SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : My Grief over this forum....time to close?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
hulsey

Missouri

Re:

I'm on SI most of the time when I'm online. It's my homepage. Yet I rarely post here anymore. I've been a member of SI almost from its beginning and was a moderator at one point.

I wish the forums reflected the heart of this site and that is the sermon archive. Sometimes I think that the most active posters never listen to the sermons and rarely venture into the sermon download section. It was that area of SI that changed the tenor of my posts. I would hope that the forums on SI were a place where folks discussed what they were listening too from the archive. It's been my wish for some time that the sermons were more predominantly displayed on the home screen and the forum less.

2012/1/13 12:46Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Dear RobertW and Compton,

Thank you for your posts and I appreciate the difficult job you have in trying to moderate. I do thank God for your advice and hope that you do feel free to have more input into these discussions in future as I am sure it is not out of order for you to bring correction when it is needed. SI does have a statement of faith and as such it could be made clear, without being too heavy handed.

To the others, thank you also for your comments. I agree with MrBill that the topics that we should be discussing (e.g. Jesus Christ and Him crucified) do not get much response.

MaryJane, In no way did I think of you or anything you have posted. I appreciate your kind heart and it is obvious from your posts you do walk with the Lord.

2012/1/13 12:48Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Hi Hulsey,

Just seen your post. I agree the sermons here on SI can be life changers!

Maybe somehow it could be possible to have more discussions on these sermons, that's a good suggestion.

Take care.

2012/1/13 12:56Profile
sarahsdream

Re:

Just to add some balance. I have come across many posts that have contained life-changing truths. Some of the latest posts, with a little patience, have been very good.

God continues to speak...in many ways. Through very good, old sermons and the lives of His children, TODAY!

I appreciate all of it. My own opinion is that if you were to make a rule that all discussion should be confined to posted sermons, then many more would leave. The Moderators would not be able to post non-sermon related posts anymore, either.

In Christ,
Sarah

2012/1/13 13:14Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

I once talked over the phone to somebody who frequents these forums. Though it's been a few years, and my memory is a little fuzzy, they said something to me to the effect that they hadn't listened to more than 5 or so sermons on Sermon Index in the years they've been involved. Yet, they have frequently posted on these boards over the years, and they have even frequented the revival conferences as well. I even met them at the one and only conference I ever attended.

I have always found such very sad. While I have been a frequent contributor to SI over the years, and am always looking to be a blessing to others, I have always come primarily for the purpose of learning, and growing deeper in my faith. Some of the sermons on this site have truly touched my life in a remarkable way. And some of the contributors on these forms have touched me as much as any sermon I have ever listened to.

I have listened to several hundred messages... if not more. My life has never been the same since I discovered what is one of few Christian websites I actually visit on the web. And while I sometimes go through periods of complete absence, I always find myself being drawn back for more.

I would say that the forms do seem a little bit more rough these days though. And the absurd points of views some people hold to amaze me. But, I've posted on here long enough to know that there are as was said earlier, "ebbs and flows" in content. I hope this site or this forum never close.

And hopefully some of you send brother Greg Gordon a few bucks every now and then to ensure it never does :-)

2012/1/13 14:15Profile

Re: My Grief over this forum....time to close?

"I am not interested in debating any of these subjects any more with you on this thread, so don't even start."

Actually brother it's not just Sermon Index, it's everything.

SI is one of those places that is very much like Church to me. Oh they say in the rules that it's not a Church, regardless of that, the Church still gathers here.

What you need brother is to shut down the computer and put it away for a couple of weeks, it sounds like your battle weary more than anything.

We all get that way. Yes things get said, but that is the way of life while we are in this life. But that doesn't mean we need to put up with it, we can move away from the source of grief and get some rest.

Go get some rest from the Internet and life itself Brother.

2012/1/13 15:00
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
Go get some rest from the Internet and life itself Brother.

And if the Lord is beckoning you into your “closet” – may he revive you with overflowing joy, hope, and love.

“I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.”
Ephesians 3: 16-19

2012/1/13 15:20Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

A note from somebody who has spent much time, in good and bad ways "battling" with others online, I must say, if you can master self-control and gentleness on here, you can master it in anywhere. And if you can't show it here, it's only a matter of time before you demonstrate what's in your heart in "real life." I still have much more to grow. But if I were 19 years old again, I'm pretty sure I would've been banned from Sermon Index many times over. I would've probably even been one of those creepy people who continually make new handles even though they've been sent into exile many times. God's used places like this to stretch and grow my character over the years.

2012/1/13 15:33Profile
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re:

I do hope that God's will is done in regards to this matter - whether it be shutting the forum down, modifying it, or keeping it the same.
I'll be honest though - I, too, have felt the same way a few times over the past few yrs... But, as I said, whatever the Lord speaks to Greg, I am with that counsel.
These forums do many good things and this though - they show the hearts of many - where they are in their own walk with Christ, if, at all they are walking with Him. It has shown me even many things about my own heart, and I am thankful for that.
Many of the sermons though carry within them a heart for God, and a love for the God of the Word - and that is indeed a beautiful thing.
Heydave, God be with you, working in you what is good and pleasing to Him. May you go from faith to faith, strength to strength, and grace to grace in Him.
May the Lord grant Mr Gordon wisdom and understanding even more in abudance as to these matters. May the Lord fill him with all goodness and blessedness in Christ Jesus for His Name's sake, providing him also with Godly counsel, surrounding him, his wife, and baby with brothers and sisters sold-out to God, blessing them in all spiritual and in all necessary material blessings.
Whatever it takes to build love, faith, and unity in the body - may it be done for the glory of God, and may these coming days be even richer in Christ, that we become even more a blessing to others - a great Light atop a hill, and salt with much savor - may the Lord make it ten-fold, yea 100 fold a vision of fruit of what this website is capable of doing in the hearts of the unconverted, that all comers sign off from this website with a greater passion and love for God, and say also within themselves, "I indeed sensed the Love of God amongest its members today."

2012/1/13 15:53Profile
sarahsdream

Re:

Quote:
A note from somebody who has spent much time, in good and bad ways "battling" with others online, I must say, if you can master self-control and gentleness on here, you can master it in anywhere.

That is an astounding statement in this respect.

I would think if you were mastering self-control and gentleness in real life you would have no problem online.

But you say the real test is how we do online.

I am thinking about that...

In Christ,
Sarah

2012/1/13 16:10Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy