SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Does SermonIndex Promote Specific Ministries Over Others?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Does SermonIndex Promote Specific Ministries Over Others?

Brothers and Sisters,

I felt though the comments of some that I wanted to clarify the position this site has towards promoting "certain" speakers. Since the beginning of the website ministry the Lord has guided faithfully towards certain speakers at times to promote a certain emphasis or truth. Many of the speakers on the Featured Audio Sermons Page: ( http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/ ) or Podcast ( http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=161123223 ) have more of a prophetic gifting towards correction needed in the Church overall. This gifting is a blessing to the body of Christ to edify and rebuke were needed in certain areas of apostasy or lukewarmness. In my mind SermonIndex has many teachers that have been open to the call of God on their life to speak what the Lord told them to speak no matter how many agree.

Thus throughout these 9 years I have trusted the Lord to put certain speakers on my heart from time to time to promote to bring back some truth or some needed rebuke to the church in general especially in the west (north America). This does not mean that SermonIndex does not promote the local church nor verse by verse bible teaching. It is actually opposite that we want the local church to be heathy and we see the local church pastor as one of the most important callings to the church.

I have felt that certain ministry pulpits of Carter Conlon (David Wilkerson), Zac Poonen, Paul Washer, A.W. Tozer, Leonard Ravenhill and many more have been fearless to proclaim the truth of God in the midst of a majority that would not agree with them.

I am simply privildged to stand behind these brothers and amen their proclamation of the truth of Christ in days where it is needed so badly. I do admit to not being balanced in the promotion of certain speakers but trust the Lord has been and continues to be able to minister balance to local churches and His saints.

Will SermonIndex always promote a more negative, corrective message to the Church? I do not feel this has been the case fully and God willing will not be in the future. We do desire to see the Church edified not only by the rebuke or correction word but also by the word of "comfort".

Thank you for your continued prayers, There are some great brothers and sisters that have good input into this ministry. And there is a wonderful group of brothers that moderate the forums and help in many ways. We thank you for your prayers for all including myself and my wife that we hear and follow the leading of the Lord.

Satan loves to bring confusion and discouragement to a work of the Lord. And we recognize that when this is happening it validates the work is from God.

The Lord started this ministry (where I had no personal ambition to be involved in it or start something) And the Lord will be faithful to complete it.

2012/1/8 22:35Profile

Re: Does SermonIndex Promote Specific Ministries Over Others?

Quote:
Will SermonIndex always promote a more negative, corrective message to the Church? I do not feel this has been the case fully and God willing will not be in the future. We do desire to see the Church edified not only by the rebuke or correction word but also by the word of "comfort".

There's tons of text and audio messages that "comfort" as well. I've always seen that balance.

I do miss that little picture in my address bar though :)

I'm not sure what to say, except I am very grateful for the messages that have been made available here - Very.

I think right now I'm more concerned with how Brandy is doing, so I'm probably on the wrong thread, but just wanted to stand in the gap against any misconceptions about the messages and speakers offered here. Great Balance.

GOD is Good. That thought must sustain and the verses in my signature are true - we can bank on it!

Keep The Faith. We'll see when we see Him, that He was in control all along and it wasn't just a nice poem about foot prints in the sand.

GOD Bless!

2012/1/8 22:54
MichaelLiao

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Hey Brother Greg,

I actually felt the same today about this issue simply because of the terms Law and Grace. I realized that for the last two years of my life, even though I've been hit with the truth many times, a lot of the times I turned it into a law where I try in my own strength to follow what the preacher says. It is very possible for either a believer or an unbeliever to fall into the danger of legalism and I don't think the Lord wants that, for the ultimate purpose of God's will is just Christ and Christ alone; just for us to be lovers of Christ, and all the evidence of salvation would naturally flow out. The last two years of my life, I didn't realize that the purpose of the preacher preaching "the hard way" is just simply for us to be honest with God, that we cannot fulfill any of it and that we must look to Christ for our salvation, justification, regeneration etc. In all honesty, I tried to live out God's word on my own yet my heart wanted to contrary. I wasn't living honestly before God, only until the Lord showed me Psalm 51:6, "Behold, You delight in truth in the inward being, and you teach me wisdom in the secret heart." God was happy when I finally came clean with Him, that I couldn't live up to the Word and that I couldn't live up to what the preacher says, and by His grace I'm being set free from bondage to the law towards just enjoying Christ. Now am I advocating antinomianism, absolutely NOT! But I believe that if we do have some love, grace, and mercy messages on SermonIndex, then we will get the full picture of who God is and that we can enjoy Christ FULLY. His love and our enjoyment of Him will naturally cause us to be holy, for love is the fulfillment of the law. Our eyes will switch from "Am I holy enough? Am I good enough? (which is really idolatry)", towards Christ, who IS all of these things, for He is All in all. No longer is holiness an obligation, but it is something we REALLY want, because of who Christ is. Well, this is just what I felt in my heart, knowing how I've been stuck in trying to be like Paul Washer, Zac Poonen, or even trying to live up to that standard on my own. They really laid the law on me, but praise be to God, I got crushed under the law, in order to be married to Christ. I praise God for these brothers and I amen their messages as well, but of course a balance must be made in order that Christ may be seen by all who believe, for God's ultimate will is simply Christ.

In Jesus' Name,

Amen

- Michael Liao

2012/1/8 23:08Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Hi Greg,

Quote:

I imagine that I am not alone in saying that I have found that correction can be a powerful encouragement!

"Correction," when motivated by a deep abiding love for Christ, is a form of life-changing love to those who want to be closer to God. After all, the Lord disciplines those He loves (Revelation 3:19; Hebrews 12:6).

I remember having attended a particular congregation where I felt so little meaningful "encouragement" for over a year. It wasn't that people didn't greet me or pray for me; rather, it was that I didn't feel the Word of the Lord that is motivated by seeing all people lay this world aside in desperation to know Him. Yet, during that same time, I could listen to a message from Leonard Ravenhill and be so encouraged after just a few minutes.

This is what blesses me about SermonIndex. There are messages here that challenge, encourage, chastise and comfort me often more than most of the 52 sermons that I hear in a given year.

I appreciate the burden that the Lord has placed on your heart, brother Greg. I also appreciate the humility by which you desire to decrease so that He may increase. Words cannot express how much that we have been blessed by your obedience to Christ and your desire to get these messages out to the greater Body of Christ.

2012/1/8 23:50Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy