SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : I NEED SOME HELP

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
FreeIndeed

I NEED SOME HELP

I would like to learn Biblical Hebrew. I am not really concerned with speaking it, but I'd like to read it and study it. I've been learning that the more you know about the Hebrew Bible, the more you can get from it. For example, if you look up the meanings of the names in the geneology of Genesis chapter 5, they form a prophecy of the Christ coming and being killed for our sins to save us.
I want to begin studying Biblical Hebrew, but I can't really afford to go to a school and learn, can anyone reccomend some good study tools. Any ideas where to start?
I appreiate your response.
-John

2005/1/22 5:09Profile
dixierain

Louisiana, U.S.A.

Re: I NEED SOME HELP

See if this site can help. As far as I can tell, it's free. http://foundationstone.com.au/

2005/1/25 18:50Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I want to begin studying Biblical Hebrew, but I can't really afford to go to a school and learn, can anyone reccomend some good study tools. Any ideas where to start?

If you dig around the web enough you will find alot of free helps for yourself to learn biblical hebrew. It would start with memorizing the alphabet and the sounds and also the grammer structure of the language. If you are not looking to get very indepth into learning the language but want to know the root hebrew words then you could get an hebrew lexicon with a bible that is numbered with strongs numbers. So essentially that would show a number above each word and then you look up the number in the lexicon if it works with strongs. There is also simple software that allows you to do this. One is www.esword.com

2005/1/25 18:58Profile
inotof

Morehead, KY

Re:

If you have a Jewish synogoge, most rabbis teach classes in Hebrew, even to those who are not Jewish or members. (I'm not condoning Judism) There is also a book called "Basics of Hebrew Grammer" put out by Zondervan--it is around 50, but it comes with a tutoriol cd with it.

2005/1/26 9:20Profile
couch

College Station, TX

Re: Greek Class

Another side note...

I don't know where you are brother, but if you are anywhere in the vicinity of central/east Texas there is going to be a free introductory Greek (not Hebrew, but good for New Testament study) class taught by an excellent scholar and brother in Christ Mark Bahr this coming Saturday.

Mark is with Heart of God Ministries (with David Smithers) and is coming down here (College Station, TX) to teach a class from 10 AM - 2:30 PM at Emmmanuel Baptist Church.

If you or anyone else is interested, contact Darren Ely at darrenely@hotmail.com, or visit our website at Ignite Ministries.org for details on how to get there!

If you can't make it down for this, I pray you are blessed to seek Jesus through His word nonetheless!

2005/1/26 10:42Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy