SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : need prayers i am getting under attack again

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Paul i see what your saying, but i am not sure if that is the issue i am struggling with demonic attacks, but also with the fact that i am realizing i have the inability to repent and even have faith unless the Lord provides it to me, i don't have the ability, but i can seek until i am completely hardened. Also was going to ask for prayers again, i have been getting attacked strongly again in my mind or thought life and my body.

2012/2/13 20:55

Re:

I have talked to a few people about deliverance on here, so i don't want to hurt anyones feelings, but i really think i need to find someone experienced in deliverance again, i have tried seeking the Lord on my own, but things really aren't getting that much better. If anyone can help again, i am serious about seeking deliverance again.

2012/2/21 23:35
MichaelLiao

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re: Are you willing to let go of sin?

Hey bible4life,

My question to you dear brother is are there sins in your life that you are not willing to let go of? (http://youtu.be/mgJzOr4khrs)

The reason is that Christ is always willing to set you free, the question is what sin in your life have you kept behind your heart and not give it into the hands of the Lord and let Him take over that part of your life. Now it doesn't necessarily have to be sin like some sort of immorality, it can be self-righteousness or a false form of holiness that you are clinging to and making it into an idol. For example, evangelism. Not saying that evangelism is bad, but you may be trusting in the act of evangelism to save your soul instead of trusting solely in Jesus Christ. Let go of trying to save yourself and say to Christ, "Lord, you do it for me!" When you say that to the Lord, that's trusting Him to work it out and just simply rest. I'll even go as far as using a dangerous word other then rest, "Relax on Christ."

Bear not a single care thyself
One is too much for thee
The work is Mine and Mine alone
Thy work -- to rest in Me. (From Hudson Taylor's Spiritual Secrets)

Brother send me your email at [email protected] and I'll send you my pastor's devotional, it'll help you rest in Christ and Christ alone. God help us all!

Your Servant In Jesus' Name,

- Michael Liao

2012/2/22 1:41Profile

Re:

Thanks brother, i have thought long over what sins i have not let go of. Right now what i could come up with as far as my sins go are: putting things before God's word and prayer time, just my time with God alone is putting sports like basketball and football before the Lord or putting the computer and doing things on the computer instead of spending more time with the Lord. I have tried putting scripture first and the Lord first, but it then becomes almost where i just feel like i am still not free, i feel like i have lost that grace in my heart. Also i struggle with all the sins i confessed and renounced, i find myself almost falling right back into being anger and jealous and bitter towards people even though i wanted to forgive everyone. Or i fall back into my struggle with lust after being so adamant about not doing it anymore, or plan to dedicate myself completely to the Lord and then i become dull to it and fall back into my struggle with putting the Lord first. I can never seemed to be discilpined with going to church or bible study, reading my bible daily, etc.It seems i continue to go through this, for some time now. But anyways, if i had to sum it up, i just kind of am lost about everything, i really haven't heard the voice of the Lord for sometime now, at time i believe i have, but definitely not like i use to. I really don't know brother, i am just seeking, but seem to b going in a circle a usual, i really need the Lord Jesus to move upon my life and i need Him to be a reality again in my life.

2012/2/22 2:29

Re:

Brothers and sisters I really need your prayers, i am being very sincere about this, please the enemy has been attacking me extremely bad in my body and putting evil thoughts continually in my mind. So you guys can understand me better, the enemy puts evil thoughts in my mind and then i begin to feel extremely guilty and then has such a stronghold on me that i cant seem to believe that i don't deserve to be punished, but anyways the enemy has been affecting my health. Please can you pray for protection, my faith, and deliverance. I dont understand the whole situation completely, so i need prayer to understand it better, whether or not their some door that needs to be closed that i don't know of or something i need to believe or not believe anymore. I have been reading the word daily, but i just get over these spiritual attacks, it is affecting my thought life and my health o much, i really need you to keep praying for me, i know now the enemy wants to destroy me. Please keep me in prayer.

2012/2/22 14:11

Re:

Quote:
Enemy has been attacking me extremely bad in my body and putting evil thoughts continually in my mind.

The next time your tempted, praise the Lord with all that you have in you. I have found that when I am being tempted I say the name of Jesus outloud and in my mind and the temptation goes away speedily.

The next time you have a dirty thought, cast it down. Yes, cast it down, imagine in your mind stamping on it. But it takes some effort on your part, it takes your cooperation.

What do you want the most, the pleasure in sin for a season or being free?

Every man will say "being free" of course, but when the temptation comes the story changes. We want what the temptation is offering because it appeals to the lust that is already in our members.

Did you know that every man has a lust of some kind? And there are times that we are enticed and drawn away with it. It's there and will probably remain there to our dying day. However, it doesn't mean that we let it control us.

The sooner you get that settled in your heart the better it will be for you; that failure is a part of growing.

So you fell, well get back up. It doesn't matter how many times you fall down, keep crying out to the Lord for help and get up again, it's the crying out to God for help that makes all the difference in your journey through faith. Even when you enjoyed what you fell into, keep going back to the Lord for help.

When you started this thread you were in the realm of fretting. You were engulfed in the fear of falling into sin again and it was overwhelming you. Again, settle it in your heart that your going to fall. The sooner you accept that the better because that fear will constantly come upon you and the enemy will use it against you.

Don't wallow in your self pity or say "oh woe is me", get up from sinning and say, "Father I sinned again, cleanse me from all unrighteousness."

Don't fail to turn your sins over to Him because remember Christ is our sin bearer, He took the sins of the world upon Himself and He became sin for us. If you hold unto sin, your holding unto something that is rightfully His. So give it to Him because He alone knows how to forgive you. Fob it onto Him as soon as you can, if you don't death starts to spread and your heart will become hardened and you don't want that to happen.

Remember, it doesn't matter how many times you sin, get right back up again asking Him to forgive you. In the beginning of our journey with God, there are some of us that seem to live a "sin repent, sin repent" walk. But remember when you continue to call upon the Lord for help, that status will change over time as you learn to grow in grace and in the knowledge of Him.

2012/2/22 19:00
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Bible4life, you say, "Enemy has been attacking me extremely bad in my body"

Consider that not all you are suffering is from the enemy.

The 'bad thoughts' are more than likely from within your own mind/heart.

What does the Spirit say to do in this case? Read below:

Rev 3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

2012/2/23 14:22Profile

Re:

i wanted to encourage you, brother. have you studied romans 7?

Romans 7:15-25, New American Standard Bible (NASB)

15 For what I am doing, I do not understand; for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate. 16 But if I do the very thing I do not want to do, I agree with the Law, confessing that the Law is good. 17 So now, no longer am I the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me. 18 For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh; for the willing is present in me, but the doing of the good is not. 19 For the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want. 20 But if I am doing the very thing I do not want, I am no longer the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me.

21 I find then the [a]principle that evil is present in me, the one who wants to do good. 22 For I joyfully concur with the law of God [b]in the inner man, 23 but I see a different law in [c]the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner [d]of the law of sin which is in my members. 24 Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from [e]the body of this death? 25 Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh the law of sin.

...further reading if you're led in romans.

i would also GREATLY encourage you to read watchman nee's "the normal christian life" as his book is a study on romans 6-8 especially. i pray it frees you brother! here's a link to nee's book online to read for free:

http://www.ccel.org/ccel/nee/normal.html

2012/2/23 20:34

Re:

Ecclesiastes 8:8 There is no man that hath power over the spirit to retain the spirit; neither hath he power in the day of death: and there is no discharge in that war; neither shall wickedness deliver those that are given to it.

"There is no discharge in that war".

Your in a war brother and you may as well get used to it.

What you don't like and the same goes for us is that when we sin we don't like the reprecussions of our sinning. No one does! The Lord had reminded me a few years back that "God is not mocked, whatsoever you sow your going to reap." And I reaped all right. Long periods of depression and heartache. God was teaching me something that it's not worth giving into temptation. That feeling of separation from Him was too much, yet He wasn't far at all, it just felt that way.

I've been there. I've had the attacks, fretted and was always anxious, always looking for an easy way out and never found it. Running around the countryside looking for anyone to pray me out of these attacks and they never came. I had to endure it, live through it, BUT He never forsook me through it all. In fact, I long for those days. You have no idea the work that He doing through you through these trials, through these 'attacks'. I long for those days because I was more needy then. I needed Him all the time.

2012/2/23 23:18

Re:

Brother you made a great point, i have been going all over the countryside getting prayer for everyone.LOL. It is kind of crazy isn't, i just seem to be running in circles and not getting anywhere for sometime now. But, seriously thank you guys for your wisdom, i really appreciate your concern for me and your help. This is very difficult time again in my life. It is something i wondered about these evil thoughts whether they were coming from my heart or not. I think possibly what might be happening is that i have had unforgiveness, bitterness, anger, that i have not let go in my heart and it is possible that i have evil spirits of hate and unforgiveness tormenting me with hateful thoughts. Some of these thoughts i do not want to be thinking i know for sure, but i am not surprised that this because of my sin.

2012/2/24 1:49

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy