SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : A Friend Sent Me Here

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Hi Jill,

Welcome to Sermonindex. Truly there are a lot of great resources here to glean from. I would recommend the Judgment Seat of Christ and Ten Shekels and a Shirt. Revival Hymn is also quite powerful.

God Bless,

-Robert

2005/1/22 23:30Profile
Hyssop

Montana USA

Re:

Thanks Robert,

Thanks so much!

2005/1/22 23:36Profile

Hey Jill... it's your southern buddy...

Hidee ho, Jill! Whats shakin your bacon today?

Krispy :-P

2005/1/25 16:38
Hyssop

Montana USA

Re: Hey Jill... it's your southern buddy...

Hi Krispy, I'm glad you found the place, looks like good news travels fast :-D

There is such a wealth of wonderful resources for learning and lots of nice folks here too, from ALL over, wow!

Blessings, Hyssop

2005/1/25 20:05Profile

Re:

Better than that last forum, eh Hyssop? LOL

2005/1/26 8:31
Angyl

Hello Jill!

At your suggestion, the Angyl has come. Haven't had much time yet to browse the site, but from what little I've seen so far, it does indeed seem to be full of more meat than the other board.

It'll be nice to be able to come somewhere and get fed rather than doing the feeding (and getting yelled at by the mods for doing it). :-P

2005/1/26 20:33Profile
lastblast

Michigan

Re: Hello Jill!

Hey Angyl!!!

Good to see you here........Cindy (cindyw) :-)

2005/1/27 0:58Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Hello Jill!

Welcome Angyl!

Quote:
It'll be nice to be able to come somewhere and get fed rather than doing the feeding (and getting yelled at by the mods for doing it).

Well, promise not to yell ;-)

Feed and be fed... Could go into the whole sheep analogy but...just thankful that we are all under One Sheppard.

And after purusing the other thread ya'all got me curious, dare I ask what the "R.R" may be attributed to? Just need to be on my guard here :-P

2005/1/27 8:33Profile
Angyl

Re:

R.R. just stands for Rapture Ready. A very large messageboard we post at (or used to). Most of us were members for many years (and/or still are), but the more conservative/fundamental/evangelical types over there have been noticing lately some...

leaven...

if you will, creeping in over there. Conservative, strictly-Biblical viewpoints are less and less welcome over there and have even gotten some of the brothers and sisters banned for daring to offend the other, more liberal-minded members with their high-horse antics.

Not saying that R.R. is BAD, mind you. Certainly the place is still very nice, but it has undoubtedly (and naturally, due to its size) become more ecumenical and...and...

Let's just say less right leaning,

than it used to be. :-o

I had commented to my sister Jill a while back that it was more of a 'milk' than a 'meat' crowd lately.

2005/1/27 10:29Profile

Re:

Yep... I had the nerve to offer a less than positive viewpoint concerning where Mel Gibson got the majority of his inspiration for the Passion movie... and I ended getting banned. (this was 9 months ago or so... I tried to work it out with the moderators, and a number of people emailed the moderators on my behalf... but they decided I was too plain spoken for their board)

I also got in trouble for being critical of the movie "Bruce Almighty"... which many thought was a great evangelism tool.

Oh... and I pointed out C.S. Lewis' lean toward the Roman Catholic Church... and was in hot water for that too. Big time.

Even tho I believe with all my heart that I wrote my opinions in a loving matter... to many people you are offensive if you dont agree with their point of view... no matter how you word it.

But all in all... I made many great friends on RR... many of whom are showing up here.

Krispy

2005/1/27 11:37

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy