SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Christianity is NOT a Belief-system. Christianity is Christ

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
Blayne

Re: Christianity is NOT a Belief-system. Christianity is Christ

Hi! 'Pilgrim777"

Ummm, I've been re-thinking my earlier expressed opinion about the article titled, "Christianity is NOT a Belief-system. Christianity is Christ".

Well, how 'bout I first extend my sincerest apology first.
Yuh see? I can be impetuous and impatient sometimes and easily disappointed. (Haven't yuh noticed?)
I was reading the Thread with such high expectations; not yer fault. And, my expectations became dashed and I unfairly verbalized that to you. I dunno what I was anticipating to read after the title, but whatever it was, it wasn't what I was expecting.
So, I'm sorry 'bout that. It isn't yer blame. OK?

I was introduced to Fowler's writings by you sometime ago, remember? He had some very insightful things to say and I very much appreciated your help in my discovering his Site.
But I guess I shouldn't allow myself to be expecting to read something stupendous merely because of the intriguing title. :)

Today I was thinking about something that I learned about my physician. I met one of his patients and we had a lengthy talk while waiting for the transit train to return to our homes. I began to realize that patients can perceive their physicians so very differently. While I perceived him to be rather aloof, but nonetheless efficient and thorough, his other patient perceived him as kind and a gentle listener.
I learned that the other patient was visiting the physician for problems quite different than my own and that's why he perceived the services he received in stark contrast to mine.
The same applies to each of us concerning our Gospel. We can all have hugely different opinions and perceptions about it because of our different and varying needs having to be met.

I think I would do well to keep that in the forefront of my mind while visiting SermonIndex.

2012/7/21 14:18Profile
bakary

GAMBIA, WEST AFRICA

Re:

God bless you blayne for those taughts it is not a waste as far as am concern. am bless. Yet the glorified Christ is the Christ we have in us , glad you bring forth about the diciples following him for three years without Having him within but when they get Him within they had the risen glorified Christ. the Christ in us is not a dead lifeless "Christ " . He is living and above all powers. He is the resin gloried Christ. So we cannot have Him within without having the glorify CHRIST. And I think that is what you are saying in another sense. Bless.

2012/7/21 14:24Profile
Blayne

Re:

Hi! 'Bakary'

Yes, the baptism of the Holy spirit greatly empowers a Christian.
More importantly, the baptism of the Holy Spirit, opens the heavens so that the Christian can follow after the footSTEPS of Jesus and enter into the heavenly places and enjoy a citizenship there.
When Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist, it says, "The heavens were opened unto him". In a similar manner, the heavens are opened to the Christian and they "enter the Kingdom of God" where they begin to reign as kings and priests.

2012/7/21 14:45Profile

Re:

Pilgrim, I've been a member here - on and off - since 2005 and sometimes I forget that not everyone may know what I believe because I feel self-conscious of repeating my posts.

Brother, I was raised in Christ as a Pentecostal.
I believe in the Baptism in The Holy Spirit. I believe in all of the gifts of The Spirit. And I've gone so far to post in the past that I believe than any one of His Sheep can potentially be used in ALL of the gifts, from 1Corth 12, Romans 12 and Ephesians 4 at one time or another "as He wills."

We are to be as HE was on this earth. I believe that HE lived the life that we're supposed to live as our Example and as HE is in the world - so are we.

But I do not believe that we're to focus on the gifts at all. HE will use us in any of them, again, as He wills.
If He uses us in any of the gifts, we're never to focus on that event, but just be grateful that our names are written in the Lambs' Book of Life.

When I first got saved, I very much believed in hearing Him. I felt and still feel as a very little child, looking solely and dependently up to My Father for everything. Even to tell me where I left my reading glasses and do believe with all of my heart that He is 'that' Faithful and has been.

I find it true, that when Jesus says anything 3 times or more - that He wants us to take notice.

He calls His Spirit - "The Spirit of Truth" 4 times and if a person claims to have that "Baptism in His Spirit" - then I believe "truth" will be the distinguishing 'sign' or direction the person feels drawn to.
Yes, 'annointing and power' is part of it and power to overcome sin as well - but if it doesn't go hand-in-hand with the Purpose of John 16:13 & 14 and all of the emphasis is on 'the gifts' or anything other [because it is "the Truth that sets us free"], than one must pray to ask The LORD to straighten out their Pneumatology.

I won't over-emphasis The work of The Holy Spirit in the gifts or even in "relationship" to us, to the exclusion of 'study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.' We're renewed in our minds by His Word of Truth.

As Diane put it so well: "My overall point then is this: In making an assertion, it is not always best to negate what may seem like its opposite. It is not always either/or – black or white. The truth may lie in the fact that it must be BOTH: both doctrine and Jesus; both belief system and Jesus."

That's what is going on inside of me - besides what I posted in my previous post. Just the balance of it all and 1Co 4:6b, so that there's no offense.

His Peace!

2012/7/21 14:49

Re:

Brother Blayne, your last post wasn't there when I hit Reply.

GOD Is far beyond Good! :)

Hope you're also having a Blessed week-end.
I'm off to see my earthly family.
Be well.

2012/7/21 14:53
pilgrim777

Re:

Dear Blayne,

Thank you so much for your post. I thought I would briefly check-in and see if you had written something. It struck me how your post illustrates something that every True Believer will understand. That WORDS are very limiting.

And that is why we need the Holy Spirit.

John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

If we were speaking in person I am sure we would overcome the limitations of communicating through typing of words and have wonderful fellowship. Even through the limitations of typed words, fellowship is good with you and many others on SI. We try, don't we? Because our medium is limiting, it is best to approach posts in SI with the idea of "Love believes all things" and not a cynical attitude (not saying this of you) of "what lies are being propagated now?" I think that shows a generous and Christ-like spirit.

I notice how you endeavor to engage others in conversation and "work with them" on their posts. That is a very encouraging example of trying to understand what others are attempting to convey. We should believe the best about one another and assume that one is struggling to communicate some vital thoughts to each other which are important to that person. We all communicate differently and many of us don't do a very good job with the written word, but if we resolve to "stick it out" and work with that person in love, seeking clarification instead of a fight, then I am sure we will arrive most times at what the person is trying to convey and thus a mutual understanding, even though it end in disagreement.

1Co 2:9 But as it is WRITTEN, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
1Co 2:10 BUT GOD HATH REVEALE THEM UNTO US BY HIS SPIRIT: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

Blessings to you, till next time,

Pilgrim

2012/7/21 15:13Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy