SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Spiritual Forensics

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Spiritual Forensics

As we sojourn throughout this world as children of God, a battle to revert us back into our pre-conversion bondage is constantly being waged within our minds. The mind of a believer is like a computer database, with thousands of files surfacing within it throughout the day. Some of these files are components from old downloads flushed to the surface by something we see or hear that brings back a memory, while other times a rogue file may be injected from an outside malicious source. Although it is not necessary to determine whether a file is imported or exported to maintain an undefiled conscience, an accurate discernment of its nature is required if the Christian is to mortify it with effectiveness.

We’ve all done shameful things in our past lives while we lived for the lusts of our flesh according to the spirit of disobedience which works in all the children of Adam. Many of these past doings have become permanently embedded in our minds, the same way a computer keeps indelible tabs on someone's browsing history and everything they've downloaded. The powers of the air that control the ebbing and flowing of the world-system are forensic experts at flushing out these old files from the reserve bank of our memory. They will whisper corrupt suggestions that seem to come from your core being; the tactic behind it is to get you to think the thoughts are yours. In order to prevent a spiritual virus from developing into a stronghold, you must be able to immediately “scan” the suggestion or thought, unmask its wicked genesis, and delete it from your system.

Based on the many shameful things we’ve done before becoming Christians, there are pitfalls all over the road which we need to be aware of. It can be a song, a smell, or a photograph that pulls the computer file out from your mind’s reserve and into the forefront of your active recollection. If mortification is avoided, we can find ourselves suddenly reliving the past event in striking detail. These bouts of ghastly recollections increase over time to keep their corrupt files raw and near to the surface. Dear saints, we must be quick in our banishment of these impure ruminations. Paul himself exercised mental restraint in this area, as disclosed in the letter to the believers in Philippi: “Forgetting those things which are behind me…” (Phil. 3:13-14). One can only imagine the effort of mortification on Paul’s part to keep at bay the haunted memories of a man who once, by his own admission “breathed murder” against the followers of Christ.

There are pitfalls along the way as we follow Christ in this world, a myriad of ghosts rising to the surface to thwart our passage. The powers of hell are able to summon a thousand-and-one surmising impurities to steal your peace. If they cannot make a breach while you are awake, they will try to rape your mind while you sleep. This explains all those filthy dreams that leave you feeling so violated and sinful in the morning. The enemy knows his chances of infiltration without mortification increases significantly when the believer’s mind is wandering along in unsupervised dreamscape.

According to scripture, the mind renewed in Christ is likened as unto a weapon. “…arm yourselves likewise with the same mind…” (I Peter 4:1-2). Have you ever thought of your mind as a piece of armament, a weapon, as a means to mortify sinful impulses? The renewed mind in Christ is just that. It is with the Spirit-renewed mind that we dismantle satanic strongholds, take down ungodly imaginations and decimate anything that dare exalts itself against God’s Word (II Cor. 10:3-5).

Apart from being a mighty weapon when apprehended by the Spirit, the mind is also the channel by which scripture is transferred into the heart when it is obeyed. Once established in the heart, God’s Word becomes a fiery sword of protection. Being renewed in the spirit of your mind is akin to have a loaded cannon trained on the enemy. As soon as he attacks you with lust, a volley of living scripture explodes to repel his assualt. Remain therefore vigilant and sober and girded-up at all times. The forensic experts can surface as many files as they wish, but they will all dissolve in the face of God's truth.

My dear Christian reader, fortify your mind with God's Word and hide it well in your heart. Let God's truth dwell within you richly with all wisdom each day. Wisdom obeyed is light conveyed.

- Brother Paul

http://understandingmortification.wordpress.com/

2012/1/16 22:19Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re: Spiritual Forensics

When the Lord tests our hearts, there will be times when we fall short and miss the mark. Our response to the Lord’s chastening during these moments is very important. Conviction is used by God to foster within us a sense of value when we hear the voice of the Holy Spirit; when we fail to heed His voice, loving correction is in order. As God replaces the comfort and peace of His Spirit with a temporary wave of unrest after we disobey, it is imperative that we understand His purpose for us in the correction. His purpose is always for our good, for our spiritual advancement, and for His glory.

We will progress in stride if we but remember to always confess our faults openly and honestly. It doesn’t matter that you fall down repeatedly; God will change you, dear Christian, if you will be ruthlessly honest in blaming only yourself for your sin and crying for deliverance. God may allow you to go on like this for some time in order to develop a fierce hatred for your sin. Men who can only see your outward struggle and numerous failings in the flesh will misunderstand and judge you, but God sees your heart’s hatred for iniquity, and will begin to work quietly, slowly within your bosom with Christ-transforming grace.

And yet the rod will still continue to come down each time you fall. As it kisses your back in stinging soul-conviction, remember to look into the eyes of Jesus Christ. See His outstretched hands, allow Him to cradle you as you weep. Learn the powerful lesson that God’s love for you is not performance-based, but unconditional in the purest sense. He crafted you in your mother’s womb and saw all your failings, all your struggles, all your groanings while you were still an unborn fetus and yet chose to love you regardless. He still chose to remove Satan’s scales from your heart and reveal His Son in you at the appointed time. He allowed every trial, every upset, and every inconvenience in your life to drive you to the place where you are at this very moment.

Dear reader, do you believe this? Do you yearn to be set free from all besetting sin in your life? It is the perfect, unconditional love of God for you that extends such sin-conquering grace in your direction. If you have faith to receive it, it is yours for the asking. It is not earned; it is given freely only to the poor, the despised, the downtrodden, the despicable, the desperate, the deserted, to the most unworthy and undeserving sinners who at last take full blame for their crimes and dare believe God’s utmost deliverance is yet for them.

- Brother Paul

2012/1/17 19:22Profile
lindi1208

Re: Spiritual forensics

Brother Paul

Your posts are such a huge blessing in my life which is hidden in Christ. He is taking me down the paths of learning to identify the fiery darts of the enemy. When awake by His grace alone I am starting to sift through my thoughts and take captive every disobedient thought, pull it down and make it obedient to Christ.

I do sometimes fail to recognise them early often and have learnt to totally depend on the Holy Spirit to reveal these to me. It takes diligence which I do not possess at all but rather His strength is made perfect in my weakness. Now I have began to notice that my dreams are full of uncleanness e.g snakes, meaningless , without sense dark and unclear. I know that this is a fiery dart from the enemy to attempt to put fear in me. I sometimes pray as soon as I wake for God's protection then at other
times I just praise God and ask Him to continue to allow whatever it takes
in my life to mortify me.

How I hate it when I hear wordily music whilst out of our home and then you find the song playing in your mind: (. Absolutely despise that dart! This is just an example of how our surroundings influence our minds. I agree we need to fill our minds with His Word meditate on it all the time singing psalms and making melodies of praise and thanksgiving in our hearts. I do find the Holy Spirit always has an appropriate song for each situation that we face in our walk with Jesus. Right now my song is Christ the solid rock and Be still and know!

Looking forward to your next post brother Paul stay blessed and in His love

Lindi : )

2012/1/17 21:02Profile
Elibeth

Re:

Brother Paul ,
And lindi1208 ,
Both your writings is such a blessing to me.
Be blessed,
Elizabeth

2012/1/17 21:10Profile
brothagary

Re:

priceless exortation paul

2012/1/18 4:47Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, this is why i believe we should leave other ministers alone and not be a critic of everyone else. we are going to stand before the Lord naked and alone and we will answer for our lives and the motives behind our own behavior. others will stand and answer for their sin and motives the same way.i have enough problems dealing with my lack of perfection to worry about others.if it be not for Jesus and His love and grace and mercy, iam a dead man.jimp the Lord has directed me to pray for those who despitfully use me and for those who have fallen into sin or error.it is difficult to do this when our human nature fights hard against my flesh.

2012/1/18 11:45Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
i believe we should leave other ministers alone and not be a critic of everyone else. we are going to stand before the Lord naked and alone and we will answer for our lives and the motives behind our own behavior. others will stand and answer for their sin and motives the same way.i have enough problems dealing with my lack of perfection to worry about others

Wouldn't it be awesome if everyone adapted to this mindset? Think of the fellowship, the richness in Christian brotherhood and the edification for all that would result. The Lord led me long ago to cease from debating, criticising, striving. If someone wants to find fault with me, I just let them. If they want to dissect another person, this is where I step out of the conversation and excuse myself. What right do I have to judge another man's servant? To his own master he either stands or fall, and God is able to make him stand.

I know God is able to make him stand, because God is able to make me stand, despite all my flaws and failings. And if God is able to make me stand, God is able to do it for anyone. When we surrender to this ideal, we have peace. We stop struggling, stop trying to be right, we stop defending ourselves to the hurt of others. In terms of spiritual advancements, we make huge strides! Suddenly parts of God's Word that had been dark and hidden from us come to life with dazzling revelation. As we decrease, the light of Christ within us increases. This affords a greater spiritual visability into the deep, and life-transforming truths of God's Word.

2012/1/20 11:32Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy