SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Angels

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
WayneFerrel

Raytown, MO

Angels

Do angels ever take on a femimnine look?

2005/1/23 7:47Profile
Spitfire

Re: Angels

Hi Wayne. Welcome to SI. I am certain that angels could appear in the form of a woman. I know demons can. There is a scripture that states that we entertain angels unaware. I've always taken that to mean that they would be in the form of a person. Love, Dian.

2005/1/23 8:13Profile
jeremyhulsey

I don't see why they couldn't since they're technically neither male nor female.

2005/1/23 23:02Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Quote:
Do angels ever take on a femimnine look?

They are only ever referred to as 'he' and elsewhere referred to as the 'sons of God'. Judaism and Christianity have only ever had 'male' angels.

Quote:
There is a scripture that states that we entertain angels unaware. I've always taken that to mean that they would be in the form of a person.

This is a reference to Abraham and his three male 'angel' visitors.

2005/1/24 9:52Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
This is a reference to Abraham and his three male 'angel' visitors.

Hi Bro. Ron,

I have always understood the passage to ultimately mean that we could have angels in our presence and not know it. The reason for this seems that the angels conducted themselves as men. They walked and talked and could eat and drink. The had all the signs of being mere men. Is that in harmony with your understanding?

God Bless,

-Robert

2005/1/24 11:09Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
I have always understood the passage to ultimately mean that we could have angels in our presence and not know it.

Yes, I agree with this understanding. My comments were to do with gender rather than species! I don't know why, and this is usually where I would object, but I don't think 'good angels' have ever taken on the form of 'woman'.

2005/1/24 12:12Profile
Jimm

Harare, ZIMBABWE

Re:

I agree that angles have always to be said to have always been said to take a male look. Can anyone tell me the significance of this passage:

1 Corinthians 11:1-16 1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ. 2 Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you. 3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God. 4 Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head. 5 But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven. 6 For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered. 7 For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man. 8 For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man. 9 Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man. [b]10 For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels.[/b] 11 Nevertheless neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord. 12 For as the woman is of the man, even so is the man also by the woman; but all things of God. 13 Judge in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered? 14 Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him? 15 But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering. 16 But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God.

2005/1/24 12:44Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy