SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Christianity magazine defends Driscoll interview

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
menderofnets

South Yorkshire, UK

Re:

It's because Mr Driscoll speaks about the country I live in that this has upset me. To be honest, I don't really know about how many 'good, young Bible teachers' there are in Britain today, or how many good Christians, or any other number of various peoples. I'm sure that they exist, quietly living out God's life in them in their own quiet way, with only those around them knowing it.

Could I say that I wish there were more well-known 'good' Christian leaders in Britain? Christians have had trouble with the limelight historically, and remember that letting our light shine is so that people may see our good deeds and praise our Father in Heaven.

Here's a thought though - since today we are able to know what large numbers of well-known Christian leaders are saying, and comments about them, what they say and do et al are free, where is that very fine line between being judgemental of them and being wise to what is not right (and that in God's eyes)? It is easy for anyone pointing out some error or other or highlighting concern to be labelled a legalist or pharisee or self-righteous. Thoughts anyone (or is that a fresh (if not new)) thread...?

To the original point - I do pray that there will be more and more of not just 'good, young, Bible teachers' in the UK, but more of those who know their God as much as it is possible to, whose faith lasts beyond whatever the current crisis is, who trust in Him who is faithful is a light to those stranded in darkness, in whose very weakness is shown God's perfect strength, whose selfless love shows to many the matchless love of God, and whose first and lasts thoughts of the day are fixed upon the One who stood in front of the sealed tomb of their lives, and wept.

2012/1/18 23:24Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, the main problem mr. driscoll has is that he has a sense of humor and he picks on religeous folks who do not; like his holiness prima dogma.

2012/1/19 6:32Profile
PrimaDogma

Re:

"His style is that of the vulgar colloquial varied by rant... All the most solemn mysteries of our holy religion are by him rudely, roughly, and impiously handled. Mystery is vulgarised, sanctity profaned, common sense outraged; and decency disgusted... His rantings are interspersed with coarse anecdotes that split the ears of the groundlings; and this is popularity!"

That is what the religious press had to say about Spurgeon.

The religious think that a little humor is OK, within certain parameters, but that it is irreverent to jest in the presence of a Holy God.

The truth is that God is a God of Infinite Jest, that man was created strictly for laughs, that the fall of man was a cosmic banana peel prank, that all the world's a vaudeville stage and we are merely ham actors, that Enlightment consists in getting the joke and willingly playing out our own role in the divine comedy. Satan is the spirit of gravity and seriousness is the root of all evil.

These things have been revealed to My Holiness by Direct Revelation, so no one is allowed to argue with me.

2012/1/19 7:58Profile
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Re:

Quote:
by jimp:
hi, the main problem mr. driscoll has is that he has a sense of humor and he picks on religeous folks who do not; like his holiness prima dogma.

Jimp,

EXACTLY!!! He does have a sense of humor and they do not!!

Quote:
PrimaDogma wrote:
These things have been revealed to My Holiness by Direct Revelation, so no one is allowed to argue with me.

PrimaDogma,

Be it known that I am not arguing with you!!! Thank you, thank you for the humor relief AND the stark contrast at the same time. Many people on here LOVE Spurgeon and look what the religious folk had to say about him in the day!

God bless you both!!
Lisa

2012/1/19 8:44Profile
jimp

Re:

hi,all kidding aside, i find that this situation of being self made critics that permeate the church today is a satanic victory and a dangerous situation.Jesus says if you have ought against a brother and you want to give alms,first go to that brother and get it straight between you. if you have strife between you and another brother your prayers are hindered...when a man who slept with his own family member was restored in biblical times, can we not have grace and tolerence for someone who preaches in jeans.jimp

2012/1/19 8:48Profile
EverestoSama

Re:

Quote:
.when a man who slept with his own family member was restored in biblical times

How was it that Paul said such a one was to be restored again?

Also, I don't think the main issue is with how the man dresses, unless I missed something.

2012/1/19 9:25Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, you might have missed something. bring evidece of anything else.again ,he does have a sense of humor that annoys the religeous.

2012/1/19 9:33Profile
notlongnow

Re:

Besides the fact that Mark Driscoll has made a name for himself out of mocking God, Jesus and His Word, how about we weigh Mark (and his 'sense of humour') up against this scripture:

"Let there be no filthiness, nor foolish talk, nor crude joking, which are out of place, but instead let there be thanksgiving… let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience" (Ephesians 5.4, 6).

I wish some people would be as quick and committed to defend God's honour as they are this mans honour.

2012/1/19 9:47Profile
notlongnow

Re:

As for bringing 'evidence', a quick internet search will do that for you. I for one will not repeat any of the disgusting, degrading things Mark Drisoll has said.

2012/1/19 9:49Profile
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Re:

Quote:
Besides the fact that Mark Driscoll has made a name for himself out of mocking God, Jesus and His Word, how about we weigh Mark (and his 'sense of humour') up against this scripture:

notlongnow,

I have found that those who oppose a certain preacher the strongest usually get all their fuel for their rants from heresy, (i.e. they have not listened to the first sermon). Is that true with you? Have you "listened" to one of Driscoll's sermons?

AS to your verse reference of, "Let there be no filthiness, nor foolish talk, nor crude joking, which are out of place, but instead let there be thanksgiving… let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience" (Ephesians 5.4,6).

Brother, since you have passed judgment on this man, you now need to make quite sure that NONE of those things EVER pass from your lips during your life time or you yourself will be judged guilty... "For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." (Matt 7.2)

God bless,
Lisa

2012/1/19 10:30Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy