SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : My Grief over this forum....time to close?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
staff

Re:

Hi,
I am beginning to think I am not as in tune or sensitive with the Holy Spirit as most people on this forum but I dont see the problem.
To me this forum like the rest of sermonindex has excelled.
Gordon and the moderators are walking on new ground from a christian point of view and are doing an excellant job.
Just because a thread has offended doesnt mean the teaching was wrong or even if he was that it was intentional.
Their are only a few issues I believe that should stop us fellowshiping together,issues like deity of Christ,Atonement,the Godhead,Grace not works, etc.
This web and forum is a blessing to those who dont attend church regularly or not at all.The sermons alone without the forum are like a body without a mouth,Yours Staff

2012/1/13 16:34Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

I would think if you were mastering self-control and gentleness in real life you would have no problem online.

You would think. But, in "real life" people tend to have better social graces than they do online, mostly due to peer pressure and the accountability that comes with looking somebody dead in the eyes and saying what you really think. Some people are bold and outspoken online due to haboring repressed feelings in real life. In real life, they have a tendency to go with the flow and conform to the crowd.

In my opinion, it is rare to meet somebody who is exactly the same online as they are in person.

2012/1/13 16:34Profile
sarahsdream

Re:

Then that man's religion is vain.

You should be in Christ online or offline.

In Christ,
Sarah

2012/1/13 16:43Profile

Re:

I think part of the problem can be unforgiveness and bitterness, it mostly comes from the immature. They use comments as weapons to seek justice for themselves. Yet, most of the brothers and sisters on here are people who are not judgemental, who are quick to forgive and think the best of their brothers and sisters. To me, this is one of the keys to living an authentic Christian life, a life without guile. One should be exactly the same on the forum as they are in person, for good or for bad. One of the greatest compliments a pastor or someone in ministry can receive, in my opinion, is for people to say that the guy in the pulpit is the same guy in the home and everywhere...........brother Frank

2012/1/13 17:03
roadsign

Re:

Here’s my take on Sarah’s thoughts:

Quote:
I would think if you were mastering self-control and gentleness in real life you would have no problem online.

But you say the real test is how we do online.

Sarah, It seems easier to be in-hospitable towards fellow SIers than to our friends - and amazingly not sense any guilt pangs. I suspect it is related to the human tendency to “objectify” people - see them less as flesh and blood people than as objects to manipulate (what we do with things). And really, that is all we see: things - typed words on a screen. So our posts talk back and forth with each other and may even engage in an enticing game of cyber war.

Yet we are real flesh and blood people, and the “one-another” exhortations apply here too. I find this particular "assignment" astronomically more difficult to fulfill. We don’t have the usual clues – facial expressions, body language, tone of voice…. – never mind other aspects of one’s personhood. Meanwhile our minds are going a mile a minute on some delicious topic.

Diane

2012/1/13 17:06Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Myself has always found it fascinating that we tend to be drawn to participate in threads and topics that has been debated for 2000 years by much more spiritual men and women then we are, men and women that walked so close to God and they yet to find a satisfying answer to the topics we tend to dwell on...

and yet we have literally thousands of threads that has pure gold in them and zero replies, it id because in us we have a fleshly tendency to participate in that wich satisfies the flesh instead of mortifying it, it is much more pleasing to our flesh to partake in a fiery discussion on calvinism vs arminiansim, legalism vs grace, the sabbath, eternal security vs holiness doctrines etc.

All these are GOOD and NEEDED topics i encourage all to deeply study, but!

there is something about the human way of interact, something of pride that draws us in, sucks us right nto it, and a post in the devotional section that in hevanely ways describes the love of christ to us or some other eternal topic to big for us to ever comprehend even i million years into eternity... these topics we skip and do not reply to.

We need to ask us why are responding to the threads we do? why do weclick on the threadnames we know has a "provocative" headline? what IN ME makes me drawn to these threads?

instead to the "heavenly" topics....

There are sermons and articles, post in this website that literally has had me groaning on my face down, made me weep for joy, rejoice in such ways i felt unworthy to even breathe the air God created into my sinful vessel of a body.

yet i tend still to be drawn to that wich speaks to my flesh, this mortifying and daily death i need still to fight every day, and yet every day as i come to SI there is a opportunity to either engage my flesh or my spirit.

we all face that choice when we come on sermonindex.

what do you chose and more important? why?

let us judge ourselves, it is "we" that make sermonindex what it is, or what the forum is.

May Gods bless our every word with eternitys worth wheter it be in "real" life or online.

brother christian

2012/1/13 17:45Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: My Grief over this forum....time to close?

i will link all to this, the problem and solution lies in the link here http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=42710&forum=35

2012/1/13 17:50Profile

Re:

SI sometimes is my homepage as well.

I will have it as my homepage if I am active on the site, but sometimes I get too active and I will change my homepage so I don't go there immediately when I come online. From time to time I'll change it back, right now it's not. That is one way that I curb from coming here too much. I try to moderate myself from posting too much.

2012/1/13 19:42
sarahsdream

Re:

Quote:
Yet we are real flesh and blood people, and the “one-another” exhortations apply here too. I find this particular "assignment" astronomically more difficult to fulfill. We don’t have the usual clues – facial expressions, body language, tone of voice…. – never mind other aspects of one’s personhood. Meanwhile our minds are going a mile a minute on some delicious topic.

Thank you Diane.

I wonder also if the moderators were more engaged in actual conversations if the SI environment would be the same or different? Or maybe they would see how "astronomically difficult" our "assignment" is if they suffered the same misunderstandings and troubles that some of us who are trying to communicate clearly are encountering. One can only surmise.

Communication which is made more difficult by any number of factors.

Possibly the moderators are very much like the rest of us, afterall. Misunderstood. And so they don't engage as much. It can take a toll on anyone and then you just want to withdraw.

In Christ,
Sarah

2012/1/13 22:04Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
sarahsdream....I wonder also if the moderators were more engaged in actual conversations if the SI environment would be the same or different?

Personally, a place like SI and the character of members that come here, we really should not even have the need for Mods.
Real Christians should be able to moderate themselves.

2012/1/13 22:34Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy