SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : I don't want to chase after the worlds opinion any longer...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MaryJane

I don't want to chase after the worlds opinion any longer...

For a very long time I have desired to be "somebody" to be thought of by others as important, or of value in someway. Being a house wife and mom is not looked upon very positively and I have struggled with negative feelings from time to time because of others opinions. I realize that I have cared for to much what the world thinks of me, and its opinion of me.I have at times allowed it to matter and even influence my choices and attitude of heart. God has been showing me these things about myself and as HE does I have been in prayer. By HIS grace and mercy, I have come to see my desire for "self" recognition from others around me was/is sin on my part and something that I really need to die to. A sin in my life that I want to die to, so please if you feel lead to pray for me, please do.

As a follower of the LORD JESUS I should seek to point others toward HIM not me. I want my life daily to reflect JESUS not this world. I do so very much want HIM to be lifted up and glorified and not self... I want to come to a place in HIM were I am content to be what HE has for me to be not seeking after what the world values. I don't have to have others seem me as "special" or important as long and I have JESUS. I just want to know the LORD with all my heart and do what HE wills for me to be doing, to find peace, and joy in HIM...

Thank you to those who feel led to pray for me
God Bless
mary

2012/2/2 13:25Profile
lindi1208

Re: I don't want to chase after the worlds opinion any longer...

Dear sister

Just felt led to share this word with you 1 Cor 2 : 2 2 For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.
May Our Gracious Father and Lord Jesus Christ grant your hearts desire that His Holy name be glorified through your crucified life!

Love in Christ

Lindi

2012/2/2 13:40Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Mary, welcome to the other side, I "used" to be the same way. I have lost a couple friends and one family member since my change, but my days of going along, to get along to satisfy others, are long gone, no turning back now.
God Bless!

2012/2/2 13:51Profile
hoohoou

Texas

First let me say that being a stay at home mom is a special thing. I'm learning about this now as my wife has started staying home recently. I know how intelligent she is and see the struggle she has when even family make subtle hints about wasting her education. She always will be a teacher but now she's focused on our family. What greater occupation could there be but to raise children to be children of God?

Next topic. Our pastor was talking about changing for the better the other day. He started talking about the fear of man and he said something that resonated strongly with me. In essence he said that you will serve what you fear since fear, as in the fear of God, is a deep abiding respect. If we fear man what we've done is make them our functional lord. Pretty convicting to me to say the least.

2012/2/2 17:17Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

God bless you MaryJane. I can relate - been there, done that as well. To forsake the attitude of needing approval by others in your decision making or whatever, is very liberating. Life becomes much more enjoyable - I promise. In the process of things you will develop a creativity unknown to you before - all because you are allowing God's will to flow through you and this includes creativity.

May I be so bold to suggest you will begin to actually live once you chuck those shackles of pride? God is pleased and you will be, too.

God bless.

ginnyrose

2012/2/2 19:10Profile

Re:

""In essence he said that you will serve what you fear since fear, as in the fear of God, is a deep abiding respect. If we fear man what we've done is make them our functional lord. Pretty convicting to me to say the least.""

That's a good one!

Pro 29:25 The fear of man bringeth 'a snare':
but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe.

2012/2/3 16:35

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy