SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Art katz

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
cliftom

Art katz

Does Brother Katz believe that christians should not work? I'm trying to get a hold of his theology; whatever it is, it's powerful and should be heard. He's deffinately a voice crying out in the wilderness.

2005/1/21 0:59Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Art katz

Hi Brother,

Not sure where that came from, most certainly would he not advocate Christians ceasing from working.

And without a doubt he is unique in his heart felt expression. Have been truely blessed and challenged by him, further pushing into the depths of the Lord.

Have you been to his site?
www.benisrael.org
You can read practically all his books there freely, as well as many articles.

2005/1/21 1:07Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re: Art katz

Quote:

cliftom wrote:
Does Brother Katz believe that christians should not work?

Went Art came to Australia last year, he asked me what I did for a living. I told him that I was a sales rep, and struggled with the kind of issues that are raised when working in an industry that is driven by marketing (ie, deceit). Art replied to me, "Does it provide for your family? Then what's so bad about it?"

Since he said that, I started to consider how God could be glorified by keeping me in the midst of such corruption. Kind of reminds me of Daniel amongst the magicians.

So no, Art isn't against working, but as a retiree, it's understandable that he wouldn't be in employment.

2006/8/21 9:22Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

I'm wondering with Katz's use of the likes of Bonhoeffer, Barth, von Rad, and many other rather liberal german theologians if Katz perhaps would fall into the neo-orthodox camp? Or does he just take what's good from them, and spit out the bones?

2006/8/21 10:37Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy