SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : I am trying to understand what the Bible does say on some things

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re:

Thank you for posting that scripture from 2 Corinthians Pilgrim. I almost did but hesitated because I did not want to add to an already long post.

2012/1/18 17:49Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

Hi Areadymind,

I liked your long post and saw that we are saying similar things in different ways.

This is the bottom line (what you said).

Is Jesus your Lord?

We have to see that above all, Christianity is Christ. Not a "do right", moralistic, "good works", "great ethics", "superb values" religion.

Our walk may contain aspects of each of these, but Christianity is Christ. Once we get our eyes off of Christ on any one of these aspects then we are abiding in our own knowledge and not Jesus Christ anymore. If we just concern ourselves with abiding in Him, then all these other things will be attained.

Imagine having to wake up each day and check off of your list, line items in all of these categories (good works, good morals, good ethics, good values, etc, etc).

Just abide in Him and Love Him with all your heart.

If we preached this then many might see that they have not been born-again, but really just been following a set of rules their whole Christian life. Any human can follow a set of morals, ethics, values, etc. We see that in all religions, but to follow Christ you must have Him.

We need to preach Christ and nothing else then people will be able to ascertain if they have Christ or not. Many have "Christianity", but few have Christ.

1Co 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

Blessings,
Pilgrim

2012/1/18 18:03Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Quote:
but really just been following a set of rules their whole Christian life. Any human can follow a set of morals, ethics, values, etc. We see that in all religions, but to follow Christ you must have Him.

Yes, but what does Jesus say to do? If you love me?.?.?

Also, there are specific things that we are to do. We are to help the poor, the orphans, widows... Being in Christ saves us, but being a Christian does consist of "doing the stuff".

"Jesus, when did we see you in prison, hungry, naked...?

2012/1/18 18:07Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

That is true, Miccah. But it all must be Spirit led and not flesh (our own understanding) led, otherwise if it is not authored by the Lord it will just burn up as wood, hay and stubble.

If we are abiding in Him, He will lead us in a way that pleases Him.

Pilgrim

2012/1/18 18:10Profile
Elibeth

Re:

RDG,
If you feel a drawing in your Spirit,...
This is the Grace of God....With this Grace,...at this time in your life,
He will give you the strength / power,..whatever He wishes for you to do.
Is He trying to empty you out of your flesh way.
Do you feel like He might be wanting fill you up with His will,..His Way ?

This is what I used to do when the Lord was drawing me about tv.
My family would be watching as usual,a continuation, of what we did all enjoy together. But the Lord was working with me about changing my
whole life,..He wanted to fill me with His Life,...and if we are already full of our old way,..how can He fill us ? ....Well when my family, and back then ,my Mom / Dad some of my sibling would be there,...(I did not try to change
them,...it was me,the Lord was dealing with,) but I would sit back, and
close my eyes,..meditate,..and pray.

And rainy day girl,..if this is the Precious Gift of God drawing you,..
I pray you will not shun this Grace,..It is priceless ! !

For Grace is:
* The Devine enflence upon the heart and *it's reflection in the life.
This drawing of us, through the Spirit,unto God,..Who is the Spirit / Word,...
Through the Precious Blood of Jesus.
Lovingly,..Lovingly,
Elizabeth

2012/1/18 18:46Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

That is a great way to put it Elizabeth.

The Lord is always drawing us to Himself. If we turn a deaf ear to Him over and over again, we become dull of hearing.

Pilgrim

2012/1/18 18:50Profile
rainydaygirl

Re:

Thanks guys for the thoughts. Here is the thing though, I am in charge of my brothers, they are not little kids but they live with me and it makes things really hard. I may say hey I really don't think you should be playing that mature rated war game and they will tell me its no big deal for them? Then when I try to share with them they roll there eyes and smile at me, tell me I am being overly sensitive. Even had one younger brother tell me that while what he watches can be violent or have language its no big deal. Language and violence are all over the place. Yes they all say that they love the Lord but its sad to me as I have watched them get older there is a loss in them. They are harder and not so open to things in the Lord. Maybe this is all my fault for trying to share with them. Not sure. Anyway I will be reading through more thoroughly what you all shared.

rdg

2012/1/18 19:20Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re:

So are you saying that they are, in fact, under your authority?

2012/1/18 19:26Profile
rainydaygirl

Re:

Yes I guess for legal purposes they are under my and my husband authority although age wise we are not all that far apart. Its kind of complicated but they live with me but I don't try to be mom or anything.

rdg

2012/1/18 19:29Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

If they are living in your house, you and your husband have the right and the obligation to please God not man.

2012/1/18 19:33Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy