SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : The SUPERBOWL! The worship of Babylonian Mammon at it's height.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
highborn

Re:

Set your affection on things above, and not on the things of this world.
There will be no superbowl in heaven.

2012/2/6 13:32Profile

Re:

There is a balance to all of this... be nice if everyone would strive to find it and stop judging each other. Vain strivings and debates, thats all this is.

Personally I am glad there wont be any Super Bowls in heaven... it's usually the worst game of the season (besides the Pro Bowl!). By the way, we should be careful what declare is and is not in heaven, since no eye has seen nor ear heard... etc etc.

Krispy

2012/2/6 13:49
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Sometimes I wonder what is worse, the tv we watch, or the food we eat, or the way we dress, "OR" the condemnation were put under by others.

2012/2/6 13:58Profile
lylewise

Celina, Texas

Re:

Our participation in many things is something we will always have to consider. I caught the last half and I wish looking back that I had turned off the commercials completely. Funny as some were, there was a dumbing down from those that were not comical but lewd. With my boy there, it was up to me to censor what was shown. Looking back, I did not do a very good job. We will struggle to be in the world, as Ambassadors for Christ, protecting ourselves from what is done in the flesh so naturally. What are often appealed to are the very things we are about crucifying when we die daily.

I do wonder if any Christians attended the arena before they became actual participants?

2012/2/6 14:04Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
highborn......There will be no superbowl in heaven.

I have not received an itinerary, have you? :)

2012/2/6 14:07Profile

Re:

Sometimes I think we believe our level of spirituality is measured by how dramatic or loud our rants are.

It was a football game attended by a crowd of unsaved people for the most part. What did you expect? God honoring praise and worship? Did anyone expect anything out of Madonna other than what you got? (we turned it off at half time... we do that every year)

Yep... there is a lot of worldliness and idolatry on display. So dont watch it. Or do like I do and start the game late and fast forward thru the garbage and watch it for the GAME. Or simply dont watch it at all.

Every year it's the same conversation about the Super Bowl... kinda like the annual Christmas debate. We get it, and we ALL agree, with the exception of the game itself (which is what I watch) everything concerning the SuperBowl is worldy and idolatrous.

Thats why I cut out as much of it as I can.

But please stop acting surprised by the behavior of the world. If last night shocked you then you need to get outside and hand out tracts or preach on the corner... do something to take the gospel to the world. Because let me tell ya, if you are living out the "great commission" and trying to reach the lost for Christ... then nothing about last night surprised or shocked you because you've already seen it first hand anyway.

Krispy

2012/2/6 15:38

Re:

Quote:
I have not received an itinerary, have you? :)

There is a lot of talk about Bowls in the book of Revelation!

Krispy

2012/2/6 15:42

Re:

Quote:
There were some there who were there to honor God. Instead of complaining about the world acting like the world is supposed to act... hows about we pray for those who were there giving their all for God on the field

what??? you lost me.

I believe the OP wasn't trying to condemn sports but rather pointing out how these events have been turned into extreme godworship, and gets worse every year. That's just a fact.

2012/2/6 15:56

Re:

Yea, I understand that.

Krispy

2012/2/6 16:01
pilgrim777

Re:

As far as games go, I did not think it was a great game.

Defensive game for sure.

Some critical passes were dropped.

Amazing how the Lord will use everything in life to test one's heart.

2012/2/6 16:14Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy