SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : You ride upon Chariots of Fire

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

You ride upon Chariots of Fire

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day. (Gen 1:2-5)

Before I met you Lord Jesus I was covered by darkness and there was a great void in my heart. My life was chaotic and without meaning. Then the light of Christ shone into my heart and the darkness fled and I was filled with your glory. (John 17:22) The darkness had gone and a brand new day had begun and it was good. Then God said ” Let there be lights in the heavens.” And I looked at the night sky with eyes full of light and the Holy Spirit whispered in my ear “The heavens declare the glory of God.” (Psalm 19) In the darkness of the night I saw that there were billions of stars and the Holy Spirit whispered in my ear ” Lift up you eyes on high and see who has created theses things.” (Isa 40:26) And I was astonished that He knew them all by name. And then He whispered ” Have you not known, have you not heard, has it not been told to you from the beginning …………..it is I who sits above the circle of the earth…………..it is I who stretches out the heavens……………it is I who brings the princes to nothing……..to whom then shall you liken me………………………….

GLORIOUS MAJESTY

Hope and majesty surround you
You are covered by impenetrable light
You stretch out the heavens like a curtain
And you separate the day from the night

You ride upon chariots of fire
On the clouds that cover the sky
You walk upon the wings of the wind
We exalt you oh Lord on high

The seas flee away at your presence
And the mountains fall down at your feet
The valley’s they dance to see such things
And your enemies all suffer defeat

The birds all sing in the branches
Of the God who feeds them each day
The lions are fed and the mountain goats leap
The great fish of the deep they do play

The moon lights up the sky at night
And by day the sun warms the earth
You hold these things in the palm of your hand
And all these things you preserve

Hide your face and the whole world is troubled
Hold your breath and we crumble and die
Look away and the world falls to pieces
We are lost without our Lord on high

I will sing to the Lord as long as I live
I’ll tell the story, not the half but the whole
Of my glorious Father in heaven above
Bless the Lord oh my soul

2012/1/24 19:48
staff

Re: You ride upon Chariots of Fire

Hi Appolus,Thanks for writing that.Last week at some stage I looked out from my car and looked at the beauty of creation.My thought was that if I had nothing else to go by I can see Gods beauty by what he created.
Gods creation is a manuscript in itself,we dont need to have a phd to read it.Praise God for his majesty.

I came accross this old hymn I think you might like it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anhPfU3WGXk
great post
Staff

2012/1/24 20:33Profile
Leeza

Thank you for sharing this! what a great example of a modern psalm, we are to speak to each other this way.

2012/1/24 20:51Profile

Re:

Amen staff!! And Leeza, the inspiration for this poem was psalm 104. At the Lords direction, I have been writing a peom for every Psalm, I am at 105 :) ........ bro Frank

2012/1/25 9:36
UntoBabes

Oregon

Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary?

Isaiah 40 and psalm 104 are some of my most beloved Scriptures.

I especially like the reading of Isaiah 40 in this movie.

http://youtu.be/OlRfyjPWAMc

2012/1/25 13:34Profile

Re:

Great clip untobabes, I Isaiah 40 is also one of my favorite Scriptures........bro Frank

2012/1/25 16:25

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy