SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A HEALTHY ONLINE PERSPECTIVE

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Solomon101

America's Heartand

A HEALTHY ONLINE PERSPECTIVE

John Michael Talbot, the Christian musician, posted this a bit earlier on his Facebook. I felt it was a really healthy perspective not only for Facebook but also for any online community. That would include SI, or any other place people gather in a "virtual" world. I post his words below. Hopefully you find it with as much wisdom and common sense as I did. It now follows

Begin Quotes-

I have witnessed several folks "crash and burn" on this and other FB (and assorted online sites-solomon101) sites recently. They say extreme things, sometimes angry, violent, or just innappropriately argumentative things that betray deeper problems. It moves me deeply. FB (SI, and other online sites solomon101) are a great place for support we might otherwise never experience in daily life. It is also a terrible danger to those prone to anger or depression. Someone disagrees so we get upset, no one responds so we get depressed, and so on. FB, and other online sites, cannot be a replacement for good family or community relationships, or especially for good spiritual direction and even therapy. These must be face to face, person to person in the non virtual reality. FB and online sites remain only what they are: "virtual," or "nearly, almost, but not quite." Please pray for the ones who fall by the wayside, that they experience real community, family, or spiritual direction. Pray for those who need professional help and pray for yourself that you would keep FB ,and your online interactions ,a healthy thing so they would be positive places to share and build one another up. Thanks.

end John Michael Talbot quotes.

2012/1/19 15:26Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re: A HEALTHY ONLINE PERSPECTIVE

True wisdom.

2012/1/19 15:53Profile
learjet

Re: A HEALTHY ONLINE PERSPECTIVE

Love this!

Truth be told, this is why I use my real name online. If I decide to treat someone like a jerk I have nothing to hide behind. To be sure I've had to apologize to folks but at least I have a clear conscience, it keeps me honest which is a good thing!

2012/1/19 16:02Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

I agree with you Earl. I too post my name for similar reasons.

Even though people think that I spelled Christiaan wrong on purpose, it is still how you spell my name. :-)

2012/1/19 16:05Profile

Re:

""FB, and other online sites, cannot be a replacement for good family or community relationships, or especially for good spiritual direction and even therapy.

*These must be face to face, person to person in the non virtual reality.*

FB and online sites remain only what they are: "virtual," or "nearly, almost, but not quite." Please pray for the ones who fall by the wayside, that they experience real community, family, or spiritual direction.""

This is so very true. Thanks for posting it!

2012/1/19 16:13

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy