SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : if i dont have a church can i tithe to ministrie online

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
tangible

new york city

if i dont have a church can i tithe to ministrie online

if i dont have a church can i tithe to ministrie online

2012/1/17 18:16Profile
EvangelTam

Re: if i dont have a church can i tithe to ministrie online

Yes of course I would suggest that you pray and ask God where to give and find gospel contered ministries!

Some good ones are GOspel for Asia and Voice of the Martyrs

2012/1/17 19:30Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

you can tithe to sermonindex!!

2012/1/17 21:25Profile
PrimaDogma

Re:

I dropped out of the industrial church years ago, but continue to pay my church tithe, just to show them that what concerns them does not concern me at all, namely, money; in the same way that what does not concern them concerns me infinitely, namely, Christianity.

2012/1/17 21:33Profile
EverestoSama

Re:

If God leads you, I would recommend giving (you're no longer under the law to tithe a certain percentage) to missions. They need it.

2012/1/17 21:34Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

tangible: As I study the topic of giving and tithing in the scripture I find that tithing was a mandate under the old covenant. Not only were you required to tithe (10%) but you were also commanded to give offerings. All of this amounted to over 30% of your total increase and was mandated to be given to very specific purposes. However we have had a change of covenant. In the New Covenant (New Testament) we are instructed to give (as opposed to tithing) out of a generous and joyous heart (see Colossians). We are not to give out of compulsion (in response to manipulation in feeling like we have to) or out of necessity (because it is commanded and necessary) but we are to give as we purpose in our heart. There are also times when God prompts us to give. My wife and I are in a place in our lives where we are very actively and vitally connected to the body of Christ in intimate fellowship and relationship but we are not part of a specific "church" as in the specific people in the building on Main Street. We are traveling around fellowshipping and building relationship and seeing what it is that God is doing in the body in our city. We feel that God has called us to that season. So we are not giving regularly to any one ministry. Wow, has it been wonderful. A man left our area to go to a Bible College and needed finances. We were overjoyed to help him financially. Another brother traveling through in ministry stayed with my wife and I and we sowed into what he was doing. We have a minimum we want to give each month, but we don't tithe. We give as God prompts us or as we purpose in our heart to give. We support a Bible College and get a CD each month in return. They are blessed by our giving. We are blessed by their ministry. It is a win-win and the work of the gospel is being supported. Praise God.

So my advice is to not tithe at all. Give as you desire to give joyously and generously and I might even say sacrificially as your faith allows. You will be blessed and you will not have to wrangle with the bondage of, "Am I doing this just right so that I will not be condemned." I would encourage you to research other threads here on tithing.

2012/1/18 8:07Profile
roadsign

Re:

Just curious: Why do you not have a church, tangible?
Also: Why do you sense a need to tithe?

Diane

2012/1/18 8:18Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

Walk in the Spirit, listen to the Lord, and you will not walk in condemnation. When you walk in the flesh or try to live the Christian life using the arm of the flesh (reasoning, logic, your own understanding) you will always fall short and suffer condemnation.

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him and HE WILL direct your paths.
Proverbs 3.

We make Christianity complicated when we add rules and regulations for every aspect of life.

There are ministries that have big fat handbooks on every subject related to living and they just tie people up in knots.

Pilgrim

2012/1/18 9:47Profile
tangible

new york city

Re: hey

well i just got a new job and i just wanted to know if i can tithe to an online miniistrie cause i would just go into any godly church and drop it in a bowl lol god bless you thank you for ur response

2012/1/18 15:05Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Instead of finding some church to give money to, might I suggest you find poor people among you, and bless them with your money?

2012/1/18 15:17Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy