SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Youcef Nadarkhani is Head of a Non-Trinitarian cult

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread
Anamosa41

Georgia, USA

Re:

Dlight,

I am absolutely sure that there are many things that I would disagree with in the Oneness gospel and doctrine. I don't know if Youcef believes in the things that you have mentioned, but I do know that my friend that mentioned in my previous post is not part of the Oneness denomination and definitely does believe that believers in the Trinity are brothers and sisters in Christ. In fact, he used to be a preacher in the Church of God denomination (much like Assembly of God), but left because of worldliness creeping in I think. He is now in a community church that used to be Church of God but changed, I believe, due to the same reason. So, some people can definitely believe the true Gospel but not believe in the same doctrine of the Trinity that we do and still accept the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost as he does. As for Youcef, I do not know if he believes that way or not.

2012/1/21 16:49Profile
Dlight

Re:

appolus, I smiled when I read your post. :)

Pentecostal is different from "Pentecostal Oneness". "Pentecostal Oneness" is a group apart from Christian denominations. They do not even identify with Pentecostals. I encourage you to do your own research. I too had never heard of this group until I encountered it personally.

By the way, Carter Colon and David Wilkerson are men of God. They are Pentecostal, not "Pentecostal Oneness" believers. The difference is big.

Anyway, I'm removing myself from this thread shortly. I try to stay on the sermon side of this website, as the forum debates get a little overwhelming sometimes.

Best,
Daphne.

2012/1/21 16:50Profile
Dlight

Re:

Anamosa41,

I appreciate your quick response.

I do not know this pastor either. But because he pastors a Oneness church, I would assume that he adheres to Oneness doctrines.

I'm removing myself from this thread.

Wish you all the best,
Daphne.

2012/1/21 16:59Profile
Anamosa41

Georgia, USA

Re: Youcef Nadarkhani is Head of a Non-Trinitarian cult

Here is an article from Present Truth Ministries that may help us understand more of what Youcef does believe. Here is what it says:

My sources have reported that a person has been paid by the Islamic government of Iran to state that Pastor Youssef is a Jesus Only pentecostal. In Iran this is a forbidden sect. Pastor Youssef believes the bible and stands for the truth that there is one God who has fully revealed himself through his only begotten Son Jesus Christ. He does not believe in the trinity nor does he believe in the oneness doctrine. He believes in a middle, biblical ground. He is an independent Christian that is not associated with an organization or denomination, just with believers in Christ.
A lawyer will soon be working to gain his release. Please continue to pray for his safety.

Below is the link to the article.

http://presenttruthmn.com/blog/iran/youssef-nadarkani-update/

2012/1/21 17:08Profile
MichaelLiao

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re:

Dear Brethren who have responded to this post,

Just to clarify some misconceptions, I have nothing against Pentecostals, in fact I love Pastor Wilkerson and Conlon. I myself also have the gift of tongues and it happened without anyone laying hands on me. I guess it was unfortunate how Mohabat News (Iranian Christian News Agency) worded the article that way, as I have observed that Mohabat and Parsaweb seem to be Reformed in their theology.

What is concerning is the fact that it's not the Pentecostal teachings that are of Wilkerson, Conlon, Clendennen, Wigglesworth etc. It's ONENESS Pentecostalism, where it advocates the doctrinal error of modalism. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdOkUk3SB30 - Can You Be Saved and Deny the Trinity? - Tim Conway) In other words, modalism is saying that God was first the Father in the Old Testament, and then became the Son on earth, and when ascended became the Holy Spirit, when the fact is all three appeared at Jesus' baptism. Modalism is like God putting on three different masks (According to http://illbehonest.com/biblical-gospel - if you want more information).

Secondly, the articles posted on this post were also aimed at the revealing baptismal regeneration in the Oneness Pentecostal teaching is required for salvation (works-based) and it is affecting the church in Iran negatively.

I'm not denying any gifts of the Spirit on this post, I'm just advocating that we should pray for our brethren in Iran who may be affected by a works-based salvation teaching. I only got this information from my pastor's son and since there are many churches in North America who are misinformed about this situation, I thought it would be good to bring this up on SI so that we will be properly informed and know what to pray for exactly. I do apologize for the misconceptions that might have sprung up, but it was not my intent for it by the grace of God.

In Christ,

- Michael Liao

2012/1/21 18:53Profile

Re:

"........which is linked with the Oneness Pentecostalism (Jesus Only) cult, which is non-Trinitarian, believes in baptismal regeneration, and is very closely linked and supported by the United Pentecostal Churches outside of Iran. They -with less than 200 members inside Iran- greatly admire and follow the teachings of an American preacher, William M. Branham, who claimed to be the last of God's prophets on earth, that the doctrine of the Trinity is from the devil, and only those who are baptised in Jesus' name are saved."

LOLOLOLOL. Is that it?

Dear Heavens.

If God is so against these people, why is it that He gives them the Holy Spirit?

And so what if they don't believe in the Trinity, I don't either.

Where does it say anywhere that you have to believe in the Trinity to be saved?

What they do believe is that all the fullness of the Godhead is in Christ Jesus, even God said, "This is my beloved in Son in whom I am well pleased, HEAR YE HIM".

"Looking unto Jesus the author and the finisher of our faith". Sounds like God to me.

"I AM alpha and omega the beginning and the end". Sounds like God to me.

"Whom do you seek, we seek Jesus of Nazareth and Jesus said unto them, I AM". Sounds like God to me.

There is not enough evidence to conclude that this Pastor is doing anything wrong. However, what I have heard lately is that he won't recant Jesus Christ.

Whatever this man believes, I admire his faith and courage to endure what he is enduring right now. When he stands before God it won't be what doctrines he has under his belt, but what he did with his faith, so far, his testimony is more shinier than ours.

2012/1/21 20:10

Re:

If this man were a Muslim being tortured and threatened with death by a bunch of self-proclaimed christians or just the government of where he lived - I wouldn't pray any differently for "mercy" as I've prayed for this man, and the millions of others around the world being tortured and/or killed for only their beliefs - regardless of what they are.

WHAT does what anyone believe have anything to do with us praying for "anyone" that is being tortured and threatened with death because of their beliefs alone?

2012/1/21 20:17

Re:

HI Daphne,

I know about the pentcostal oneness movement :) I mentioned the names of Wilkerson and Conlon as examples of people who are not of the one-ness persausion but who are Pentecostal. My point is that there are so many factions in Christianity who cannot abide pentecostal people, period, because of their " pentecostalism." In my last post I was trying to agree with lisa from my android phone and it came out differently. Do I belive what this man believes in regard to the trinity? No. Do I believe that he is a brother in Christ, I have nothing to suggest otherwise, certainly not simply because he is of the oneness persausion. Just to be clear, I know many who believe that regular pentecostals are of the devil, oneness or otherwise. If cessasionist really believe what they say they believe, then how do they account for tongues? Would they be so bold as to say that this gift is not of God but of the devil? Anyway, I pray to the Lord that this brother in Iran glorifies God, however God chooses.............brother Frank

2012/1/21 21:08
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
by Approved:
Dear Heavens.

If God is so against these people, why is it that He gives them the Holy Spirit?

My sentiments exactly!!! Praise God, the Lord showed me that years ago when I worked with a oneness couple and found out they received the baptism of the Holy Spirit as well; the husband was a preacher and I told him, "If God gave you the Holy Spirit and the gifts and He gave me the Holy Spirit and the gifts, then we can't be that far off, can we?" And he agreed!

To God be all the glory!
Lisa

2012/1/21 22:15Profile
MichaelLiao

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re: Approved

With all due respect Approved, yes you must believe in the Trinity. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=NdOkUk3SB30 - Can You Be Saved and Deny the Trinity? - Tim Conway) [A Video on Oneness Pentecostalism]

Secondly, if a person is advocating a works-based (false) gospel that is affecting the Church in Iran in a negative way, then Galatians 1:8 says, "But even if we or angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed." (http://youtube.com/watch?v=fVHu3z30K1Y) Yes, any man can die for their faith. It is possible for even a Muslim to die for their own faith, yet it is a wrong faith indeed. Mr. Nadarkhani may say he is not recanting his faith in Christ, but is it the Christ of the Bible?

In Christ,

- Michael Liao

2012/1/21 22:29Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy