SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Sermon Recommendations on TV and Movies

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
flameoffire

Michigan

Sermon Recommendations on TV and Movies

I was wondering if anyone would make some sermon recommendations on TV, Movies etc.

I'm not looking for something to give to others. This is to encourage and solidify my own standards. I'm not looking for rules per se but some principles for practical holiness.

I've listened to Washer's "Practical Holiness" several times and I've heard Poonen and Wilkerson preach on this within other sermons.

Just wondering if anything comes to mind.

2011/12/27 14:35Profile
Koheleth

NC

Re: Sermon Recommendations on TV and Movies

Philippians 4:8 is the best sermon I have ever heard on the subject. It is very short and directly relevant. The standards are both simple and clear. Memorize it, I recommend, and use it as your universal test for everything you allow to come in through your eyes or mind. I personally have found this "sermon" to be of great value on so many occasions, and hope you do as well. If you aren't sure how to apply it, just take each word or point in the verse and ask God and your own spirit how the item you are considering matches up in that area. Works wonders.

2011/12/27 14:56Profile
flameoffire

Michigan

Re:

Thanks Koheleth. Wise counsel.

2011/12/27 15:11Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy