SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Where is the Forum Search Box?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
single

Where is the Forum Search Box?

Hello, I want to search the forums but can't find where the search box is, can you post instructions on where to find it.

Thank you.

2012/1/7 11:14Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: Where is the Forum Search Box?

Search for "sermonindex search engine" on google and then use this link:
[url=http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=007465431020570466359%3Adn1_kpmeho4]http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=007465431020570466359%3Adn1_kpmeho4[/url]

2012/1/7 12:20Profile
single

Re:

Thanks but using google or any other 3rd party internet search engine to attempt to search through sermonindex's xoops based forum or any other internet forum is unacceptable and beyond impractical.

I guess I have now figured out that for undisclosed reasons the owners of this site do not want people to be able to search the forums here and purposely removed the search box.

2012/1/7 13:25Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
by single...I guess I have now figured out that for undisclosed reasons the owners of this site do not want people to be able to search the forums here and purposely removed the search box.

Could you please share those reasons? since I would like the answers myself.
Thanks!
Mr. Bill

2012/1/7 13:42Profile
single

Re:

Their reasons are undisclosed so I could not attempt to tell you them, asking the owners of the site may give you their reason.

Every single one of probably millions of Internet forums have proprietary search functions built into their forum code (xoops in this instance) which sort results, and do various advanced search functions and then return orderly result listings which are not anywhere near possible to be done by trying to search the same forum by using google or any other search engine. If you use any other internet forum and do searching on them you will be able to understand what I am referring to compared to a google search listing.

The proprietary search box/function on this forum by my reading their source code is based on xoops a cms (see xoops.org to learn more), which they (for whatever undisclosed reasons) choose to disable the xoops forum search function on this site for which they did not need to since it is a default function when you install a xoops forum and you would have to go into the administration section to disable the search tools.

2012/1/7 15:40Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy