SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Should we pray for the fear of God?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
hoohoou

Texas

Re: Should we pray for the fear of God?

God will use all kinds of different things to cause people to "get it". For me it was understanding reconciliation. I'd heard that word my entire life but reading it in Romans one day I stopped to meditate on it a minute. I started thinking that to be reconciled you would have had to have known the person before. Since we're reconciled at salvation when have we known God? The only answer I could come up with was before the fall of man.

Upon salvation we are reconciled to a time before we even sinned. I began to remember the stories of the Old Testament when the Creator created our world, spoke with Adam, confused the language of people, parted the Red Sea and many other things. All of a sudden I was no longer praying to a god in heaven. I was praying to the Almighty God who was with me, listening and acting. A BIG God who chose to be merciful and patient with me.

That change in thinking shortened my prayers (why repeat myself over and over to God. He heard me the first time.), made me choose my prayers more carefully (I could see the frivolous nature of so many former prayers)and gave me a sense of awe when speaking to God. He is so much closer than we often realize.

I admit that I do have an inner shutter at times when praying. He's God and He's listening.

2012/1/30 12:42Profile
timg

Re:

I am so encouraged by your testimonies and responses. Thankyour for taking the time to write and give God glory through your experiences.
Shree, I can relate to you when you said that you were so frustraited that you ready to give up. I have prayed very similar prayers, but have always come back to the realization that I can not quit my walk with Him no matter how frustrated I am with my inconsitent walk. Actually it is consistent. Up and down!
Outside of people on this website and the testimonies I have listened to here, there is no one that I know who is living a victorious christian life.
It seems that I am surrounded by people who are satisfied with living an up and down average christian walk, not because they want to, but becauase they think that is the only option.
I don't believe that to be true. I want to be able to speak from experience too.
Reading the verses and testimonies of my brothers and sisters in Christ is increasing my faith and assurance that the victorious walk is for all of us not just a few.
Please pray for me that I will "get it" too.
Humbily,
Your brother in Christ

2012/1/31 10:26Profile
Sree

Re:

Quote:

It seems that I am surrounded by people who are satisfied with living an up and down average christian walk, not because they want to, but becauase they think that is the only option.

This is true, more than 90% of Christians are deceived and do not inherit the full promise of God because of their unbelief and self satisfactory nature. I don't know whether I can be called a victorious man either but I know I am called by God to be one and I will be one as long as my mind is set on the needs of SPIRIT.
The Spirit of God is working in us, we just need to workout with him (cooperate).

In Atlanta we (Atlanta CFC) is organizing a conference by Brother Zac Poonen on living a victorious life. You can see more info on http://www.atlantacfc.org. We will soon update on the webcast links. I believe it will help us both.

2012/1/31 10:42Profile
timg

Re:

I just saw that Brother Zac is going to Atlanta. I will make every attempt to be there.

2012/1/31 10:57Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy