SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Am I SERIOUSLY MISSING something?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Sree

Re: Am I SERIOUSLY MISSING something?

Quote:

For the Love of Jesus, someone has got to say something! Paul Washer seems like a modern day John the Baptist in calling it out, Brother Zac in India, but other than that there isn't much talk about it.

Brother Zac in recent message told that God has put a burden in his heart to talk against this corrupt Babylonian Christianity or Churches. That is why he criticizes such preachers who preach prosperity Gospel and those who involved in fake healing ministry. So I believe God is raising people with burden to talk against false prophets.
But God also let people to be deceived by false prophets.

As some poster says here, that Joel is bringing people to Christ. But what kind of people is he bringing? Will a father be happy with having 1000 kids who are totally crippled and useless and cannot live by his standard? Instead he will be happy with 1 kid who is healthy and lives by his standard. It is not the quantity that matters to God, it is the quality. God was not worried that only 8 people got into the boat during the times of Noah. Jesus himself had only 12 disciples out of them only 11 stayed true till the end and look what they have accomplished. It is sad that posters who claim to have accomplished so much in mission still keep boasting on quantity.

2012/1/18 14:20Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

When I vote for someone, I consider ALL alternatives...including whether a vote for one candidate (or refraining to vote altogether) might end up helping another candidate.

I have remained in prayer over who I will be voting (or not voting) for. However, abortion IS a big issue of righteousness and it will be one issue when considering my vote.

One thing is certain: I will NOT vote for a candidate who favors outright abortion rights...or the one who would prefer for our collected tax dollars to pay for abortions.

While I don't think that it is a clichéd choice between "the lesser of two evils" as some suggest, it is more about choosing the better of two imperfect candidates.

2012/1/18 15:26Profile

Re:

Hi Chris,

The choosing of the lesser of two evils in no mere cliche. If one wants to participate in the things of the world and compromise their convictions to do so, then one would have to want to participate in the things of the world pretty badly. Let each man be persauded in Christ......... brother Frank

2012/1/18 15:54
learjet

Re:

Quote:
Let me add that I understand your pain because I can't even watch the news anymore when they are talking about politics. I can just feel anger, fear and such rising up inside of me so I am learning to turn off the TV and pray. I'm just going to be honest with you, I don't care WHO the next republican nominee for president is and I don't care what his religion is... I'm voting for him; so I am staying out of the details that get me sidetracked from my Jesus.

My Sister,

I hear you and feel the same way, about 3 months ago I got done reading an article on a major news site and honestly it made me angry. I had this thought (the Holy Spirit) "how does that make you feel?" then I thought of the scripture "if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off", so I did.

Amazingly, when you step back from politics and ask God to give you a view of it from His standpoint you can see that the right and the left both play the same game, it's a very simple strategy "divide the house". This group stirs up their supporters and they get hardened, that group stirs up their supporters and they get hardened.

I could care less what happens in elections now, the whole process is akin to a runaway freight train, it's beyond repair, Jesus warned of this and my hope is in the Lord!

TRUE STORY:

Before Steve Hill got really sick my wife and the kids and I decided to go down to Tennessee to see him preach. The meetings were held at TBN's studios in Hendersonville. During the last 2 nights TBN had a full camera crew there recording the messages, both Steve Hill and John Kilpatrick made a bunch of comments regarding 'TV preachers' and the trash that you hear on tv (Christian TV) throughout their messages to the point where if you tried to edit it out, the messages wouldn't make any sense.

Like a fool I came home and started looking for the services on TBN's website, for about a month I kept looking at the schedule and guess what? They were never shown, there's a reason that satan is called 'the prince and power of the air' in Ephesians 2:2. It's because he is in control of everything that goes out over the air, everything.

This is not only true in secular outlets, it's true everywhere!

2012/1/18 18:14Profile
learjet

Re:

Quote:
Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

Please forgive me for not communicating the heart of this thread better than I did, it's not about politics at all you can take out Mitt Romney and put anyone's name in there.

The point was the spiritual bankruptcy, I have no concern for the state of politics but I do have a tremendous concern regarding the bride of Christ.

Peace!

2012/1/18 18:22Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

I personally don't think Joel Osteen is the greatest threat to salvation, I think Satan and his demons are. The word says our fight "is not" against flesh and blood, my guess is Joel Osteen is made of flesh and blood, so it would be a spiritual battle we should be fighting. The only way I personally know how to fight in the spirit world is by prayer.You can talk about any Pastor all you want, but remember all the demons are just smiling. If your out to satisfy the demons talk about Christians, they will be rejoicing. Joel Osteen, Benny Hinn, Captain Kirk,whoever, our battle is not against them, we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

2012/1/19 0:49Profile
knitefall

Re: right

You are correct Big Jim. Lots of love to you

2023/1/4 22:20Profile
wildhorse86

Re:

Why dig this thread up after 11 years?

2023/1/5 8:33Profile
TrueWitness

Re:

It usually happens because someone posted spam to this thread and Greg deleted it but the topic still shows up as a recent thread.

-Daniel

2023/1/5 10:18Profile
wildhorse86

Re:

I can see Knitefall replied to the thread, so it isn't spam per se.

2023/1/5 18:20Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy