SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A word from the Moderator on Deleting titles or posts

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: Title?

In my latest return to more posting, I read Greg's rule of "No Title". I used to add my own title, as a flavor to identify my idea, but thought that was now inappropriate. I thought that this would also apply to my replies that had a blank title, so to be in line with Gregs rule;

I left them blank. No title....but I did not delete the title...someone else did....

So, to post....Do I fill in the title?...or leave it blank if found blank?

2012/1/30 18:57
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
In my latest return to more posting, I read Greg's rule of "No Title". I used to add my own title, as a flavor to identify my idea, but thought that was now inappropriate. I thought that this would also apply to my replies that had a blank title, so to be in line with Gregs rule;

Dear Brother, it is just for the intial thread when it starts it should have a title. If the person does not give a title and you are replying to that thread, just make a title for your own reply.

I hope that clarifies things.

2012/1/30 19:07Profile

Re:

Very much; Thank-you Greg.

2012/1/30 19:12
MichaelLiao

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re:

Hey Brother Greg,

I do apologize for what I did today in deleting that post. The reason being was that my friend saw that I posted his name and he did not appreciate it, as it may have appeared to be slanderous to him. God help me to consider every word I write before I post....

In Christ,

- Michael Liao

2012/1/30 19:13Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Dearest brother, this has been an on-going problem and I needed to address it at some point. It is nothing personally directed at you. thanks for understanding.

2012/1/30 19:19Profile
roadsign

Re:

Just a few thoughts:

The downside of having no edit option is the deterioration in quality of our postings. Without the formatting options anymore, it is especially important that we can view our posts online and see if we need to insert spacing or adjust layout for clarity. It benefits all if our posts are as clear as can be – even if it means tweaking after “submit”. I don’t think this need necessarily be inconsiderate.

Regarding those who delete/change posts or titles that they may have perhaps become embarrassed or regretful about, we want to keep in mind that this material is out for the world to view. True, some may have disrespectful motives. But some may simply do so because they are overly modest. But that may be less dishonorable than some of the “shameless” submissions or titles that squeak by from time to time – that would best be removed for the sake of integrity of the website and the Lord’s name.

Just my two cents….

Diane

2012/1/30 19:31Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re: A word from the Moderator on Deleting titles or posts

Just an opinion dear brother, but I've noticed an increasing tendency over the years for there to be less and less charity in what one can do on this forum. Lot's of things have been taken away. But few things have been added that actually add to and increase the value of the forums. And whenever a few abuse this forum, it seems like the majority are being punished when valuable tools are taken away. You can only police the forums so much.

2012/1/30 20:36Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Dear Brother,

In taking away alot of the functionality on the forums was an intial desire in my heart over 4-5 years ago but the technical abilities to do so were not there. So I felt I needed to make due with what is there. One big burden is that the quality of writing in the forum posts would set this forum out against others in the internet and not degrade the other content of the site (namely the classical preaching) but rather add to it as a living testimony to the Spirits work in many saints lives.

My belief is this still is happening and can continue as a testimony of Jesus Christ to the world. Truly the forums are what each individual wants to make of it. May we all be found communicating in a way that glorifies our saviour.

My goal in making any changes was to be led of the Spirit, to make the forums as simple as possible to achieve their purpose, and to keep people centered on discussing biblical sober topics that would have an eternal impact in the readers.

Thank you for your continued prayers that myself and the other moderators can humbly serve the people on these forums to the best of the ability of christ in us.

2012/1/30 20:41Profile
ArtB

New York

Re:

C'mon guys, no kneed to change yur posts cause ya didint get the gramma or spelleng rite, yule stil be understood, if u can reed this, than perfekshun ain't necessary.

But if you write something and another poster writes a well thought out response that corrects what you wrote, and then you rewrite your posts because you now know you were in error, such action makes that poster's correction look foolish to other posters who read your edited post and do not know you edited and in what way you edited your views.

To put this another way, once someone replies to your post with a view that you deem is more noteworthy or accurate than what you wrote, the best etiquette is to correct your own faulty post in a seperate follow up post as a courtesy to those who already responded to your post.

And, of course, I am not posting this to anyone in particular, but just about about proper etiquette.

2012/1/30 21:18Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Brother Greg, just a thought, have you ever given it any thought about how many personal salvation's you "might" be losing here due to just taking away the PM feature? It's deeper, I'm sure there are a lot of folks that might come here, that may not want to talk about their past to the whole world, where if one of us were able to minister to this person through a PM "we might" through Jesus Christ get them to ask the Lord into their life. I personally was ministered/witnessed to by a Sheriff buddy of mine one day in his patrol car. I said the sinners Prayer and accepted Jesus Christ in my life right there, and he gave me a small Bible, he come by the following Sunday and picked me up and took me to Church with him, and I was hooked for life. Message here is, I never felt comfortable doing this in a crowd. There are a lot of folks that need to have someone hold their hand, and take baby steps with them, to be brought to Christ. I felt led to write this, so I did.
Thanks
Brother Bill

2012/1/30 21:35Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy