SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Why Fundamentalism is an Improvement Over Christianity

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
PrimaDogma

Why Fundamentalism is an Improvement Over Christianity

"The kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field." Matt. 13:44

We are saved by faith, not by works, but there is a catch. When you open the door of faith, the Holy Spirit will invade and conquer your soul. He will vanquish every uncrucified area of your life, mortify your Self, pull up sin by the roots and conform you to the image of Another. But it is well worth enduring this Divine Invasion, since in the end you inherit Eternal Life.

Yet Fundamentalism offers the same benefit at an infinitely lower price, simply by redefining faith as “correct theology.” As long as you have a head full of orthodox dogma, Self may remain on the throne of the heart. In fact, you can fashion God into any image that suits you, using the Bible as a sculpting tool.

Preaching such a gospel will vastly expand your ministry’s profit margin. That is why shrewd clergymen like myself prefer Fundamentalism over Christianity.

2012/1/20 8:12Profile
Solomon101

America's Heartand

Re: Why Fundamentalism is an Improvement Over Christianity

@ PrimaDogma - great post, +1 to your tally!

(sarcasm font on) I woud also note that "fundamentalism" allows us the benefit of labeling as "heretical" those who do not agree with our particular theological stripe. It is clearly deserved as we have all the revelation and are the ones with the ability to pass complete judgement on anothers beliefs no matter how insignificant or minute the issue! What a deal! We get to shove it down others throats, call it orthodoxy, and label all those who don't agree with us as heretics... all by just pasting together a few proof texts that don't really apply and saying, "it's what the scripture says". This is brilliant! (sarcasm font now off)

Thanks again PrimaDogma, I enjoyed your post this morning!

2012/1/20 9:10Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re: Why Fundamentalism is an Improvement Over Christianity

Oh Grandest of Poobah's, what, if anything, would constitute a threat to your ecclesiastical posturing? Not that you would admit it, for it would de-thread thy finest gold thread-woven awesome-frock.

2012/1/20 9:26Profile
PrimaDogma

Re:

My Pontifical Authority is unassailable and anyone who touches a thread of my Papal Raiment will be struck down like Uzzah.

2012/1/20 9:56Profile
roadsign

Re:

"isms" are terrifying things!

Diane

2012/1/20 10:18Profile
pilgrim777

Re: Fundamentalism

"Fundamentalism stumbles at the consubstantial relation between the free continuous act of God's self-communication and the living content of what He communicates, especially when this is applied to divine revelation in and through the Holy Scriptures. It rejects the fact that revelation must be continually given and received in a living relation with God ­ i.e., it substitutes a static for a dynamic view of revelation. ...The practical and the epistemological effect of a fundamentalism of this kind is to give an infallible Bible and a set of rigid evangelical beliefs primacy over God's self-revelation which is mediated to us through the Bible. This effect is only reinforced by the regular fundamentalist identification of biblical statements about the truth with the truth itself to which they refer. ...The living reality of God's self-revelation through Jesus Christ and in the Spirit is in point of fact made secondary to the Scriptures." (Thomas F. Torrance, Reality and Evangelical Theology. Westminster Press. 1981. pgs 16,17,18).

2012/1/20 10:49Profile
brothagary

Re:

the only reason why we have fundamentlisim is because othadox moved mostly into apostasy ,,mostly is a key word

ther still exists a pure rement in othadox protastantisim

ohhh watch out for the isims

brothers and sisters wich isim ,are you conected with

my favouret fundamentelest group is , the christan and missionary alliance

2012/1/20 10:52Profile
pilgrim777

Re: Orthodoxy

"There are today many millions of people who hold "right opinions," probably more than ever before in the history of the Church. Yet I wonder if there was ever a time when true spiritual worship was at a lower ebb. ...The truth of Wesley's words is established before our eyes, 'Orthodoxy, or right opinion, is, at best, a very slender part of religion. Though right tempers cannot subsist without right opinions, yet right opinions may subsist without right tempers. There may be a right opinion of God without either love or one right temper toward Him. Satan is a proof of this.'" (A. W. Tozer, The Pursuit of God. Christian Publications. 1948. pg. 9).

2012/1/20 11:05Profile
Compton

Re:

(edit_ Moved to it's own thread.)

2012/1/20 11:17Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy