Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Grieved by the state of the world

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
ThyKingCome

Southern CA

Re:

Hi brother, thank you for sharing your heart with us. God shares His burdened heart with those who fear Him. "The secret of the Lord is with those who fear Him." Just like God burdened the hearts of Nehemiah, Ezra & Daniel so that they would fast and pray for their people and generation He does so now to his listening servants.

Nehemiah fasted and wept over the plight of his people, and then God moved him to action by giving him vision for the work and favor and blessing of the king. He gathered men of like-mind and went to repairing the wall, and the rest caught on.

I would encourage you to gather together with small group of like-minded believers who share in these burdens with you and begin praying and interceding as the Spirit leads. The Lord burdens us in these ways so that we will cast them back onto Him in intercessory prayer. God accomplishes His purposes by bringing His heart into the hearts of men so that they will pray and call on God to move. Cast your burden on the Lord and He will sustain you.

If I can quote David Wilkerson, God's first move is giving anguish to his praying people.

God bless you dear brother.

2012/1/26 16:49Profile

Re:

Hi Dlight, first of all I am deeply encouraged by your post. I know that sounds strange, but considering your age, it does my heart good to know that young Christians of your age are feeling these things. I would encourage you to read Eze 9,10,11. Notice that when the angels come to judge Jerusalem, that there is one angel with an inkhorn and he markes the heads of those who weep and mourn for the state of Israel. God has His people sister, and they weep and mourn for the state of the world and the state of the church. Now learn how to have these thoughts but also have the glory of the Lord and His presence burn in you and walk in the joy of the Lord. There is joy and peace and strength in Him, while at the same time anguish over the state of the world and church, in this there is balance. God bless you........bro Frank

2012/1/26 17:01

Re:

Surely anyone can see that the stage is set. Hopelessness is all around us, why? I just can't help but ask why; There's a church in every town, almost the whole world prays to God and lord.

But the wickedness doesn't seem to stop. What are we doing wrong? Is it possible that our prayers are not being answered?

Is it possible that we've inherited a bunch of false doctrines from our ancestors that's sending us to our destruction? Revelation 12:9 tells us that satan has deceived the whole world; if that is so, then what are we being deceived of?

Ah, sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity, offspring of evildoers, children who deal corruptly! They have forsaken Yahweh, they have despised the Holy One of Israel, they are utterly estranged.Isaiah 1:4

Sounds like us. What is the scriptural definition of "Iniquity" I still think we can turn this ship around if we start obeying what Yahweh has commanded not man.

2012/1/26 17:42
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Quote:
I still think we can turn this ship around if we start obeying what Yahweh has commanded not man.

Not true. There is no way to stop what is already written. It will not get better until Jesus comes back and sits on His throne.

Man cannot do anything to turn this thing around. It has already been written, the battle has already been fought, Jesus IS victorious! Come Lord Jesus!

2012/1/26 17:53Profile

Re: theEphah

Your mention of false doctrines rings true.
The easy believism in conjunction with the sinners prayer has resulted in local churches being taken over by unbelievers,the evidence is everywhere.
Too many Churches are more akin to country clubs,seeker friendly Mega Churches have stolen so many from mainline churches that the solution has been compromise to stop the outflow,not only in the USA but worldwide.
Aside from maybe church attendance and bible study what distinctives do todays professing christians possess to distinguish them from the rest of the world?

2012/1/26 18:08
dvndsn

Kentucky

Re: Grieved by the state of the world

Brother, I too am 21, and probably once every two weeks or so I get to the state you are in. I think a lot about the way my old friends act now. The things they do are so far off base I do not even want to think about it. In the darkness of all this however, we must still press on. When a disaster happens thousands of miles a way and there is physically nothing Christians can do, we can resort to prayer. Pray for your leaders, pray for your enemies (good things), pray for your non believing family! Pray about the degenerate Godly families. Certainly not every church is perfect, pray for yours. I am almost certain God led me to this website tonight. As you can see this will be my 4th post since August (I was a member before that but forgot my username). Like you I am also reading in Jeremiah! (Chapter 12) I love you brother. Be safe in your travels, and do not fear the world. Romans 12:2 says do not be conformed to it brother, adhere to that principle, and you will overcome your feelings.

2012/1/26 18:41Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy