SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Loading Spanish Version Reina Valera 1960 on a Nook Color

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Loading Spanish Version Reina Valera 1960 on a Nook Color

This post is for all of those who may have purchased a Nook Color and have been frustrated with uselessly trying to find an app with the Spanish version Reina Valera 1960. The book forms are extremely slow to navigate. I have found a way to download a website so that the version can be easily accessed (offline) from the web browser of the Nook.

On a desktop or laptop computer, go to http://mechabuilder.com/utilities/utilities.htm and download ssnag.zip site snagger. Unzip it. Click on sitesnag.exe. Choose “Project”, and “New”, and name your project (Reina Valera 1960). Go to “Project” again, and then go to “Options”. When the box pops up, in the top left side of the box where it says “Max Levels”, choose 3. Go to the little red eyeglasses button, and click it. Where it asks for a URL, paste in this one: http://amen-amen.net/RV1960/ and click “start”. It downloads this website into a folder within the “Projects folder” of the “ssnag folder”. Open the folder that has your project (that you named) in it (Reina Valera 1960), and look for the webpage named “indice.htm”. Rename the page to “1A indice.htm”. This will make it come to the top of the list when the folder is opened again.

Plug your Nook Color into your computer. Transfer just the folder (inside the “projects” folder) with the name on it that you gave it (perhaps Reina Valera 1960). Put it wherever you want to on the SD memory card that you (should) have in your Nook Color. After unhooking your Nook Color, you can browse your card and find your folder and open it. When you open the folder and you see the “A1 indice” webpage, press and hold it, and choose “add to Home”, and it will be available on your home screen. From there you can open it. The writing will be small which you will have to adjust. If you go to the top right corner of the web browser and tap and choose “More Options” and then “settings” and take the check mark off of the one that says “open pages in overview”, it will keep it the same large font that you need it to be. Also if you tap the box and put a check mark in the one that says “Auto-fit” pages, it will make the lettering all appear on the page when you resize it.

One small annoyance is that if you are out of range of wifi it wants to continue to connect when you go from page to page. I may figure out how to turn that off eventually. It happens even if you turn wifi off.

I hope this helps.

Dios les bendiga,

God bless you all,

P.S. It could be that Site Snagger could be used to download Semonindex pages with the mp3s. I haven't had time to try it. I just discovered it today.

2012/1/20 18:45Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy