SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Is the denial of the eternal Sonship of Christ a damnable heresy?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 )
PosterThread
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Jig. What I read from what you just posted, is men trying to figure out the Lord using human reasoning. What they fail at (in my opinion) is that they do not take into account the sovereignty of the Lord (on this subject at least).

They are trying to understand the Lord's way through human eyes and human understanding. This is always destined to fail.

2012/1/26 11:12Profile

Re: Lyle

Hmm. It was up last night. I can only get the homepage.
I downloaded the article but it has this at the bottom ...
© 1997-2012 by Christian Courier Publications. All rights reserved. ISSN: 1559-2235.

Does that mean that we can't post his articles?

I haven't checked out any of his other articles - but just found it interesting to do a Search on this topic since this topic came up. I didn't even know what these two teachings were called - as one could see at the beginning of this thread. I called it "conception-sonship".
Learn something everyday.

I know when you post a link to a website, that the owners normally check out who's quoting them. There's other articles like those online. Maybe if we do a search on the title ... "Was Jesus the “Son of God” Eternally?" by this author, it may come up elsewhere?

Ah, just did the search and found the "cached" link by that title & author.
The link doesn't work when I post it. Need to get it off of the search. I did the search with yahoo.

Hope the first line of my post didn't scare the man.

I don't believe those men are going or are in Hell. I figured you guys knew that. Wasn't thinking of how outsiders would take it.
My point was not to 'convince' anyone to see things "my" way - but just to put out a caution of being too quick to assign believers to hell without doing some SERIOUS background through the ECF, Etc..

Thank you for the heads-up, Brother Lyle.

2012/1/26 11:33

Re:

Hi Brother Miccah, whenever I did find articles on this, since this thread started - they seem to all go back to the ECFs and than finally to Rome and what happened under Constantine's involvement in the church and the creed written during his reign.

I didn't know any of what others believed about this until this thread, except the little of the John MacArthur part - I heard maybe a year ago. I figured it was just me.
It began with me when I was studying Revelation 21.
That's when I began to just cross-reference all the prophecies in the New to the Old Testament's and searching the Old Testament for all the Scripture on the coming Messiah. His First and Second Advents.

I don't feel it's a sin to search out a matter. I don't watch TV etc so I love doing studies with the Bible Computer Programs and doing word-studies and all.

I believe we can study and 'search' until He comes and He surely wouldn't say that we can find better things to do with our time - in between evangelism.

Blessings to you and yours. How's the twins?

2012/1/26 11:52

Re:

Quote:
Hi Brother Miccah, whenever I did find articles on this, since this thread started - they seem to all go back to the ECFs and than finally to Rome and what happened under Constantine's involvement in the church and the creed written during his reign.

Do any go back to the Holy Spirit, or should we just default to Google as our ultimate guide?

OJ

2012/1/26 17:50
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Quote:
How's the twins?

They sleep, eat and poop. :-)

They are a blessing from the Lord. It actually is easier then I thought it would be, but I guess when you have 4 other children as well, it kind of makes it easier.

Blessings!

2012/1/26 17:57Profile

Re:

**They are a blessing from the Lord. It actually is easier then I thought it would be, but I guess when you have 4 other children as well, it kind of makes it easier.**

Six??? Easier? Wow, GOD Has Blessed you two.

Praise The LORD!
Will keep ya'll on my prayer list even the more now. \o/

2012/1/26 20:08

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy