SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : And then shall many be offended ...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

And then shall many be offended ...

I'm not a big thread starter, but this one verse played through my mind last night and it was there when I woke this morning. I didn't 'think' of it - it just kept coming into mind, even while my mind was elsewhere.

I shared it with a Sister in Christ earlier today and realized what the LORD was trying to say.

I was reminded of Cain and Abel and this other verse from Rom 8:14 "For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God."

It seemed two strains of thought were coming with that verse from Matt 24. One was that those caught in the apostasy from truth, being offended at truth and the other was that those that may get a word from The Spirit may offend someone that doesn't want to hear it.

I believe as the days are getting darker - the enemy is throwing out a fog of attack on many and it's possible that those that try to help, will find the ones they're trying to help, get offended.

That's what I've figured so far, as to why that verse from Matt 24 has been put into my mind, coming out of the blue last night without my reading it or anywhere near thinking of it. I had almost forgotten about that one verse but kept hearing "and many shall be offended". I'd have to say that, with the persistence that those words kept coming, against my conscience will - He was trying to strongly get my attention on this thought last night and early this morning.

Don't know if anyone else needed to hear this or has any thoughts.

GOD be Blessed and set all of our captive loved ones free. Amen.

2012/1/6 20:12
Elibeth

Re: And then shall many be offended ...

Dear brother,
Yes,
The Word was an offense to some in Jesus' day , they hated Him because of God's Word that He spoke,...and it is an offense , I regret to say ,in our day,....some may think, we can have Jesus and not have the Word,( But He is the Word!) But with the Word comes responcebility,of what are we going to do with the Word that He says to us,...

Be blessed,
Elizabeth

2012/1/6 22:17Profile

Re:

Thank you Sis. "But He is The Word" - Bless GOD, Amen!
We reject any part of His Word, we're rejecting "Jesus".
Funny that you used the word "hated", because that's the end of that particular verse.

Yes, "with the Word comes responsibility". Do we call following the New Testament legalism? I do believe we need to define "legalism" - firstly it's a word that everyone will give a different definition for and secondly a word that's not in the Word. There are other words that Paul especially used - but legalism is too up for personal interpretation, I'm afraid.

Well, it seems the LORD is wanting me to connect some further dots tonight. For the past two weeks, I've felt led to get offline at 10 and that's unheard of for a true nightowl :) but the reason is, He seems to want me to go listen to the News on shortwave again. I haven't done that in ages. That normally means, it's time to 'watch'. Reluctantly I've tried to do so and yes, it does seem as though things are heating up out there.
Then I thought tonight that I always check the surrounding [sandwiching] verses and believe this ties in as part of why that one verse was given to me last night as well. I was reminded of this at 10 again tonight.

Mat 24:6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
Mat 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
Mat 24:8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.
Mat 24:9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
Mat 24:10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
Mat 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
Mat 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
Mat 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

I said, LORD, that's quite a sandwich.

Well, back to the radio world now.

The LORD Bless you, Sister.

Your Sister as well

2012/1/6 23:34
lindi1208

Re:

Dear Jig

wow for the last few days I have been heavily burned by why so many will not heed the truth but rather get offended when the truth is spoken in love. Similarly with you the lord impressed upon me a few scriptires which I couldn't get out of my mind

1 Peter 2 v 8 Christ is the stumbling stone a rock of offense!

I kept thinking Christ is the word of God the chief cornerstone who ever falls on this stone will be broken to pieces and on who ever the stone falls on they will be crushed.

also this one a little leaven leavens the whole lump still trying to underdtand the lesson on this one with regardd to deception : )

love in Christ

Lindi

2012/1/7 5:48Profile

Re:

Dear sister, i wish i knew you by name rather than shortening your "moniker", so, i feel comfortable in adressing you as dear sister, beloved sister, i am choosing my own words very carefully...oh no!...not a word of censure, rebuke, but these leadings you have...ie the shortwave radio, or any other non main stream purveyor of "news" of the world, as led, is from God.

right this second, the vast "chess pieces of man", dark as they may be, are in motion. i could write you many things as to what i;ve either read, or heard, direct from various 'sources", and heard from the LORD, but i wont, because i love you, in this; i beg you, in the Love of Jesus, dont let worldly fear grab you. Please, dont.

This MUST happen. Jesus told us about it, while He walked among us, 'flee Jerusalem', He instructed...'don't even look back'.

How right and correct was the Prophet Jeremiah when spoke of the condition of the human heart, "dark and deceitful", but you were NOT given a spirit of fear, but the Holy Spirit, and that Small Still Voice will instruct you in all matters.

Hence, this Leading you are getting is not counterfeit, my words are true, when i tell you that others have discerned as such...its what you do with that Leading, and the paths of your heart take, thats of eternal importance, for He is your strength. NO FEAR! let us rest in Faith, amen, neil

2012/1/7 7:47
lindi1208

Re:

Brother Neil

I think what our sister was saying in the OP was the importance of being led by the spirit in terms of avoiding deception. I did not detect a spirit of fear. All our sister was saying was aboit how many people are being offended when truth is pointed out to them they get defensive and find offense in what is pointed out. In her second post she was giving the context of the verse and mentioning that Christ did say these things will happen.. hope this helps : )

love to you brother Neil

Lindi

2012/1/7 8:27Profile
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re:

Yes, I believe many will be offended even more in this age because of the great push to "human rights"... Whatever that means, because everyone can't be right. Oh, but to be a servant to all that many will be saved.
I recall also the words Christ spoke in the synagogue in Nazareth after His time in the wilderness - where He preached a few words of Truth to those in attendance, and upon hearing were filled with great wrath (Luke 4:25-29).

2012/1/7 10:51Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: And then shall many be offended ...

Annie,

Appreciate your thoughts on this issue. It is so very hard to maintain a spiritual equilibrium when the devil uses other 'Christians' to shout you down, calling you names...

I find your observation about 'legalism' fascinating! It was only in the past few days I became aware of the fact that it does not appear in the WORD at all. In fact, the modern use of it is so confusing to me. People that use it talk out of both sides of their mouths. Then I think about the simplicity of the WORD and how people will muddle it...I wonder if this muddling of the simplicity of the WORD will not bring offense and lead many away from it?

Happy new year! Annie! So good to see you post again!

ginnyrose

2012/1/7 11:11Profile

Re:

Thank you three. I enjoyed reading your posts. Thankful that we have a Book that tells us ahead of time what will happen. It's become our Newspaper now - watching things unfold as they happen. Amen to all.
Happy New Year Sandra. Love your accent :o) Incredible how many cuts of different patterned and textured cloths make up a quilt. The Body of Christ, from every tribe and nation. Beautiful!!

I was reminded of something once said to me, as I spoke to a friend tonight. Years back, someone shocked me pretty badly and while sharing my sorrow with a wise older Brother, he said, "You don't lose a friend." It took me a few minutes to figure out what that meant and when I "got it", I really got it and it's saved a lot of hurt ever since.
A true friend doesn't walk out on you. Get it? He continued - "If they leave you, they weren't your friend to begin with."
I've found that saying of his to be very true over my lifetime, as I looked back after he said it. My 'friends' are lifetime friends and we'd give our lives for each other.

A true friend of Jesus doesn't walk out on Him neither, nor can stay away or seperate from His Body. Jesus is never seperated from His Body. It's connected to Him permanently - warts and all.

"Offended" - Doesn't seem like a word that would be part of our vocabulary - as in, "I'm offended." Just thought that. Maybe it's a good way to judge our spirituality. Sort of a spiritual thermometer to see if we're dead to self yet or not.

Thank you Lindi, Neil and Sandra for your good thoughts and contributions. Brain-storming together helps me much. I love reading all of your posts. There's Life out there, as I see good posts scattered all about and like a spiritual injection of B-12 for me to read the good things. The LORD Bless you all!

Comforted in knowing and hearing that, whatever we go through - 'He allows' and never more than what He knows that we can bear. Amazing Grace & Mercy!

Got a lot on my heart but can't seem to put words to it all as yet. Brain clog? Probably.

Bless you all. Sincerely!!

2012/1/7 21:25

Re:

Yeshuasboy, I'm blessing GOD for the Berean type folks here.
I'm dwelling now on the term you used, "human RIGHTS".
I do believe you've hit on something that goes along very well with the attitude of 'being offended'.
More now to give to the Holy Spirit to help us churn around in our minds, or better yet, our spirits.
Thank you much, Brother!

I'm chewing on this one as well ~ "Faithful are the wounds of a Friend..."

fixed verse :)

2012/1/7 22:24

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy