Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Global Report: Persecution Increases

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Lysa

East TN for now!

Global Report: Persecution Increases

GLOBAL REPORT: PERSECUTION INCREASES

Intolerance toward Christians continued to grow in 2011, according to year-end assessments by human-rights and Christian organizations. In particular, acts of violence against Christians during the holidays increased drastically.

Stonegate Institute, a nonprofit organization that researches human rights issues, cited recent Nigerian church bombings — in which the Islamic extremist group Boko Haram killed more than 40 people attending a Christmas service — as an obvious example of intensifying violence. And in Iran, the State Security centers of the Islamic Republic ordered local churches to cancel Christmas and New Year’s celebrations. Churches in Egypt, Malaysia and Pakistan also closed during the holidays to avoid attacks.

“Around the Muslim world, Christmas time for Christians [was] a time of increased threats, harassment and fear, which is not surprising, considering that some Muslim clerics maintain that saying ‘Merry Christmas’ is worse than fornication or killing someone,” wrote Raymond Ibrahim of Stonegate Institute.

In Indonesia, incidents of Christian persecution nearly doubled in 2011, and an Islamic extremist group is threatening to have five churches demolished because they don’t have permits, according to Compass Direct News. In Ethiopia, a group of 500 Muslims burned down a church, also citing the church’s lack of a permit. The church had existed there for 60 years on land owned by Christians.

In countries like Egypt, Iraq, Malaysia, the Philippines and Saudi Arabia, Christians are often viewed as second-class citizens. Persecution in these countries is commonly manifested through the sexual abuse of Christian women; forced conversions to Islam; unjust enforcement of apostasy and blasphemy laws; the theft of Christians’ property and the plunder and burning of their homes; and physical attacks and murder.

Despite the growth of Islamic extremism around the world, evangelicalism has surged in an unlikely place — Afghanistan. As a country with one of the lowest percentages of evangelicals, with an estimated 500 to 8,000 Christians, Afghanistan now has the second fastest growing evangelical population in the world, according to Operation World and WORLD Magazine.

Nearly all instances of persecution in 2011 were connected by one thing, according to Stonegate’s Ibrahim — “Islam, whether the strict application of Islamic Sharia law or the supremacist culture born of it.”

Sources: Stonegate Institute, Operation World, WORLD Magazine

2012/1/27 13:03Profile

Re: Global Report: Persecution Increases

Indeed the report is correct and persecution will continue to increase. As we rush toward the time when Jesus Christ returns to wrap history up on this planet the devil will ratch up persecution to a like that the world has never seen. There will be a time when the followers of Jesus will be hunted down like dogs and killed. Sorry SI if I offend your religious sensibilities but this is the reality of the persecuted church. And what is happening in Eritrea and N. Korea will happen here. Yes I know you don't want to hear this. It is far safer to argue correct doctrine then to prepare for upcoming persecution.

Let me ask what do you think will sustain you in a FEMA death camp. Is it going to be correct doctrine or faith in Jesus. Remember Jesus said that if they persecuted me they will persecute you. The followers of Jesus will be persecuted even in this land. Look up from your key boards for persecution is coming. The question is will you be ready for it. But you know something. I imagine even in prison some of you will still be arguing doctrine right out to the guillotine or firing squad. Makes me wonder.

Blaine Scogin

2012/1/27 14:54
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Global Report: Persecution Increases

Martyr,

You are not offending me at all, some believe that Jesus will return before any of this happens although I’m inclined to believe that the pre-trib camp and doctrine are playing a fast game of catch up due to the many things that have happened in the last four years that they didn’t think would happen while they were still on earth. But I digress!!

Jesus is going to keep me where ever I might wind-up, brother! Persecution of Christians AND Jews will wash up on the shores of America before any resurrection occurs; of that I’m fairly confident.

God bless you,
Lisa

2012/1/27 18:14Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy