SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Youcef Nadarkhani is Head of a Non-Trinitarian cult

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread
MichaelLiao

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Youcef Nadarkhani is Head of a Non-Trinitarian cult

I felt a burden to post this because my pastor who is Iranian, his son has background information about Youcef Nadarkhani being one of the leaders of a growing cult in Iran that promotes a works-based salvation and is infecting much of the Church in Iran. The reason for this post is that many evangelicals in the west assume that Nadarkhani is being persecuted for his faith in Christ. Now of course this should not discourage us from praying for Nadarkhani, yet we must be aware of our brothers in Iran who are suffering under a Unitarian teaching and a works-based salvation. Here are the links:

http://mohabatnews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3467:is-nadarkhani-an-evangelical-chrsitian-special-report-on-non-trinitatian-cult-inside-iran-&catid=36:iranian-christians&Itemid=279

http://parsaweb.org/index.php/english/news (There is a YouTube video on this link of Nadarkhani himself saying that he doesn't believe in the Trinity)

In Christ,

- Michael Liao

2012/1/20 23:24Profile
PrimaDogma

Re: Youcef Nadarkhani is Head of a Non-Trinitarian cult

Here is the anti-Trinitarian Oneness Position as defined by its main exponent, the United Pentecostal Church:

"There is one God, who has revealed Himself as our Father, in His Son Jesus Christ, and as the Holy Spirit. Jesus Christ is God manifested in flesh. He is both God and man. (See Deuteronomy 6:4; Ephesians 4:4-6; Colossians 2:9; I Timothy 3:16.)"

The Trinitarian Truth is that God is Three-in-One, whereas the Oneness heretics say that God is One-in-Three. If you didn't know any better, you would think both parties are saying the same thing in different ways. That is what makes the Oneness Heresy so pernicious: it sounds exactly like the orthodox position and is therefore beyond the detection of anyone but the most acute heresy-sniffer.

I will pray for Nadarkhani, not that he will be released from prison or spared execution, but that he will reconstruct his doctrinal formulations to align with American Fundamentalism before it is too late!

2012/1/21 8:08Profile
MichaelLiao

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Youcef Nadarkhani is Head of a Non-Trinitarian cult

Hey PrimaDogma,

That's real subtle, the doctrine sounds almost the same. Yeah, my church has a lot of Iranians, so I just thought maybe they might have some updates on Youcef Nadarkhani, I was shocked when I heard he was one of the heads of a growing cult in Iran.

http://www.sermonaudio.com/new_details.asp?ID=32898

In Christ,

- Michael Liao

2012/1/21 11:12Profile
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Quote:
MichaelLiao wrote:
I was shocked when I heard he was one of the heads of a growing cult in Iran.

Brother Michael, believing that Youcef is the ‘head of a growing cult’ is religious DOGMA and purely subjective according to whatever church you attend.

How happy the devil must be now that he has turned Christian against each other especially a Christian in bondage but I guess its ok since you did add, “Of course this shouldn’t discourage us from praying for him.” If he’s a leader of a cult, my question is why bother praying? Why pray if he’s doomed for hell according to Trinitarians?

I wonder how many of our prayers are nonsensical and wasted trying to get God to make other people to live the way “we think” they should live. (Wasted days and wasted nights)

God bless you brother,
Lisa

2012/1/21 12:33Profile

Re:

Hi Michael,

The link that you gave ended the piece with this...

"New evangelicalism and Pentecostal theology is the major factor of the problems, as these groups tend to be Pentecostal in their theology and use similar language and practice the Pentecostal gifts."

Well brother, I guess I am part of some loose cult then. I am pentecostal in theology, I guess that means not being a cessasionist, and I have the gift of tongues........ brother Frank

2012/1/21 14:49
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Re:

Quote:
Well brother, I guess I am part of some loose cult then. I am pentecostal in theology, I guess that means not being a cessasionist, and I have the gift of tongues........ brother Frank

Thank you brother Frank for reading the article. I only listened to about a minute of the video before shutting it off but after you posted, I went to the article which was written by a supposed fellow believer.

In these end times, the Pentecostal believers may not have to worry about the anti-christ; it sounds like the non-Pentecostal's will be the ones to rat out their fellow believers. Pitiful.

God bless you,
Lisa

2012/1/21 15:32Profile
Dlight

Re:

Lysa,

I used to think that Oneness Pentecostals believed the same gospel that Trinitarians believe; but then I went to a Oneness Pentecostal church and witnessed their Christianity. It grieved me a lot to say the least.

It's easy to believe that there is only an insignificant difference between the two because, like PrimaDogma said, the doctrine sounds almost the same. But in order to deny the Trinity, you have to consciously deny and/or twist MANY verses in the Bible. Moreover, the difference in doctrine does not lie only in the doctrine of the Trinity but also in the doctrine of salvation, spiritual gifts, baptism etc. Also note that Oneness believers DO NOT believe Trinitarians to be Christians.

Now I don't know this man, but I would not be so fast as to defend anyone that denies the Trinity.

Lastly, I have read a few of your posts. I think this debate between Trinitarians and "Oneness" believers may interest you. It gets a little loud, but it's interesting to see how little scripture "Oneness" people have to back up their beliefs. Please do let me know if you watch it.

http://www.spiritualabuse.org/issues/onenessvtrinity.html

Daphne.

*I use "Oneness" because I heard this term a lot from an Apostolic acquaintance.

2012/1/21 15:47Profile
Anamosa41

Georgia, USA

Michael, I want to begin this by saying that I myself am a believer in the Trinity doctrine; however, if you notice, Youcef said that he is not a "Jesus only" believer, but simply a believer in one God. I am acquainted with a person who believes like Youcef, and this man does not deny the Father, Son, or Holy Ghost, but he's not a "three in one" believer. This man is a very Godly man and strong believer in the Word of God. So to jump to conclusions with the information that with have right now and say that Youcef is a leader of a cult is not a right thing to do in my opinion. A man may not understand the Trinity, but believe the true Gospel and believe that there is a Father, Son, and Holy Ghost and be a born again believer. None of us completely understand the Trinity, but we try to as well as we can. Some simply don't believe the "three in one" but believe that God expresses and reveals Himself in three ways. Others, like me, believe in three Persons in One (Jesus being the image of the invisible God). But to say that a group who believes in either one of those is a cult doesn't seem right to me.

2012/1/21 16:06Profile
Dlight

Re:

Anamosa41,
I understand your concern completely, and this is the exact same way I thought when I first encountered the Oneness gospel. But please consider my previous post.

The difference in doctrine sounds VERY subtle on the surface, but if you did more research on the issue, you will find even bigger, irreconcilable differences.

Imagine watching a 30-second clip of a Jehovah's Witness or Mormon on the doctrine of God. They'll say they believe in one God, the Almighty God; Jehovah. If they did not mention their denomination, you would quickly agree that this is the very God you believe in. It's the same with this group. You have only watched a short video. Please consider that there is doctrine in the Oneness gospel that you may not know of.
Oneness Pentecostals, as do Mormons and Jehovah's witnesses, consider themselves to be distinct from other Christians, and the only true believers of Christ. The very people you are defending do not consider you to be a brother.

I have fellowshipped, albeit for a short period of time, with the Oneness Pentecostal Church; and in my humble opinion, their gospel is a false one.

2012/1/21 16:25Profile

Re:

I am a Pentecostal believer who believes in the trinity. Most of the pentecostals that I know personally and men like David Wilkerson and Carter Conlon are Pentecostal trinity belivers. I wonder how much it would have mattered to the writer if this man was merely Pentecostal. I would guess not a lot. Loss, I actually believe that's exactly what will happen in the last days ......... Bro Frank

2012/1/21 16:35

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy