SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : POLL - Fellowship or Not?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
PrimaDogma

Re:

Yes, I am in Pontiac, Michigan, aka Vatican West, where I run a dojo and teach Combat Theology.

Anyway, this thread is a little too irenic for me. I am more at home in something like the "damnable heresy" thread, which I have left in smoking ruins.

2012/1/15 21:53Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, we all need what prima dogma has.

2012/1/16 15:51Profile
ArtB

New York

Re:

You have a good sense of humor PrimaDogma, LOL. Since I disagree with everyone on every topic, even those who agree with me, therefore I am most interested in your 'Combat Theology' course, when and where can I sign up? :)

2012/1/16 19:26Profile
PrimaDogma

Re:

You are just the kind of man we're looking for! I too am a Holy Warrior. I really only feel fulfilled when I am swinging the Battle Axe of Truth into someone's face.

Normally, weak men look on in awe and cower under my thunderous argumentation. But on this forum, the forces of heresy are virtually indestructible. I cut a heretic into a thousand pieces and every slice wants to keep arguing with me. I sometimes feel like Don Quixote: just as I am about to deal the final blow to a giant, some enchanter turns it into a windmill. If you want to be my sidekick, you might end up getting blanket-tossed like Sancho Panza.

Just letting you know what you might be in for if you join me on the Dogma Enforcement Squad.

2012/1/16 19:46Profile
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re: Combat Theology

You guys are singing a tune I like!

I have always been fascinated by that gospel phrase, the reference for which I am too lazy to look up right now, that says "men of violence take it by force."

I see Paul swinging that axe thingy in II Cor 5 where he says "We destroy arguments, and every proud obstacle that exalts itself against the knowledge of Christ."

It is war, is it not? In War 101, the aggressor makes the rules. We have to be smarter, stronger, more committed- and above all be using better weapons.

2012/1/16 19:58Profile

Re:

I haven't been in Church since 2004. I fellowship here and there as the Spirit leads me, but it's not weekly. I am more of a hermit than anything. I have online friends that I fellowship. My work prohibits me from having anytime in Church as Sunday I do a double shift and during the week I work during the evening. I don't miss Church fellowship at all as I never really got anything out of it even when I had given into it, I was more a fly on the wall when I was there, but I did love being around Gods people even when I didn't join in, it was a delight just being around them. When I do see one here and there, we have a great time. I love in house fellowships and prayer meetings when they are available. I don't despise Church services, I just can't go to them at this time, beside, I wouldn't know where to go if I could go.

Thanks for asking the poll question.

2012/1/16 23:34
jimp

Re:

hi, to answer the poll, i have been with 2 churches that have cell groups and i think these work very well in evangelism and helps in the areas that they are in. i loved the format of the large church and the small also.jimp

2012/1/17 6:47Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re: POLL - Fellowship or Not?

Quote:
wendio wrote:
I was wondering if you wouldn't mind responding about fellowship - do you attend a church? home fellowship? small group? bible study? or no fellowship? or none of the above?

Again, I'm just curious where the Body of Christ is at and what the Lord is doing in peoples lives these days.

When I lived in Ohio, I only went to one church from when I was converted and when I moved to East TN, I don’t know what it is but I’ve been to several. I did go to a church from 2002 or 3 to 2007 where there are cell /life groups and the one I was in grew into a huge family of 23 but the pastor couldn’t stand it that everyone loved that cell group and I think he was afraid of us breaking off and forming another church (like he did to his previous church); so from there I tried another church from about 2008 to 2009 to no avail. I visit every a church every once in awhile but I work all day on most Sundays so I haven’t had a steady “home” church yet.

The church I went to in Ohio meets in KY (3 hours away), once a month for Sat and Sun meeting and I always try to make the Sat night meeting! Also, I fellowship with the female inmates at our local county jail once a week (or twice) with music and teaching and I call that church and even they do to!

Quote:
pilgrim777 wrote:
But most of all, I talk to Him and He talks to me.

I understand this completely and agree with you! To God be all the glory!!

God bless,
Lisa

2012/1/17 8:54Profile
jimp

Re:

dear prima dogma, i have finally found someone worthy to be my assistant and would train you here at the papacy of the south,baton rouge.

2012/1/17 13:20Profile
PrimaDogma

Re:

Wendio,

Since I hijacked this thread and then led it in no particular direction, it is my duty to bump it back up so that maybe you'll get some more responses. It is an interesting question.

jimp,

And what would my job title be, Vice Pope?

I have a feeling that our working relationship would be about as harmonious as a partnership between Attila the Hun and Vlad Drakul.

2012/1/17 21:44Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy