SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A word from the Moderator on Deleting titles or posts

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

write olev on your body

2012/1/30 21:36
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

roadsign wrote...."Regarding those who delete/change posts or titles that they may have perhaps become embarrassed or regretful about, we want to keep in mind that this material is out for the world to view. True, some may have disrespectful motives. But some may simply do so because they are overly modest. But that may be less dishonorable than some of the “shameless” submissions or titles that squeak by from time to time – that would best be removed for the sake of integrity of the website and the Lord’s name."

Amen. That is one of the main reasons I have changed things in my posts. I did not know it was against the rules but now I know and will be more cautious.

ArtB wrote...."To put this another way, once someone replies to your post with a view that you deem is more noteworthy or accurate than what you wrote, the best etiquette is to correct your own faulty post in a seperate follow up post as a courtesy to those who already responded to your post."

Very good idea. However, our former post will still be there and we will have to live with the fact of others around the world reading our fleshly post and possibly getting stumbled by it. But maybe that is a consequence we need to accept and learn from.

To be honest, if the edit feature is taken away it may discourage me and others from posting anything, knowing that we can't make any corrections and possibly look foolish or cause others to stumble by our "mistakes". But no hard feelings if it's taken :)

2012/1/30 21:37Profile
Onesetfree

Canada

Re:

An idea from other forums I attend. You can edit your post, but after 60 min of something being posted the option is no longer there. This gives the individual an opportunity to edit the post for grammar issues and such.

Another way to allow things is to recommend users go by first name basis and bring pack the avatar options...I for one use my non name but if it helps the site I have no problem with my first name and pic on the forum......this might be a way to stop some stuff....

Just thinking out loud brother......

2012/1/30 21:41Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
ArtB...But if you write something and another poster writes a well thought out response that corrects what you wrote, and then you rewrite your posts because you now know you were in error, such action makes that poster's correction look foolish to other posters who read your edited post and do not know you edited and in what way you edited your views.

Very, very simple fix to that Mr. Art, you do just as I did you, learn to quote, short of a miracle, they won't be changing anything you quote, that they wrote. :)

2012/1/30 21:44Profile

Re:

Quote:
by Onesetfree on 2012/1/30 18:41:30

An idea from other forums I attend. You can edit your post, but after 60 min of something being posted the option is no longer there. This gives the individual an opportunity to edit the post for grammar issues and such.

I've seen this work very well also.

2012/1/30 21:47
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Greg, do as the Lord sees fit. Be blessed in His work through this ministry.

2012/1/30 23:34Profile
nizero

Re: A word from the Moderator on Deleting titles or posts

Brother Greg,

I would recommend looking into alternatives rather then disabling core functionality all together.

A couple suggestions:

1. Timer limitations on complete edits

2. Moderated approved edits / deletes

3. Upgrade to a different type of forum backend that incorporates increased user functionality based on approval ratings.

Blessings on your marriage and continued work on SI!

2012/1/31 2:24Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

You know I have meet and received email addresses or phone numbers through the PM feature, now we no longer have that I feel farther away from my brothers and Sisters here than ever. Example,I went through a terrible, terrible divorce in 09 and I had no one I could talk to, friends/family they were all biased. I needed to consult a Christian for help and Prayer, God led me to one here that had already been through a divorce, and had a lot of things going on in her life, that were now going on in mine, especially with our kids.

I know she remembers, and I am so grateful God led me to her, she was non bias, she gave me much needed information I needed for the days ahead, bottom line she was a God send more than she will ever know. If we all that use this forum for the right/correct reasons and we are being Blessed, I mean really sincerely Blessed as I was, in my opinion Satan hates this and going to stop it at all costs. All I would ask is, Brother Greg I don't know what God is telling anyone but me, if he told you to shut down the PM feature and your are positive you heard him say that by all means you did the right thing. I just find it hard to believe that God would close any doors, to God fearing Christian brothers and sisters that are literally crying out for help, as I was during my divorce.

Thank God at least I was here at the time the door to the PM was open and received some "Godly" help from a very sincere, smart, wonderful lady. Just remember, if you want to keep Satan happy, keep things stirred, and keep us all farther away from each other.
God Bless
Mr. Bill

2012/1/31 11:21Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Thank you for sharing Mr. BillPro. There have been times of struggle for me as well that I miss the PM feature. I am not all that comfortable giving out my email to just anyone so it does tend to make one feel a little more isolated as you said.

God Bless
mary

2012/1/31 11:26Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Mary, the only person I fear is God, no one here should fear giving their personal feedback, if God lead us to post it,I think Brother Greg would agree. You know if were all "Milk Toast" Christians and just go along to get along, this helps nothing, and the forum will never grow in fellowship, it will just become another Facebook format. Yes I am a rebel sort, a rebel for Christ, and when I see things that begin to create division, I will speak up even if it causes me grief, but I feel in the end will create more unity. This is a place "I thought" for learning and fellowship,now part of our personal one on one fellow shipping has been taken away, it's caused division, God does not cause division between Brothers and Sisters, he creates unity. Romans 16:17 Now I urge you, brethren, keep your eye on those who cause dissensions and hindrances contrary to the teaching which you learned, and turn away from them.

2012/1/31 11:43Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy