SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Hundreds more Church of England defections expected

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Hundreds more Church of England defections expected

At least 20 clergy and several hundred of their parishioners are already lined up to join the Ordinariate, the new structure set up by the Pope a year ago that allows them to remain some of their Anglican heritage while entering into full communion with the Holy See.

But many more members of the Anglo-Catholic wing of the Church of England are likely to defect following a critical meeting of its governing body, the General Synod, if traditionalists who cannot accept the ordination of women are denied special provision.

The head of the Ordinariate, Mgr Keith Newton, told The Daily Telegraph: “There are in the region of 15 to 20 people who I think will be coming over this year. These are ordained Anglicans who wish to petition the Holy See for ordination.” ...

read more: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/8968960/Hundreds-more-Church-of-England-defections-expected.html

2011/12/29 12:08Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re: Hundreds more Church of England defections expected

This is hardly a defection. I do not think they "defect" because of godly conviction of biblical truths but rather because of conservative views. They remain within the camp of religious clergy. Is it sad that clerical honors are so important to them that they have no qualms to be ordained by a counterfeit religious system that is opposed to the headship of Christ and that has killed multitudes of true believers. They will lead others to follow their error.

2011/12/29 16:13Profile

Re: Hundreds more Church of England defections expected

oh my, that is some strange and savage news, last days indeed....you would think saints WANT to flee rome.
oh my, God have mercy.

2011/12/29 19:20

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy