Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Richard Roberts alleged DUI

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Richard Roberts alleged DUI

Just saw the story. It reminded me of a verse.

For the enemy roams to and fro throughout the earth as a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour.

None of us are immune to the temptations and attacks of the enemy. We all need to seek to put in place around us a group of solid and committed brothers and sisters with whom we can enter an intimate and open relationship. We need to speak into the lives of one another and hold one another up.

We should pray for this brother that he be restored.

2012/1/25 10:06Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re: Richard Roberts alleged DUI

I saw this on CNN at work recently and I wondered if it was Richard Roberts. The human side of me wants to point the finger but I crucified those thoughts. Not sure what is going on with Richard but I bet he must be going through alot of issues within himself and doesn't know where to turn?

I have often wondered if I ever got so depressed would I ever turn to alcohol or some other alternative to deal with it? I don't care for the taste of alcohol. I can drink a wine cooler but it takes a while. I will take a sip of sangria, if my wife orders one, but that is it. Seeing drunk people is what helps me stay away from the whole alcohol thing.

2012/1/25 11:18Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

I wonder if sometimes the Lord allows these things to happen. "after all he is still in control" so that we "Christians" might see were all still fallible, and we should not beat ourselves up when we sin, but when we sin come to him. I personally don't know what happened with Richard Roberts, but no one on earth is immune to sin,and sometimes when folks are struggling with sin, it might take something like this to help them turn them around. Just a few thoughts.

2012/1/25 11:46Profile
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re:

Yes, if it is Richard Owen Roberts, and these allegations are true, do pray for the man and support the brother in all ways of meekness and the love of God as the Spirit leads.

2012/1/25 12:04Profile

Re:

Generally speaking people do not get arrested for DUI the first time they ever drink an alcoholic drink. This could be a sign that he really has a problem, and we should pray for him. Even tho it's always hard when we get exposed, we should be thankful because God exposes us in order to make us more like Him and force us to deal with sin in our lives.

Let him who is without sin cast the first stone...

Krispy

2012/1/25 12:38
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi Yeshuasboy,

This isn't the same person.

http://tinyurl.com/richardrobertsarrest

The "Richard Roberts" who was arrested for DUI is the son of deceased TV healing/prosperity evangelist Oral Roberts and founder of the defunct "City of Faith." This "Richard Roberts" is the former president of Oral Roberts University and currently hosts a TV show called "The Place for Miracles: Your Hour of Healing."

This person is not related to (or affiliated with) "Richard Owens Robert."

2012/1/25 12:43Profile
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re:

Thank God for that.
May the Lord help this other man come to true brokenness of spirit that the Lord may fill him.
Thank you Chris for correcting my thoughts.

2012/1/25 13:08Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
Even tho it's always hard when we get exposed, we should be thankful because God exposes us in order to make us more like Him and force us to deal with sin in our lives.

Let him who is without sin cast the first stone...

Krispy

Amen Brother! Preach on!

2012/1/25 13:11Profile
sonsigns

Brumley Missouri

Re: Richard Roberts alleged DUI

Dear twaynebar,

It is sad to hear about Richard Roberts, this adds another stripe upon Christ's back and could cause some to fall away from the Faith.

The word of God warns us as well as equips the body of Christ against the attacks of the enemy. For this reason more than ever, it is so important that we as individuals in the body of Christ, to seek God and his Kingdom and grow in his grace.

You are right on target when you quoted

"For the enemy roams to and fro throughout the earth as a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour".

We need to remember the fight isn't ours it is Christ's alone.

The devil wants to kill, steal and destroy the Body of Christ and really all of man kind which is Gods creation. Sin is sin and our enemy will flaunt our sins in front of the world, if he thinks it will bruise Jesus's heal.

I have personally felt in my spirit, now more than ever, that there is a move of God, happening right now, you and everyone reading this reply, might have felt it as well. A move that requires more of an individual effort and commitment Because of fearing the Lord and holiness is such a big part of this movement.

Jesus said in Luke 12:48, "For unto whomsoever much is given, of him (her, or them) shall much be required", Italics mine.

God is going to require much, much more, of the body of Christ, in these last days. We aren't going to be able to move in the gifts of the spirit and then go out and live like the world. No Way! It is only fitting that Judgement starts in the house of the Lord, firstly.Amen

2012/1/26 0:12Profile
sonofthunder

Son Of Thunder i come from a land down under, due south at the bottom of your work globes

Re:

Drinking for the full effect of it - and alcoholism. Getting drunk is what the scriptures highly condemn. ie no drunkard shall inherit the kingdom. Remember dui can mean just a few drinks. you dont have to be necessarily drunk to exceed the limit ...just deemed unfit to drive. Not condoning anything though. Just a few thngs to consider also -

2012/1/26 3:00Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy