SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Romans 10:4 - The Ultimate Result

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:

his justification is guaranteed because it is not by works ,but it is the righteousness of god which is the gift of righteousness accounted to them that believe

I believe it is a gift. but i don't think its a guarantee, if one doesn't have the active faith I was talking about (or faith-works as James says: "can a dead faith save him?"):

Quote:

"Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter.
(Matthew 7:21 NASB)

Paul is not against James' "justification through faith-works". Paul spoke against attaining the law by works--maybe a type of self-righteous effort of works apart from faith in God: God's leading; an active faith-relationship (love relationship).

Quote:

salvation is completely a free gift that we have know power to earn by obedience

agreed. but isn't the faith that Jesus talks about, a faith that produces the fruits?

Quote:

paul said to titus it is not by works of righteousness' which we have done ,,but by the washing and renewing of the holy spirit

yeah so through faith the holy spirit washes us, gives us love, grace, peace etc and leads us to do His will. that's how I read it

Quote:

lest not try to replace the gift of his grace and the death of his son ,with faith in our selves ability's to be holy or obedient ,

let us say with paul ,,,,,looking unto Jesus who is the author and the finishers of our faith

agreed. amen

2013/6/4 13:34
brothagary

Re:

I ment brother in comparesment with us being justified by by imperfect life after conversion ,, his rightesness imputed and the his spirt imparted and the out working of those principals we can rest with asurence and be garneteed that ,thoses things are exceptable to god

knowing that it is god who works in you both to will and to do for his goood pleasure (paul)

that's why brother I said that sangtafication in a practical scenece is attached to justification
if gods created a new tree it will bare the fruits of faithfilled obedience

I wasn't saying that a person can be justified or saved and not produce any fruit ,,no I didn't even imply that brother

I didnt say paul was against what james said ,,not at all brother ,wouldn't even dream of saying that

amen brother to the rest of what you said

iv got to go to work now, blessings to you brother
brother gary

2013/6/4 15:51Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy