SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : How God Guides

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

How God Guides

Very Good message, by R. A. Torrey -

"Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand.
You guide me with your counsel, and afterward
you will take me into glory."
Psalm 73:23-24

There are no promises in God's Word more precious to the man who wishes to do His will, and who realizes the goodness of His will, than the promises of God's guidance. What a cheering, gladdening, inspiring thought is that contained in the text, that we may have the guidance of infinite wisdom and love at every turn of life and that we have it to the end of our earthly pilgrimage.

There are few more precious words in the whole Book of Psalms, which is one of the most precious of all the books of the Bible, than these: "You hold me by my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory." How the thoughtful and believing and obedient heart burns as it reads these wonderful words of the text! I wish we had time to dwell on the characteristics of God's guidance as they are set forth in so many places in the Word of God, but we must turn at once to consideration of the means God uses in guiding us.

continued -

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/articles/index.php?view=article&aid=2003

2012/1/28 6:52
browny

Re: How God Guides

Thank you Jesus-is-GOD !!!
Answer to my prayer reading this...

I remember you in my prayers dear sister,
Shalom,
browny

2012/1/28 7:15Profile
mama27

Re:

Thank you JiG! These are not new thoughts to me, but something that I needed refreshing on....thank you for posting!

2012/1/28 9:02Profile

Re:

I love Torrey. His teachings were always so clear and understandable to anyone.

I could relate to this article. The part about GOD leading us where we don't want to go - as in, unpleasant places as well, because I miss my town, Pastor & his wife & Church back down south, even though I found one here - so far.
This place just doesn't feel like home at all - but I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that moving here was His will and so does everyone else involved in my life.
Can relate to GOD's call to those we read of in the Word that had to go where they didn't want to go.
Looking forward to seeing Everyone I've ever known when we all see Him, more than life - that's for sure.

Bless you both, Much and Thank you both for your prayers. You have mine as well, continuously.

Shalom indeed!

2012/1/28 9:51

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy