SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : In regards to Pastor Rod Parsley and the comments about hiom and other top tv evangelists...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
lovenote

In regards to Pastor Rod Parsley and the comments about hiom and other top tv evangelists...

I do understand why people get all upset about Pastors such as these, being extreme and living a very wealthy life because most people think all Pastors, preachers, evanglists ect. should be living a very conservative life without luxuries and wealth! They are ignorant to really know gods word, if they read enough and studied the whole bible they would see that many of gods chosen phrophets were greatly blessed not only with an anointing but with wealth, riches, good health, etc. ! more abudance of everything they could possible need or want. Just one example is King David. They dedicated their heart to god and put him first in their lives and god knows the heart. I find nothing wrong with pastors being blessed in their ministry,while they are preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ all over the world, everyday, traveling around,in places we will never go to. Everyday of there life is going about the fathers business, preaching, teaching,spreading the word. Not all are called to do the same thing. There are many gifts, we are all uniquie in the body of Christ. I say god bless them for reaching so many people in this troubled lost world. People have no problem with a football player making millions of dollars running a ball around a field but have a real issue with an pastor or preacher telling them to repent and turn their lives over to the Lord Jesus Christ and because they are making money, its seems to offend them.

2012/1/13 18:36Profile
Lovefirst

Lake Charles, LA

Re: In regards to Pastor Rod Parsley and the comments about hiom and other top tv eva

Rod Parsley made me upset when I was lost, I can't even tolerate him now. Not that I hate him but the gospel isn't being preached by him. Prosperity gospel, yes, but that will not save you. Old testament taught that obediance to God brings prosperity, we see a change in the New Testament. All twelve disciples of Christ left everything they had to follow Him, Jesus. After Jesus spoke to the rich young ruler they asked what they will get for leaving everything. Paul considered everything he had prior to meeting Jesus as nothing, even his knowledge. My friend you seem to be venting and searching for something.

2012/1/13 19:55Profile
learjet

Re: In regards to Pastor Rod Parsley and the comments about hiom and other top tv eva

Quote:
They are ignorant to really know gods word, if they read enough and studied the whole bible they would see that many of gods chosen phrophets were greatly blessed not only with an anointing but with wealth, riches, good health, etc.

Actually, we know the word very well, we understand that we are not living in the Old Covenant, we understand that Kind David, Solomon and Abraham are not our examples. All of these great men looked forward to Jesus.

Was Jesus rich? When He was done with His ministry on Earth did He die rich?

How about the Apostles? Did they die rich?

No, they all died poor, they could not justify getting offerings from poor people and then living opulent lifestyles, they had consciences unlike the mega-ministries of today.

Watch this news report about mega-ministries: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ9oBCLwwL0

How do you feel after watching it? If you feel grieved, why?

It's a sad day when a secular news outlet knows more about the heart and spirit of Christ than the people who go to these churches. It's a sad day when unbelievers would tell you 'hey that guy is all about money' and people in these churches don't recognize it, they are deceived.

We actually know the Word very well.

2012/1/13 20:02Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

My take on this is, there has been rich and poor since man was first on earth, and there will always be. Rather it's Sports Figures, Pastors, Lawyers, Doctors, I don't care. My Dad used to tell me, "if a man is making an honest living, it's none of our business how wealthy he is". I still believe in that statement, I have a hard enough time minding my own business, no time for others business.

2012/1/13 21:08Profile
savedman

Grace and peace to you in lord Jesus our lord just to comment real quick I think we should live modesty and if we were being so greatly blessed it's only because God wants us to bless others some pastors and preachers put way too much emphasis on giving it's like any Christian should know about giving and tithing and if the church of that pastor or preacher was blessed and anointed by God all things would fall into place he wouldn't have to get on TVs and beg Leonard Ravenhill said this "I look at the church in the new testament they didn't have alot of money they didn't have stately buildings they couldn't get on tv and beg they didn't have paid evangelist but I'll tell you what they did they turned the world upside down!!! If that doesn't give you goose bumps what will the thing is if you are getting all this money and your living according to the will of God your going to be so caught in giving, ministering and supporting missionaries that you wouldnt have time for all that stuff God gives so you can give that is of course after you take care of your families needs may the LORD bless you in Jesus name

2012/1/14 3:23Profile
lylewise

Celina, Texas

Re:

Lovenote, I love your call sign. Welcome to SI. When I came to Christ this site brought me nourishment and it does today as well. The men and women through thousands of recordings have left us with a legacy of Holy Spirit inspired messages. These are men and women who have seen a glimpse of the Almighty and have been changed in such a way, that they count wealth as rubbish, and instead, seek the wealth of Christ. Two thousand years ago Christ was exposing men to what prevented them from true wealth. He never spoke about amassing riches except in the negative. If you listen to the sermons gathered here, you will come to see that there are those who are sold out for Christ and their words identify this. They will point to Christ and a separation from those things that distract us from our Lord and Savior. I won't labor attacking men who love money, for their actions give them away. The problem is there is practically no discernment to observe the obvious. Seek the truth of Christ and qualify anyone you listen to by how much they point away from the things of this world and point to the true treasure, that is Christ.

2012/1/22 13:26Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, i have only been saved for 48 years and feel i have not the experience or the intimate personal knowledge of any of the preachers to criticize them for they all will stand ;like me,before a Holy God.

2012/1/22 15:02Profile
learjet

Re:

Quote:

hi, i have only been saved for 48 years and feel i have not the experience or the intimate personal knowledge of any of the preachers to criticize them for they all will stand ;like me,before a Holy God.

Hi jimp,

What are you going to say when the Lord asks you why you didn't warn people of deception?

Read 1 and 2 Timothy and look how many times Paul warns Timothy about 'false teachers' first by the term 'false teachers' and then a few by name. We have a responsibility to warn people about these things, it's called LOVE. We love them enough to speak the truth.

Would you drive down the street in the middle of the night, see a fire at a house that you know hasn't been called into the fire department and just keep going? Or would you run into the building to make sure the people were awakened and removed safely? How would you feel the next day when you watched the news and found out that people died as the result of your silence? It's really that simple.

What kind of 'intimate personal knowledge' do you need to point out a false teaching? It's not the man that is the problem, it's the 'principle' that is being spewed forth by a 'principality and power' and it's damaging tens of thousands of people.

Principalities defend ungodly principles, that's what this means:

Quote:
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. -Ephesians 6:12

Your point is that we can't even talk about the principle, meanwhile this thing that we can't talk about is destroying lives.

2012/1/22 16:42Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, first of all i would have to be haughty enough to believe that i had the whole truth and was no t at all deceived myself, than i would have to know the motives a man had. after that i would have to obey the bible and go to him personally in love. after i do that i would have to lift that man or woman up to God in prayer so that the Holy Spirit would have time to convict him of his errors. God has given me grace in abundance for i have not always been as perfect as i am now...pshaw..i am going to warn only those i pastor or have established authority over, like my family and converts that i desciple.jimp

2012/1/22 17:31Profile
learjet

Re:

Quote:
hi, first of all i would have to be haughty enough to believe that i had the whole truth and was no t at all deceived myself, than i would have to know the motives a man had. after that i would have to obey the bible and go to him personally in love. after i do that i would have to lift that man or woman up to God in prayer so that the Holy Spirit would have time to convict him of his errors. God has given me grace in abundance for i have not always been as perfect as i am now...pshaw..i am going to warn only those i pastor or have established authority over, like my family and converts that i desciple.jimp

I'll agree to disagree, maybe it's just the difference in between what the Lord has called each of us to? I just wanted you to know that I respect your opinion on the matter.

Much grace and love!

2012/1/22 20:12Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy