SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Do humans deserve the suffering they experience?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Zionshield

Ohio

Do humans deserve the suffering they experience?

This was written in the context of a converstaion about suffering. Is it true to say that humans deserve the suffering they experience? What do you think?

"If we could see how dead, asleep and lost we are in this dark, tragic world without Him we would probably understand better the suffering needed to arouse and prod us back to Christ. "Before I was afflicted, I went astray" -David. Even in our suffering there is no other hope. "Though He slay me, yet I will trust in Him." -Job Ultimately what is the only loss that cannot be regained? Job received all back, including children though not the ones he lost, but he would see them in Abraham's bosom. Abraham knew that even his only son would not be lost ultimately upon the sharp edge of the blade. God is the true sufferer. We cannot say the suffering we have, we do not deserve. For if we did not deserve hell we could not have received heaven as a gift."

2012/1/19 22:38Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re: Do humans deserve the suffering they experience?

That is what I believe.

2012/1/19 22:59Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Good article. Who's the author?

2012/1/20 2:26Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

These are such hard sayings that without a revelation of God to reveal these things to us we cannot hope for them. It is one thing to read them and think hmmmm, but unless God reveal them to our hearts and charge us with His Spirit to them they are hard to accept because it is not natural to the human being.

2012/1/20 7:54Profile
MaryJane

As I read the title to your thread I thought about the sacrifice that Christ suffered for me personally on the cross because of my sin putting Him there...I am glad that I don't get what I deserve, I deserve hell and eternal suffering and yet because of who HE is I receive life!

Thank you for sharing this, what a wonderful reminder of how blessed we are. Yes there are times in my life when I have suffered on a small scale but I did not suffer alone...Jesus was/is right there with me each step of my journey!

God Bless
mary

2012/1/20 9:01Profile
learjet

Re:

Amen to the thread and amen to MaryJane!

Today I was reminded of this:

Quote:
This is a trustworthy saying, and everyone should accept it: “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners”—and I am the worst of them all. But God had mercy on me so that Christ Jesus could use me as a prime example of his great patience with even the worst sinners. Then others will realize that they, too, can believe in him and receive eternal life. All honor and glory to God forever and ever! He is the eternal King, the unseen one who never dies; he alone is God. Amen. -1 Timothy 1:15-17

2012/1/20 9:51Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

MaryJane,

That was very good.

So the question may be better asked this way: Does Man deserve Jesus Christ?

No, but what a wonderful gift He is from the Father.

Pilgrim

2012/1/20 11:08Profile
ManofGod0000

Re:

No no maryjane,

I really like that question, man suffers oh so much, I say that from my own personal suffering also which has been very very difficult, and I have questioned it many of times, oh yes, I have questioned such suffering many of times. It hurts to the core, suffering is almost like severe depression, it hurts all over, yes there is hope, yes there is trust, but when walls of all sort come crashing down, all of our securities come crashing down, we r left to a situation that we have never been taught or acclimated to in life.

Just like job, when job said he curse the day he was burn, sounds like to me in reality, he didnt see the point in living or going on anymore. Suffering is that deep.

My conclusion, Christ prepared a solution, yes, but ultimately if he could endure such turmoil and grief, then he can n will give us the light and strength to take hold of him.

2012/1/22 10:37Profile
MaryJane

Re:

greetings pilgrim777

you asked:So the question may be better asked this way: Does Man deserve Jesus Christ?

____

Not sure if you really wanted me to answer but in my unimportant opinion "we" do not deserve anything from God. The word deserve implies to me that something received is some how earned...nothing anyone of us can or does do could ever earn the love of our Lord. He gives life to us because of who HE is, because of HIS awesomeness not anything to do with us. This is just my thoughts though and as such mean nothing (smile)

______

Greetings ManofGod0000

I was not posting my response as one against the question being asked but rather what the Lord has shown me over years of seeking to know HIM and HIS heart on such things that if I keep my eyes fixed on eternity there is still hope and joy. I realize there are many who suffer sorrows, pain, heartache to varying degrees in this life...I have traveled some of those roads but the difference for me, that I have seen is this, I never travel the journey in life alone. Jesus has been and is always with me. There is much comfort in HIS presence and fellowship even in the most painful darkest hours HE holds me...

For me its learning to fix my eyes and life on HIM, to learn daily to die to self and walk with HIM. If I keep my focus on things that are happening in the world around me, even gut wrenching things then I loose all hope, despair sets in and I walk alone because I separate myself from HIM. However if I keep my life submitted and walking with the LORD no matter what is happening in the here and now, well then there is real light and life to be had in JESUS. As I said before this is just what I am seeing and what the Lord has shown me...

God bless
mary

2012/1/22 11:07Profile

"Deserve" is true, "need" is probably better, and in both cases, it is yes.

OJ

2012/1/22 12:41

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy