SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : O.S.A.S or Eternal Security

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

O.S.A.S or Eternal Security

I am new here and as such not aware of all topics that have been raised.
This matter came up for discussion elsewhere under the question of whether one could lose their salvation,and the main thrust of those that do believe in OSAS was any serious sin being carried out by a professing Christian would be proof of not being saved which to me is a huge call considering past experience from a personal basis and recovery.

2012/1/25 14:18
pilgrim777

Re: O.S.A.S or Eternal Security

Do you mean lose it like you misplaced your wallet?

What do you mean by "lose it"?

Can you figure out another way to say what you mean?

Do you mean, we have free choice to harden our heart and spurn the Lord by loving the flesh more than the cross?

Do you mean, "not your will but my will be done, Lord"?

Do you mean, "Suffering for Jesus is too hard, temptations are too great and I love the world more than God"?

Do you get the idea?

"Lose your salvation" just is not clear to me.

Can you be more specific and say what you mean? You must have something in your mind that you are after.

Pilgrim

2012/1/25 14:59Profile

Re: pilgrim777

“For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

For the earth which brings in the rain that often comes upon it, and bears herbs useful for those by whom it is cultivated, receives blessing from God; but if it bears thorns and briers, it is rejected and near to being cursed, whose end is to be burned.” (Hebrews 6:4-8)

2012/1/25 15:33
jimp

Re:

hi churinga and welcome, this topic is one that this site frowns upon for it has been argued for centuries and generates strife and discord and never comes to the truth. only prima dogma and i hold the whole truth on this and all the other doctrinal problem areas and we refuse to participate in rancor.jimp(pope of baton rouge)

2012/1/25 15:44Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

And Churlingo,

I have no intention of talking about it. I just wanted you to come clean with what you were really getting at.

I can see from your verses that you already had your answer. So now it is curious as to why you were asking.

Jimp is right and I would take his advice.

2012/1/25 15:58Profile

Re:

This is two "controversial" subjects by the same "newbie" in the same day in the "welcome & intro" section.

You really know how to make an introduction! :-)

Krispy

2012/1/25 16:07
savannah

Re: ...things that accompany salvation...

churinga,

you didn't go far enough...you only went up to verse 8...you forgot to include verse 9

But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak. Hebrews 6:9

2012/1/25 19:58Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Personally, I find the topic rather boring. It has little practical merit. I just want to encourage everybody to fall in love with Jesus, follow Him with all their hearts, and know Him the rest of their lives. If they are interested in doing something else, then, we aren't going to be walking together very long.

2012/1/25 20:00Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

And as a side note, I personally find it odd that those who believe the doctrine of eternal security are often the most insecure people you'd ever meet when it comes to their personal salvation. The proof? Regular sermons about having personal assurance of your salvation, and people getting bent out of shape over the idea of their salvation in anyway being questioned. I mean, if you are really saved... why do you have to constantly convince yourself of this fact?

I'm personally Arminian in my theology. I believe one can lose their salvation. But in spite of such a belief, there have been very few times in my 13 years as a Christian that I have doubted my personal salvation. And it is not because I'm convinced I'm so good or any such thing, rather, it is an understanding of what Jesus Christ accomplished on the cross. My security is in Him.

2012/1/25 20:09Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

Why would any true Believer want to know how much sin they could get away with?

That is not even the mind of Christ.

I believe in the insecurity of the unbeliever.

Pilgrim

2012/1/25 22:54Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy