Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Praising God for my Fitness Ball

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
roadsign

Praising God for my Fitness Ball

This morning after church I stopped at the store and bought myself an fitness ball – the kind you sit on when you are working at the computer. I’m delighted with it. Here I am, joyfully bouncing and praising God as I type away.

The Holy Spirit convicted me about this through the scripture on our bodies being God’s temple, and through my friends who are more conscientious about fitness than I am, and through online articles. My conscience no longer allows me to go back to the old way: the ways that harm my body. Those ways are all sins because they violate the word of God. I put them behind me. I am now convicted about keeping my core muscles flexible and engaged. It's called "active sitting". (Doesn’t that sound like the spiritual life!)

I’ll be doing a lot of bouncing in coming days, as write on our favorite subject here: legalism. Only, I will use a word Martin Lloyd-Jones uses: “MECHANICAL”. That’s how he explains a focus on the letter of the law over and above the spirit of the law. Believe me, I know what it’s like to be a mechanical Christian and live with mechanical Christians. It can make you go crazy! (Do you see why I think this is an important topic?)

Back to my fitness ball: I recommend that you all get one. In fact, with so many of you rotting away your muscles at the computer, I think it should be mandatory. You should not be allowed to push “LOGIN” unless you are positioned on an exercise ball. I even think it should be law that exercise balls come with the computer package when you purchase it. I am deeply convicted about this! If we baby boomers don’t work harder at fitness, we will soon be too unfit to serve God. We’ll be too out of shape to walk next door – and be a neighbor as Jesus taught.

I know, you might think I’m just being a MECHANICAL Christian - and a hypocrite at that. But I want you to know that I am never a mechanical Christian – not any more. That could never be! No, No, No! I’m so inspired about this that I can already hear a song forming in my head – to the rhythm of us Christians at our computers – all bouncing together.

Joyful bouncing to you all!

Diane

2012/1/8 14:59Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re: Praising God for my Fitness Ball

Be careful around scissors Diane.

Have fun with your bouncing and typing. What a visual I'm getting!

PW

2012/1/8 15:07Profile
humble

toronto, ontario

Re: Praising God for my Fitness Ball

Quote:
Back to my fitness ball: I recommend that you all get one. In fact, with so many of you rotting away your muscles at the computer, I think it should be mandatory. You should not be allowed to push “LOGIN” unless you are positioned on an exercise ball. I even think it should be law that exercise balls come with the computer package when you purchase it. I am deeply convicted about this! If we baby boomers don’t work harder at fitness, we will soon be too unfit to serve God. We’ll be too out of shape to walk next door – and be a neighbor as Jesus taught.

Nice law Diane! I don't think it will pass in North America though...
enjoy it!!
Levan G.

2012/1/8 17:14Profile
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
Nice law Diane! I don't think it will pass in North America though...

Well then we should get petitions going! What do you think, Levan?

Diane

2012/1/8 17:56Profile
humble

toronto, ontario

Re:

Yep, i'll wright to prime minister too.
oh,wait. What if it passes? Then even fit ones of us will have to have it and some companies will make a lots of money. It is complicated eh?
I have to think about it.:)

Levan G.

2012/1/8 18:16Profile
savedtoserve

Re:

Your thread makes me smile every time I see it! :D

I have one, too, but I have one precaution for my fellow-sisters...be careful if you're wearing a skirt and using the ball as a chair!! It is easy for your skirt to get caught around it, causing you to lose balance and tip backwards...I found this out the hard way! :D I'm more careful now, however, so that should be my first and last tumble! (See I got through this comment!) :D

A sister,
savedtoserve

2012/1/8 18:53Profile
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
It is easy for your skirt to get caught around it, causing you to lose balance and tip backwards...I found this out the hard way!

To think - you could have sustained a head injury! Your mishap is now serving as a helpful word of caution for all the ladies here. I will remember it - and will no doubt pass on to others to: Be careful with skirts and fitness balls!

May God preserve you from further tumbles as you bounce on in His name.

Diane

2012/1/8 20:49Profile
savedtoserve

Re:

:D :D You are too funny! But yes, I'm thankful my head was fine--I just learned that wood floors + elbows = a pretty shade of blue elbows!

And Brother Paul talked about the visual he was getting...

2012/1/9 22:05Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy