SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Dawkins gloats over evolutionary dogma in schools.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Dawkins gloats over evolutionary dogma in schools.

I have been blessed by several articles written by several contributors to creation.com and have sort permission from the moderators to post same,in accordance with copyright restrictions only an introduction to articles will be possible and the interested reader will have to follow the link to read further.

by Dominic Statham and Philip Bell

Published: 21 January 2012(GMT+10)

Richard Dawkins at the 34th annual conference of American atheists, 2008.
Photo: Mike Cornwell, Wikipedia
Richard Dawkins and the British Humanist Association (BHA) are celebrating this week.1 Following the launch of their ‘Teach Evolution, not Creationism‘ campaign in September last year, the UK’s Department of Education has revised the regulations relating to teaching about origins in government funded schools. Those ‘free schools’2 that teach creation or intelligent design (ID) in science lessons will, from now on, have their financial support withdrawn.

Despite the media furore, however, this comes as no surprise (see Timeline below). Shortly before becoming the UK’s Secretary of State for Education, Michael Gove made the following statement on the BBC’s Andrew Marr Show:

“Well, to my mind, you cannot have a school which teaches creationism. And one thing that we will make absolutely clear is that you cannot have schools which are set up which teach people things which are clearly at variance with what we know to be scientific fact.”3
What is particularly sad about these kinds of statements is that what is understood to be ‘scientific fact’ is, in fact, nothing more than thinly disguised philosophical naturalism (aka atheism).4

The recent refusal of the BHA’s president Polly Toynbee and its vice-president Richard Dawkins to debate William Lane Craig, a leading Christian apologist, must raise questions in people’s minds about the soundness of their arguments.

Secularism not science
The BHA exists, primarily, to further the cause of secularism. They want to forge a new society where the thinking and values of previous generations, guided by Christianity and the Bible, are forgotten. Our morality and laws, they claim, should not be based on such religious myths; rather, they say, we should remodel our society based on more ‘rational’, secular ideas. Moreover, they know that if they can persuade people that science supports their position, they will have won a great victory. Particularly, if they can convince people that their existence can be explained entirely by natural processes—indeed, that no creator was necessary—they will have delivered a coup de grâce against those who work so hard to preserve our society’s Christian roots. And what better place to start than with vulnerable school children who know no better? Writing in The Humanist John Dunphy argued,

“I am convinced that the battle for humankind’s future must be waged and won in the [school] classroom by teachers who correctly perceive their role as the proselytizers of a new faith: a religion of humanity that recognizes and respects the spark of what theologians call divinity in every human being. These teachers must embody the same selfless dedication as the most rabid fundamentalist preachers, for they will be ministers of another sort, utilizing a classroom instead of a pulpit to convey humanist values in whatever subject they teach, regardless of the educational level—preschool day care or large state university. The classroom must and will become an arena of conflict between the old and the new—the rotting corpse of Christianity, together with all its adjacent evils and misery, and the new faith of humanism …

It will undoubtedly be a long, arduous, painful struggle replete with much sorrow and many tears, but humanism will emerge triumphant. It must if the family of humankind is to survive.”5

Continued at http://creation.com/dawkins-bha-schools-creation

2012/1/27 18:40

Re: Dawkins gloats over evolutionary dogma in schools.

pray that this minion of the devil sees the damnation waiting and TURNS to Christ.

2012/1/27 21:17

Re: Hezwelling

I am well aware the Dawkins aka the Apostle of Atheism is working for the darkside and will be head speaker in my conntry at Atheists World Convention in Melbourne later this year,this post was not to promote Dawkins.
It is sad you took the time to place a comment and didn't address the subject of the article.
Our children and in my case grandchildren are being fed the evolution lie just about everywhere you turn,but well qualified men and women in various fields of science are getting out the creation message and they too need prayer.

2012/1/28 1:06
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Re:

Quote:
churinga wrote:
I am well aware the Dawkins aka the Apostle of Atheism is working for the darkside and will be head speaker in my conntry at Atheists World Convention in Melbourne later this year,this post was not to promote Dawkins.
It is sad you took the time to place a comment and didn't address the subject of the article.

It’s rare for someone to be so brazen and bold toward another poster with only 13 posts under their belt. I am wondering who you were in a previous life here on SI. No worries, it’ll come to me or somebody on here!!

God bless,
Lisa

2012/1/28 5:27Profile

churinga

Quote:

i wrote a lot more, and it was written towards this man in spirit of condemnation, therefore i deleted it, because that is the wrong spirit in which to testify and make public proclaimations, or in this case ..condemnation.

i have zero interest in making you happy, or tickling the ears of anyone, my only interest is to serve God and Him alone.

i will tell you this though, the world is full of unclean things, unclean spirits, the darkness gathers, in the public square, in the rubric of life, and we can sit here ALL DAY LONG on an internet chat forum, and tear each other apart, or rebuke other sons and daughters of God, but i say to you and everyone, who endeavours in such unprofitable exercises, get off your hindquarters, and do SOMETHING....and i am the most guilty of ALL in this unprofitably before God and Messiah Jesus, but i been wrestling with God before dawn, and BEGGED Him, to reawake, reaanoint me with New Purpose, His Heart.

when i say do something, it is as simple as being DRIVEN to our knees, and ask God in all humility, to begin the Revival with me...personal revival....who shall ascend the Hill of the Lord?...he who has clean hands and a pure heart, and as long as i am NOT living as holy as a saved sinner can be, its just so much humbug, to go out and preach that the Kingdom of Heaven is near.

beloved unknown from Australia, this was not written in a harsh voice, or rebuke...just so you know.

God has impressed upon my heart, as long as the followers of Jesus, His Son, our Savior, continue to muck about with politics, and culture wars, and all those other dark and dim diversions, fleshly things, we will continue to be limp impotent and USELESS. we should resolve to know One Thing, and That is Christ and Him Crucified, period, end of story.

i dont even WANT to hear from humans anymore, i want to hear from God the Holy Ghost, i am God hungry, i am famished and starving...God is Faithful, and He WILL answer those who hunger and thirst for Him, THAT is What i lean on...Jesus.

btw, i love you, both in my love and His Love, so dont be cross with me, neil

2012/1/28 11:09
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Dawkins gloats over evolutionary dogma in schools.

This is just another example of how the devil is working overtime to discredit the God of the Universe.

I read how this conference will not allow "William Lane Craig, a leading Christian apologist," to speak. I do have a question about Christians' expectations of convincing atheists about the absurdity of their beliefs in a context such as this. Too many times these debaters end up looking foolish.

I have heard debates between abortionist and ardent pro-lifers; Bob Harrington used to debate Madelyn Murray O'Hare. Personally, as I listen, see the videos of these debates, something does not sit well in my spirit. I just wish these [so-called] Christians people would have stayed home.

Does Romans 1:29 (Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers) apply here or in similar situations? EDITED.

My understanding...

2012/1/28 11:26Profile

Re: ginnyrose

Thank you for your response,debating Atheists is as you say non productive,and even though they say that they are the champions of freethinking such simply isn't true.
Debates with atheists from personal experience never work,a simply testimony can very often be the correct approach and then move on.There has been an advertisement for the Atheist Convention running on the Sermonindex homepage here in Australia.(see below)

• Global Atheist Convention
Melbourne, 13-15 April, 2012 Dawkins, Dennett & Harris!
www.atheistconvention.org.au

The devil as you say certainly is working overtime.

2012/1/28 14:45

Re: churinga

I pray that your desire to draw near to God will be accomplished,i can assure you Neil at my age getting cross with anyone simply doesn/t happen.

2012/1/28 14:57

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy