SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : planting a church

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
wijnand

planting a church

With a group of young (between 22-28) we have started a new church in our home. I can not explain a lot about it, but I was wondering if there are some people here who have done the same thing and have ideas or things we should think about.

At this moment there is nothing 'official' expect that we pray, sing and preach.

I know we are very young, therefor please pray for us and for the spread of the gospel in our country (The Netherlands) and if you have any tips, ideas or comments please share them!

With love,
Wijnand

2012/1/4 9:03Profile
jimp

Re: planting a church

hi, a group of us did this 40 years ago and we went to a differint home every week so that it be not a burden on any one family. the persons house we met in that week was responsible for the message... this gave all of us training in prepairing a sermon oor teaching... also gave us confidence in sharing Jesus before others. we grew to love one another and trust one another. then God sent us Len ravenhill for almost a year to teach and preach as part of our group.i was also part of another group that turned into a 50 family church as asst. pastor. God also sent in grreat people to help us there but it did not have that intimate feeling and fellowship the houses church had. we allowed the children to participate in the worship also.we would have coffee and snacks after the fellowship. maybe we were the first seeker sensative fellowsip. love it jimp

2012/1/4 9:17Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re: planting a church

wijnand,

We have been a part of and/or hosting a House Church in our home for the last 7 years. Feel free to give me an email with any questions that you may have. Hopefully this will be a blessing to you all.

christiaanhanson@gmail.com

2012/1/4 10:22Profile
andres

texas,brownsville

Re:

Myself and 2 others planted a Church about 5 years ago... I was about 31..
anyway...
1. Stick to the Gospel
2. Have a purpose on why you do things.. ( why do your preach the way you do? Why do you worship they way you do?)
3. Pray.. pray.. pray oh yeah Pray
4. study.. Find out what you believe and why.. nothing will kill a church plant like division..
5. prepare for war.. your lives will be alot harder

good books that helped us out:

The Deliberate Church, Mark Dever-- ( read it)
Systematic Theology, Wayne Grudem

my God's Grace be with you all. Preach that Gospel
andy

2012/1/4 10:55Profile
wijnand

Re:

Thank you all for your reactions!

2012/1/5 4:56Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy