SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : New Year predictions?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
docs

New Year predictions?

What do you think is going to happen this year?

What are the top one or two issues do you think are a challenge to the church right now as the year begins?

There's no need to feel out of sorts if you're not inclined to reply. I'm just wondering if any one has any thoughts. Maybe you do maybe you don't. All is okay either way.

I pray all had a good Christmas and may everyone prosper during this coming year. I keep getting the feeling the day is getting far spent and we've got to get very sober about this Christian endeavor we are called to. That's just me but it seems hard to get around it. The increasingly not so mild rumblings won't go away.

Blessings from here.

2012/1/3 19:08Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re: New Year predictions?

Jesus is closer to returning this year then last year :-)

2012/1/3 23:00Profile
wombat1

Melbourne

Hello Docs,

I am so glad to hear of your rumblings. I am of the strongest convictions that you are right. The GFC and the USFC or even the middle east uprisings are not the issue but stem from what I percieve is the issue.

We are nearly there, at the end I mean, I am not a pentecostal that believes in rapture, sorry for that guys, but it rips out too much prophesy to be pre or mid. I am not saying the end is nigh with a placard on both sides of me with a bell in my hand. We have time but no time to waste.

Regardless of teachings or eschatological perspectives it is my belief that you are sensing what is happening in the spirit. To encourage you the Lord calls on us to wait on our ministry. That means seeking his facing and waiting on him for direction correction inspiration revelation etc.

The leadings, if that is what they are, that from the spirit because of their consitancy will tend to show your function if it is not allready evident. If you have a heart to warn people based on these rumblings then your gifting could be prophetic, if it is accompanied by a burden to pray,your ministry will be intercession, if it to provide strong scriptural background and context then your ministry could be teaching etc etc.

When I was a boy, when the last of the dinosaurs were roaming the earth, my pastor said not to look at the world to gauge our place in endtimes but rather to look into the word.

My feelings are that the bride is preparing herself in her secret chamber putting jewels on in preparation for her marriage.

The top issue to answer your question and I must admit this is from my perspective because others whose function and calling is different to mine will see the same thing differently however hopefully we will start to work together like the fingers on a hand. The issue is that the trumpet sound is clearly issuing a call to come out of her my people.

If you are a member here, you will be aware of the constant warnings of what is becoming known as the Disney Church. No hell, no repentance greed is good and sin is OK. Many of the featured speakers on this site provide clear and strong support for their scripturally based convictions as opposed to the idealogically based theology of today.

I heard one guy in Melbourne Australia say "the holy spirit convicts us of sin before we are saved but only convicts us of our righteousness after we are saved."?? He also said if you are in a fallen state God sees you as perfect. Another amazing young man said God only sees your destiny?? in the context of not to worry what you are upto in your fallen state.

Warning of the false church may not be your bag as we used to say in the 70's may not be part of your rumblings however let someone you know and trust what you feel and then step out in faith and believe God to put a path beneath your feet. AVAGO can be dangerous for those who want to promote self, however the warnings of the talents and the seed that fell on various grounds provide a basis for "proceed with caution but do proceed."

I hope this is relevant to your walk. If not please respond and tell me. Iron is to sharpen iron. Your request has brought me great joy, thank you.

Fond regards, Oskar.

2012/1/4 3:55Profile
docs

Re: Twelve Steps to a Good Year

1) LET US FEAR LEST WE FAIL TO REST IN CHRIST.
"Therefore, let us fear lest, while a promise remains of entering His rest, any one of you should seem to have come short of it." (Hebrew 4:1)

2) LET US BE DILIGENT
"Let us be therefore be diligent to enter that rest, lest anyone fall through following the same example of unbelief." (Hebrews 4:11)

3) LET US HOLD FAST OUR CONFESSION
"Since we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession." (Hebrews 4:14)

4) LET US DRAW NEAR TO THE THRONE OF GRACE
"Let us therefore draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need." (Hebrews 4:16)

5) LET US PRESS ON TO MATURITY
"Therefore, leaving the elementary teaching about the Christ, let us press on to maturity, not laying again a foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God, (Hebrews 6:1)

6) LET US DRAW NEAR TO THE MOST HOLY PLACE
"Since, therefore, brethren, we have confidence to enter the holy place by the blood of Jesus, (Hebrews 10:19)

"let us draw near with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water." (Hebrews 10:22)

7) LET US HOLD FAST OUR CONFESSION WITHOUT WAVERING
"Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful;" (Hebrews 10:23)

8) LET US CONSIDER ONE ANOTHER
"and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds," (Hebrews 10:24)

9) LET US RUN WITH ENDURANCE THE RACE
"Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumberance, and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race set before us, (Hebrews 12:1)

10) LET US SHOW GRATITUDE
"Therefore, since we have received a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us show gratitude, by which we may offer to God an acceptable service with reverence and awe;" (Hebrews 12:28)

11) LET US GO OUT TO HIM OUTSIDE THE CAMP
"Hence, let us go out to Him outside the camp, bearing His reproach. "

12) LET US CONTINUALLY OFFER UP A SACRIFICE OF PRAISE
"Through Him then, let us continually offer offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that give thanks to His name." (Hebrews 13:13)

Thank you Derek Prince for coming up with the steps. You were a man of God indeed!

2012/1/5 12:50Profile
ArtB

New York

Re:

"Therefore, let us fear lest, while a promise remains of entering His rest, any one of you should seem to have come short of it." (Hebrew 4:1)

It is noteworthy that these 12 statements are from Paul in His letter to Hebrews, and is addressed to his fellow Jews who have converted to Christianity.

He is warning them to not intertwine The New Covenant with the Mosaic Covenant, lest if they do, they will not enter God's rest, but rather, they will fall short of it.

Paul did not address this to the gentiles who became Christian, but to Jews whose ancestors were long under the Mosaic law. Paul was warning them against mixing the works of The Mosaic Law with salvation by Faith in Jesus Christ finished work on the cross and Salvation by accepting the blood atonement of the perfect unblemished Lamb of God.

This was not a problem for the gentiles who converted to Christianity, because they knew very little of the Mosaic Covenant and who simply fully accepted the gospel of Jesus Christ by faith, as was taught to them by Paul and the other Christian Evangelists.

2012/1/5 15:05Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

We are going to hear more lying, people working to deceive you, be it in the church, forums or marketplace.

2012/1/5 21:01Profile
docs

Re: A few thoughts

Many people are likely feeling nearly the same in many ways about what is to come even if they don't agree on the specific details. I feel that the church is going to have to learn to keep its cool and maintain a higher level of faith as the decline in secular society continues. I'm split in my thinking as to whether societal decline is due to the church's negligence because it's two different kingdoms. One is going its way and the kingdom of God is going its way. If secular society is really beginning to shake I don't think it means the church will have to suffer decline. It may be shook but it can still continue to prosper even if it's a spiritual prospering versus a mainly material prosperity.

No one saw Arab Spring coming but I believe in lieu of all that has happened that the controversy surrounding Israel is here to stay and is going to inexoriably ratchet up. If not during this comng year then soon but it never really goes away. It seems like it's going to be increasingly hard for modern Israel to continue to be dismissed by certain segments of the church as just a happenstance of history void of any prophetic significance. The prophets forecast that at the end of the age that there would be worldwide agitation over Israel and the Jewish presence there and it's no secret that many of the forces behind Arab Spring are mobilizing to bring about a final end to the "Jewish problem" in their midst. Israel's sinking image in the world is a deliberate program by its enemies in my opinion but yet the plans of God are somehow interwoven into it all as God lets Israel's increasing isolation help bring it to a place of despair as to its own ability outside of God. I know those are big words and I'm not trying to be a hot shot. Yet like someone said, "If it has cost the west as much as it has to stand with Israel what is it eventually going to cost the church?" As the world's agitation over Israel's presence continues to grow so will their agitation grow over a church that contnues to stand with and extend itself to Israel. If it doesn't happen this year I pray the church would turn again with a renewed vigor to the prophets so as to help us get our bearings better as to what is not only forecast to happen but is actually happening before our eyes.

"But you, O Daniel, shut up the words and seal the Book until the time of the end. [Then] many shall run to and fro and search anxiously [through the Book], and knowledge [of God's purposes are revealed by His prophets] shall be increased and become great" (Daniel 12:4 - Amplified Bible)

No outright predictions here but just a few thoughts.

2012/1/6 12:14Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

I do not doubt for one minute about what you said about Israel...The question comes: how will the true believers fare in the midst of all this? I find Jeremy's post on the "Ukraine Amish" edifying. In it is a testimony of how God supernaturally led his people away from persecution back in the 1920s in the Ukraine. There is no proof He will do it again because Revelation promises there will be godly people killed.

In the meantime, we need to stay close to the LORD and learn to recognize His voice when he speaks and do as He bids us. Obedience can and will make the difference. Without it we will lose. I suggest that this will make a difference on how well we will be able to endure what is sure to come.

2012/1/7 11:42Profile
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Here is my prediction for this coming year:

Go into the entire world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up serpents with their hands; and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover. (Mark 16:15-18)

And if we would actually believe and allow the Lord to do these things in our lives then verse 20 would happen: v20 And they went out and preached everywhere, while the Lord worked with them and confirmed the message with signs following.

Hallelujah!! God bless us all to believe the Word!
Lisa

2012/1/7 12:14Profile
docs

Re: For ArtB - the context of Hebrews

You said,

It is noteworthy that these 12 statements are from Paul in His letter to Hebrews, and is addressed to his fellow Jews who have converted to Christianity.

He is warning them to not intertwine The New Covenant with the Mosaic Covenant, lest if they do, they will not enter God's rest, but rather, they will fall short of it.

Paul did not address this to the gentiles who became Christian, but to Jews whose ancestors were long under the Mosaic law. Paul was warning them against mixing the works of The Mosaic Law with salvation by Faith in Jesus Christ finished work on the cross and Salvation by accepting the blood atonement of the perfect unblemished Lamb of God.

This was not a problem for the gentiles who converted to Christianity, because they knew very little of the Mosaic Covenant and who simply fully accepted the gospel of Jesus Christ by faith, as was taught to them by Paul and the other Christian Evangelists. (End)

Doc: I hear you brother and restoring the Hebrew and Jewish context of many scriptures and epistles is important. I have no problem with that yet I think that the things Paul wrote in Hebrews to the Hebrew Christians stil has pretty mcuh of a universal application in the lives of all Christians. I'm sure that if the letter to the Hebrews was circulating back then that the Gentile believers were edified by it i spite of who Paul wrote it to. I'm not saying that you don't think they were but I found myself edified just copying and typing out the 12 Steps. I appreciate your thoughts.

Blessings,

"Doc"

2012/1/11 9:38Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy