith, let me ask you a question. You don’t want to go to hell, do you?”

He will answer, No.

I say, “Wonderful, you want to go to heaven, don’t you?” He will say yes. I will reply, “Sure you do. Sure you do. Sure you do. Sure you do. I thank God for a man that doesn’t want to go to hell.”

Did you get that? I am reinforcing the fact that he wants to go to heaven. I’m keep everything positive.

I don’t say, “Can I show this to you?” or “Do you mind if I read the Bible to you?” That’s negative and you will probably get a negative answer. I don’t ask people; I just say, “I’m so glad you don’t want to go to hell and I will just take a minute here to show you some verses. I don’t have long and I know you don’t, either. There’s three things that you need to know. First, Jesus died for you. Isn’t that wonderful? Two, Jesus loves you. Isn’t that wonderful? Three, Jesus wants you to go to heaven. Isn’t that wonderful? And I’m so glad that you want to.”

See, I am being positive.

He may say he has a lot of questions, but unsaved people don’t have questions. Don’t get on unsaved people’s questions. Tell them that you will answer their questions later, but first you want to read a few verses of Scripture. Unsaved people don’t have questions. If you get them saved, that answers all of them.

Let me tell you how to deal with someone who has a dumb spirit who bucks getting saved. You share the gospel and get them to the point of praying the sinner’s prayer, but they stop. How do you get that type of person saved? Now, this will work in most cases. If he is a man, put your hand on his shoulder and say, “Mr. Jones, I want to have prayer for you. I’m thrilled you want to go to heaven. God has been good to you. Bow your head with me. Then I pray, “Lord, I’m so thankful for this man that doesn’t want to burn in hell. I’m so thrilled he wants to go to heaven and not take his kids to hell. I thank you for this man. And I pray you will help him to see that need.” While our heads are still bowed, I say, “Mr. Jones, if you want heaven as your home and Christ as your Saviour, pray this prayer. Lord Jesus.” And if he doesn’t repeat that and tries not to pray, I squeeze his shoulder. I use this technique. If I am dealing with the president of the bank, I take his hand and when it comes time for him to pray, I squeeze his hand. We’ve titled that the Carl Hatch squeeze. It works. If I am dealing with a woman, I ask her to put her hand on the Bible, and when it comes time to pray I just tap her hand gently. It works; it works."

Read the whole article here:

http://wayoflife.org/files/aabcc5015c12a22cc963f3b5d8079586-754.html

2012/2/7 13:52Profile
gators52

Central Florida

Re: What's Wrong With Most Soul Winning Courses?

This is a perfect representation of "American Christianity". Heaven is our aim and preaching, not Jesus the Christ. Gods Spirit will not always strive with man...

2012/2/7 14:55Profile
Sree

Re: What's Wrong With Most Soul Winning Courses?

I am sorry to say this, this article sounds more like human effort to win souls. This method will win you a count in church but not a disciple for Jesus.

Using Psychology for God's work does not sound right to me. God will put a longing in their heart and then when we present the Gospel it grows in them. If Psychology can be applied then why not Hypnotism? One might get better success rate than that.

2012/2/7 15:02Profile
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re:

I wanted to point out that this is not the article.
You may want to read the whole article in the link provided because it shows the flaws of such humanistic efforts to win sould.

2012/2/7 15:13Profile
Sree

Re:

I apologize for replying too soon. The link you gave is much detailed, did not read the whole yet but sounds like the writer has Godly Wisdom. It should be very useful to me, I have a friend who is very much into such soul winning and she does the same technique of salesmanship. I will read this article fully soon and share with her. Thanks for posting.

2012/2/7 15:28Profile

Re:

UntoBabes... there is a lot wrong with soul winning methods today, just as there is a lot wrong with David Cloud and his ministry "Way of Life". While in some cases he has some sound, biblical doctrine... as a man he has some very serious character flaws that are evident to almost anyone who has contact with him.

Let me share what I wrote on another thread just today (interesting that two new threads today both bring up David Cloud!):

"...I would caution you about David Cloud too. I was big on David Cloud a few years ago until I had some personal interactions with him. I wrote him an email asking a few innocent questions about something he had written, asking for more clarification of what he was trying to say, and to my shock his response was over the top. He accused me of personally attacking him, hating him, being of my father the devil, etc. I was convinced he read someone else’s email and got mine and another person’s mixed up. But no, that was not the case.

So I attempted to clarify that I was in no way trying to attack him, I had some honest questions about something and thought he could HELP me understand. He again responded with an incredibly arrogant and abusive email, again accusing me of all manner of evil hearted intent.

He even went so far as to end his email by writing out for me how an apology from me to him should be worded for even attempting to “correct” him… (even tho I was not trying to correct him! I was trying to understand him!)

I tried to just end the conversation and give up, but he continued for THREE days sending me 2 and 3 sentence emails with snide insulting comments. It was close to being harassment. I finally blocked him from emailing me.

I then proceeded to google and see if others have ever had similar experiences with him. Perhaps I caught him on a bad month or something. Come to find out… HUNDREDS of people have had similar experiences with him. I was just one more in a VERY long line.

I can tell you from experience that David Cloud is an arrogant, mean-spirited, prideful and hateful man… who claims he loves people. He has a funny way of showing it.

Beware of David W. Cloud. He knows the Bible, just like the Pharisees did..."

Krispy

2012/2/7 16:17

Re:

I do not share that so that I can run the man down... not at all. I simply cant stand to see people promote his website and writings when I know what I know about him from first hand experience.

Krispy

2012/2/7 16:22
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re:

Krispy, I have no idea who David Cloud is, however, after I read youe post I went back and found the article I posted was by David Cloud.

I simply was browsing the net today trying to find soul winning course material and came across this article and found it was very sound to post here on SI.

If you find something wrong with the article, go ahead and post what you see.
Also if you know of good books on soul winning, please let me know.

2012/2/7 17:40Profile
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

Re:

UntoBabes their is a good book called Finding the reality of God by Paris Reidhead you can get free from their ministry. It is unbelievable about the work of salvation, it might help also in understanding evangelism.

http://www.parisreidheadbibleteachingministries.org/catalog.shtml

2012/2/7 23:52Profile

Re:

Quote:
Also if you know of good books on soul winning, please let me know.

Yep, sure do! Here's a great book on Biblical evangelism:

http://www.livingwaters.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&category_id=18&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=489&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=199&lang=en

It's free too.

Krispy

2012/2/8 11:43

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy