SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Moving to another State

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Leeza

Moving to another State

We may be moving, and are looking for churches in another state. We desire to be in a church where Christ is glorified, and the word is taught diligently, the Holy Spirit moves and directs, and brokenness and contrition are embraced. When I look on church websites, I find messages like this on their homepages: "such and so Church is not a building, an organization, or a one-time experience. We are a community seeking to follow Jesus, love people, and serve those in need.

We have summed up the mission of Vintage into just three words: Learn, Live, and Serve. "

I picked this one, because it is actually one of the LEAST "commercial" intros I have found. Some sound a bit like an advertisement for a local club. This may not be a representation of the church, but it doesnt seem to feature Christ, rather the "community". I like the point that the church is not a building, but a community, so that is good, but it concerns me that they seem a little hesitent to mention God much.
I long for a blatant representation of Christ Glorified, not Christ apologized.

2012/1/19 10:38Profile
jimp

Re: Moving to another State

hi leeza, what city or state are you moving to?jimp

2012/1/19 12:54Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re: Moving to another State

Quote:
by Leeza:
I long for a blatant representation of Christ Glorified, not Christ apologized.

I can't find a church like that either so I am trying to the a "blatant representation of Christ" myself and years ago, I had to pray for God to give me a ministry to do for Him. And He did, praise His holy name!

God bless,
Lisa

2012/1/19 14:08Profile
Leeza

Re:

Just got a name from Illbehonest: www.providencedenton.org
Looked at the website, and it looks like an answer to prayer! If the Lord wills that he gets this job....
The area is near Plano Texas....far far away for us!

2012/1/19 15:32Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, there are many great churches in that area and if you are baptist, dallas is the home of the best seminary in the u s and the home of the w a chriswell bible school.you are in the buckle of the bible belt.

2012/1/19 17:23Profile
Sree

Re:

God willing there will be Brother Zac Poonen conference in Austin Texas next month. Also there might be Zac's CFC teaching based (as we do not believe in denominations) Church in Texas. I can check that for you.

2012/1/19 17:29Profile
Leeza

Re:

We have gone to baptist churches, christian and missionary alliance and Anglican....I would probably describe my hubby as reformed, mostly Calvinistic, and he believes God is really deeply involved in every aspect of our lives, and scripture should form our world view. Denomination is not important to him. For me that is the safe haven in which I pray for the working of the Holy spirit in our lives.
I love Zac Poonen.
I am jumping the gun here, he has had the interview yet. I tend to be hypervigilent. But a place to serve would be primary in our decision. Praying for God's will, cause that is what we want.

2012/1/19 21:10Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

"God willing there will be Brother Zac Poonen conference in Austin Texas next month. "

Brother Sree, Have you heard when this is?
I have wondered if there is going to be one this spring in TX because I have yet to hear about when it is...

Thank you in advance for any info.

Brother Benoy James is down there in TX, not sure how far from the original poster though. ravensministry.com is his website.

2012/1/19 21:24Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy