SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Tribulation marks the trail of a reformer

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
moreofHim

Tribulation marks the trail of a reformer

Thought I'd share this today. I have just come out of a weird place, one that I have never experienced. Tribulation, but not as I've experienced it before. I actually felt as though I was being fought over and fought for (in the spirit realm- or maybe just in the mind :)
-----------------

"None of these things move me" (Acts20:24).

We read in the book of Samuel that the moment that David was crowned at Hebron, "All the Philistines came up to seek David." [b]And the moment we get anything from the Lord worth contending for, then the devil comes to seek us[/b].

(I live in Hebron! :)

When the enemy meets us at the threshold of any great work for God, let us accept it as "a token of salvation," and claim double blessing, victory, and power. [b]Power is developed by resistance[/b]. The cannon carries twice as far because the exploding power has to find its way through resistance. The way electricity is produced in the powerhouse yonder is by the sharp friction of the revolving wheels. [b]And so we shall find some day that even Satan has been one of God's agencies of blessing[/b]. --Days of Heaven upon Earth

No man is greatest victor till he has trodden the winepress of woe. With seams of anguish deep in His brow, the "Man of Sorrows" said, "In the world ye shall have tribulation"--but after this sob comes the psalm of promise, "Be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." The footprints are traceable everywhere. Bloodmarks stain the steps that lead to thrones.

[b]Tribulation has always marked the trail of the true reformer[/b]. It is the story of Paul, Luther, Savonarola, Knox, Wesley, and all the rest of the mighty army. They came through great tribulation to their place of power.

-Taken from Streams In The Desert by Mrs. Charles Cowman

---------------------

If indeed you find yourself amidst many trials and brokeness- rejoice! For God has major plans for you! He has called you to be a reformer, a mover and a shaker in His kingdom. One who will not sit idly by as the rest of Christendom sits in lukewarmness, bowing to other gods and taking God's glory away.

Do you have the guts to go all the way with God? Do I? God will enable me, just as He will enable you.

In Him, Chanin

2005/1/21 10:30Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re: Tribulation marks the trail of a reformer

You know, I have been going through much at work and my brother has been reminding me to be of good cheer for God is doing a great work behind the scenes. I have been reminded many times of God's provision in my own life and this is a source of much comfort. I'm also aware that the enemy knows that God is about to do something big with me and is working to derail that. however I praise God for my trials for they have taught me to RUN to him because I am reminded of my own mortality and weaknesses so I MUST lean on Him more. So although the enemy seeks to destroy me, God is building me up by making use of the very weapons that assault me! Praise GOD!!!

2005/1/21 16:05Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
-Taken from Streams In The Desert by Mrs. Charles Cowman

Chanin, thanks for sharing that... I highly recommend the devotional that chanin just shared with us. Its a day by day topical devotional with nice old quotes from famous christians and much scripture to meditate on. I was blessed a few days by reading it on .. continaunce in prayer. great stuff.

2005/1/21 16:10Profile
moreofHim

Re: tribulation and endurance

Quote:
I'm also aware that the enemy knows that God is about to do something big with me and is working to derail that.

I feel exactly the same way. I have felt this in my spirit for about a month now. Just this invisible battle. I don't know how "big" this thing is that God wants to do with me, but I do know that it is His purpose for me.

The neat thing is that I have been confident that the Lord will win out. I know He has me in His hands and His will will be done through me. The enemy can only get me to question it and make it "appear" as if it might not be so. But he is a liar- and I know that.

As long as we are fully surrendered to Christ, the enemy can do no more than taunt us and try to whisper lies to us.

We are 'Surrendered for His Purpose'- just came to mind. :-)

Also been learning a ton about endurance through this. 'Slow and steady wins the race'. This is a long race that we run and we must be prepared to have perseverance.

In Him, Chanin

2005/1/21 16:59Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy