SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Christianity is Not a Book Religion

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Well said Krispy.

2012/1/12 13:38Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

Whoa boys! Let's discuss not accuse.

First off, there are limitations on women. But, my understanding of your statements is that you don't think women can teach, period.

So, maybe I misunderstood. I also see the limits from scripture, but my point is that men can take the following scriptures and be dogmatic to the point where women cannot teach in any other function. Do you understand what I mean? Surely, you understand how dogmatic men can be with the Bible and restrict other's freedoms in Christ.

I do not throw away the following scriptures, but let's not make straw men against each other.

I Cor. 11:2-16 - "I want you to understand that Christ is the head of every man, and the man is the head of a woman, and God is the head of Christ. Every man who has something on his head while praying or prophesying, disgraces his head. But every woman who has her head uncovered while praying or prophesying, disgraces her head..."

I Cor. 14:33-36 - "Let the women keep silent in the churches; for they are not permitted to speak, but let them subject themselves, just as the Law says. And if they desire to learn anything, let them ask their own husbands at home; for it is improper for a woman to speak in church."

I Tim. 2:9-15 - "Let a woman quietly receive instruction with entire submissiveness. But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet..."

I Tim. 3:2 - "An overseer must be...the husband of one wife..."

Titus 1:6 - "elders...the husband of one wife..."

Who here is going to say that unless a woman has some kind of hat on her head when she meets with other Christians, she is in sin? Do you see what I mean?

Who here is going to say that Jackie Pullinger is in sin for teaching men?

Or Elisabeth Elliot or Gladys Alward or sisters on this forum are in sin, for teaching men?

Will any of you step forward and call these women as being in sin?

Do you understand how dogmaticism hurts the Body of Christ?

Great talking with you,
Pilgrim

2012/1/12 13:50Profile

Re:

Quote:
I do not throw away the following scriptures, but let's not make straw men against each other.

Isnt that what you have done to us?

Man, I need a GPS and a Rand-McNally road atlas to keep up with you. You're not even making sense anymore. If you want to discuss women teaching there is another thread for that.

I'm busy.. I've said what needs to be said. I'm headed back into seclusion now. Adios and Aloha.

Krispy

2012/1/12 14:00
pilgrim777

Re:

Yeah, I did not bring up women on this thread. I am with you, it should go back to the proper thread.

Have a great day and thanks for joining in. I like much of what you said.

Pilgrim

2012/1/12 14:02Profile

Re:

Quote:
Or Elisabeth Elliot

I'd like to clear this up for her sake. She never "taught men". She was my mentor on this one topic and what she taught was - her ministry was to women alone, but men enjoyed her radio programs and books and would contact her saying so and she said that it was their own choice to listen in or read her books - but she said, that that was their choice to listen to her radio program or read her books.

When asked to speak at a Church - she would not accept any invitation to speak in the morning servive, because she said that the morning service was only for the men to break The Word of Life for the people - but if the Pastor still wanted her to speak, she would accept an evening fellowship.
She did not believe in women teaching men. She believed that men were the authority in The Church and the ones to preach The Word to the congregation.

GOD Bless her in her retirement. She is greatly loved.

2012/1/12 14:08
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

hmmmm...

2012/1/12 14:10Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

Thanks for clearing that up.

I loved her books, so she taught this man.

If I was dogmatic, I never would read a book by a Christian woman, right?

Pilgrim

2012/1/12 14:10Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

If you want to be dogmatic, you should also not turn your lights on/stoke the fire during the sabbath, right?

Come now...

2012/1/12 14:15Profile

Re:

Quote:
I loved her books, so she taught this man.

Ah, we may have hit the crux of that verse now about teaching and "usurping authority" - it lies in the matter of "choice".

If a man walks into a Church and a woman is behind the pulpit and he has not choice but to leave his Church or listen to her - that's "usurping authority over men".

I can think of two sisters on this forum alone, that have wonderful websites and the Brothers here can either go there or not go there. Just like on a forum - they can read a Sister's thoughts or pass over them - but the only authority she has is what lines up with His Word for whatever she says and none within herself.

His Word never goes out void - but when whatever position she's in, if men have no choice but to leave if a woman's teaching - than that's usurping authority.

Does that make sense?

2012/1/12 15:01
pilgrim777

Re:

Exactly, Miccah. There are no true Sabbath keepers according to the Letter.

Life is found in the true Sabbath. He is our Sabbath (Rest).

2012/1/12 15:09Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy